It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on problems with health

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
To begin I will tell my story. Everything used to be good in my life. I was successful, the life was very good.

In 2020 everything changed. I lost my baby brother to Coronavirus and relatively soon two other close relatives died. This led me to severe depression and I started drinking very heavily. Before that, I had not been stranger to alcohol though, going out relatively often. Luckily I was able to work productively besides it all due to home office and not having hangovers. In May this year I was promoted to CTO of a relatively large local company. At least something good...

Last year, at the middle of the year, I started to go therapy. In the beginning, my liver enzymes were very high (liver damage), although they continued to drop every month, despite the progress going up and down. In the end of Februry, there was a major stepback due to war nearby and I drank again heavily for more than a month, although I managed to become sober again in April.

In May, I started getting weird symptoms. The smell in the bathroom changed and several times there was heavy bleeding in stool, not for last 3 weeks. Since then, I have been getting myself examined. The liver enzymes were within normal range and ultrasound, colonoscopy and gastroscopy were good, except for oesophagic infection. In the middle of June, I slipped and drank again for a week. This led to liver damage again (High AST, ALT levels). Now my palms turned reddish. I am extremely anxious right now due to it being sign of cirrhosis, even though so far doctors have said it is unlikely. I am in mid-30s. Generally, the feeling is fine though. No other symptoms beside what I described.

I know that internet is not the best place to ask, although could somebody suggest, how likely it is, that it is cirrhosis, when ultrasound and liver enzymes were fine just a month ago? Can reddish palms also happen due to acute livery injury (due to binge drinking)? I am extremely anxious and depressed right now. Just wanted to get this off my chest.
edit on 6-7-2022 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As hard as it may be, try to keep a positive mental outlook and pray.
Stop the booze totally.
Take walks in the fresh air, stretching and and breathing deeply as you go.

Eat the healthiest diet you possibly can, with lots of fresh vegetables as the mainstay.

Check this out, from Chunyi Lin, a qigong expert:

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
Can reddish palms also happen due to acute livery injury

Yes, reddish palms (palmar erythema) are a potential sign of serious liver disease.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

A made up qigong video isn't the answer for anything.
This person needs professional help and advice, stopping the booze can cause problems too depending on how long they've been drinking.

Eat the healthiest diet you possibly can, with lots of fresh vegetables as the mainstay.

This is the only good advice you've given.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
All you can do at this point is stop the damage, I got my diagnosis about 4 years ago when I had my gallbladder removed. Always check with your doctor but yea no alcohol seriously. But there are other relaxation therapies out there.

www.healthline.com...

When on a liver cirrhosis diet, eat plenty of nutrient-dense, minimally processed ingredients like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. Meanwhile, limit alcohol, processed foods, and ingredients high in sodium and unhealthy fats.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hi - sorry to here you are in a bad way.
Do you have a support network you can talk to - as getting it of your chest is maybe all you need.
We're all different and medical advice is not something to give or take lightly.

You dont mention your diet - do you eat well - is the first question?

I used to drink heavily in my 20 /30 and 40's and still drink now in my 50's and have no symptoms - no illnesses.
I had a friend who drank heavily as well in his 30's he would dry puke every morning, his guts we're in a terrible state.

Blood in your stool is of concern (maybe get a second professional opinion and or a 3rd from an alternative medicine practitioner.

To be honest you do sound like someone who uses excuses to go drink too much (victimhood). Bad things happen to all of us and we cope in different ways, something to lift your spirits without using spirits may help (church?).

You are not to blame for your loses - you need to heal. Look deep into yourself and try to discover what it is that makes you anxious.

To avoid depression - try to stop each day and count the things you have and are thankful for. Don't dwell on what once was.

Set some small achievable goals. Just little things that you've been avoiding - they will make you feel better.

So If I were you, I would get another opinion on your medical symptoms and find a community /church group to attend and feel part of something worthwhile.

Good luck and God bless... YTT

a reply to: Cabin

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

A made up qigong video isn't the answer for anything.
This person needs professional help and advice, stopping the booze can cause problems too depending on how long they've been drinking.

This is the only good advice you've given.

I'm offering some advice, nothing more. I suffered from debilitating back and hip injuries, which I'm almost totally healed from, using the qigong practices taught by Chunyi Lin. All the conventional therapies failed, some even aggravated the problems. Lin's philosophy states that the body can heal itself, if the injuries or illness are dealt with properly.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, its always hard losing a loved one and losing other close relatives must have been a kick in the gut.
If you can cut down on drinking with an aim to stop, this will help you and you're already looking for medical help and having therapy, just make sure to tell them everything.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm glad your back healed but......
qigong is a false practice used by charlatans, absolutley no proof of it working whats so ever other than hearsay.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Try and push for some tests on portal hypertension, and biopsy of your liver to rule our cirrhosis. If nothing come up I'd just stop drinking and low-sodium diet for a while, maybe forever.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Milk Thistle: This herb is commonly used to help control liver conditions such as alcoholic hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis. This can increase liver function and increases the chance of survival for these chronic diseases.
Green Tea: Green tea can help a lot with the regulation of the liver and means that there is less build-up of lipids in the liver. It is also said to be able to offer protection against liver disease to a certain extent and generally improves overall liver function.
Licorice: Another common food item, that has some very important benefits! It is said that licorice can reduce liver injury by offering anti-inflammatory properties. It is also said to reduce the effects of liver disease that was caused by other reasons than excessive alcohol consumption.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

'm glad your back healed but......

So my healing was just a coincidence? It wasn't the qigong?

qigong is a false practice used by charlatans, absolutley no proof of it working whats so ever other than hearsay.

I'm not touting qigong as a miracle, or insisting that anyone should try it. I simply told the OP that they may want to check it out.
Your statements are very arrogant. Your claiming that it's a "false practice used by charlatans" is an insult to the millions of people who practice it.

Article from a medical doctor, citing a peer-reviewed study:

What Are the Health Benefits of Qigong?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Qigong is full of people like this who pretend they are magic but who are fraudsters.

Your statements are very arrogant.

I have 20 years of studying martial arts and there is no such thing as a magicical chinese energy.
Stretching and exercise would have given you the same benefit which you could do in yoga as an example.
i wont be responding as not to hijack this persons thread.

edit on 6-7-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's good that you're getting help. Balancing mental and physical health is hard to do. But, you need to start incrementally. I was told my B vitamins were low, I had a low white blood cell count, so my DR sent me to a hematologist, who started me on weekly B12 injections. Alcohol comsumption can really effect your body's abilities to absorb B vitamins. It really helped with balancing my mood.

Then she slowed it down to once a month and I noticed that I started have episodes of depression and panic attacks again. I found THIS. I started injecting myself with 1/3 a cc daily, and WOW! It changed my life!

Mood swings much more under control, and body aches and pains disappeared. My gums stopped bleeding; my digestion normalized, my knees and hips are stronger, my skin cleared up and my hair is growing back! I'll let you know if it changes my white blood cell count in August, when I go in for a blood test again. Fingers crossed!

edit on 6-7-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I only read your title.

Never. Ever. Get medical advice on a conspiracy forum. Any, for that matter.

Get competent help. Please.

EMT/Paramedic

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It Could be your gallbladder . That can cause reddish palms with an itch . It’s from Too much histamine being sent to you body from excess bile …. I’m not saying it is your gal bladder Ans I’m not a doctor , but a simple blood test can tell if your producing too much bile . That will happen from drinking too much … either way , you need to stop drinking and start taking care of your body . Eat organic , stay hydrated , seek counseling or group therapy ( for as long as it takes ) you need to learn how to be ok with yourself, issues , and all that makes you drink. It’s not easy , but you can do it .and keep seeking doctors advice as to What your medical issues are , even if your have to try several doctors . You must be proactive to find your answers .

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My suggestion would be to quit the drinking....sometimes you have to quit completely to curtain the binges.

That would be the first thing to try, if that does not help, then at least you would know it was not directly related to the drinking...but I feel it is by reading your info in the opening post.

That may not fix everything that is going wrong, but it will hopefully stop the progression. Diet can help more, but it is best to cut back on the drinking first because it seems relative, After things are straightening out somewhat then look at the diet and make another thread and I may be able to help determine the next move.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
To begin I will tell my story. Everything used to be good in my life. I was successful, the life was very good.

In 2020 everything changed. I lost my baby brother to Coronavirus and relatively soon two other close relatives died. This led me to severe depression and I started drinking very heavily. Before that, I had not been stranger to alcohol though, going out relatively often. Luckily I was able to work productively besides it all due to home office and not having hangovers. In May this year I was promoted to CTO of a relatively large local company. At least something good...

Last year, at the middle of the year, I started to go therapy. In the beginning, my liver enzymes were very high (liver damage), although they continued to drop every month, despite the progress going up and down. In the end of Februry, there was a major stepback due to war nearby and I drank again heavily for more than a month, although I managed to become sober again in April.

In May, I started getting weird symptoms. The smell in the bathroom changed and several times there was heavy bleeding in stool, not for last 3 weeks. Since then, I have been getting myself examined. The liver enzymes were within normal range and ultrasound, colonoscopy and gastroscopy were good, except for oesophagic infection. In the middle of June, I slipped and drank again for a week. This led to liver damage again (High AST, ALT levels). Now my palms turned reddish. I am extremely anxious right now due to it being sign of cirrhosis, even though so far doctors have said it is unlikely. I am in mid-30s. Generally, the feeling is fine though. No other symptoms beside what I described.

I know that internet is not the best place to ask, although could somebody suggest, how likely it is, that it is cirrhosis, when ultrasound and liver enzymes were fine just a month ago? Can reddish palms also happen due to acute livery injury (due to binge drinking)? I am extremely anxious and depressed right now. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Why not plunge in to the wonderful world of mushrooms? chaga and reishi for general health, (reishi coffee is amazing)

And then make some awesome meals of fresh lions mane, it really mutes down that internal chatter we all have, give your brains a breather and grow some new pathways. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You know what you know, and that is what it is.
There is no reason for others to attempt to diminish your experiences.

From reading your comments for the last couple of years : am sure that you can tell the difference between the frauds, and what actually works for you.

Will be watching the vid you offered, in a few days. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thanks for the comment. It's appreciated!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join