It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we know if time travel becomes reality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOIUSCIPHERE
my favorite show is coming on

ill respond later

what's it called?

TROLLS?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

In my questioning this, I am trying to reason how we exist in a time and place where things that used to not be anywhere close to acceptable, have become the norm almost instantly. Mass formation psychosis sounds like a nice quick answer, but doesn't seem to be the root of the truth.

Time travel and all of it's intricacies and paradoxes seems like a logical place to look. Moving backwards in time, seems like it would be a one way trip. And the changes that might take place could all alter the future, either on a micro scale or a macro one. And until the reality altering event takes place, it's impossible to know how big or small the change may be. Conversely, if the past was changed, then it was changed at a previous time, and reality, as we know it, still transpired as we expected it would, we existed in the same timeline with the same events taking place. The traveler saw a totally different timeline which brought him/her to travel backwards. And any changes that person makes, would alter the future.

Traveling into the future seems pointless, as the future has yet to happen. If you jump forward, you have just altered the future you went towards, and just the action of leaving "the present" could alter the future up to and including a point where "we" don't exist anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've tried to sit down and draw out the design for a time machine and think of all the working parts it would take, just to see if future me would come back to present me and show me that it worked, but so far nothing. We can travel into the future, just not back in time, unfortunately. It definitely feels like someone went back and altered time. Funny enough, everyone said that Trump would make the whole country look like the altered 1985 Hill Valley, but it was them who pulled it off.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

As you say, any changes that the time traveler makes would alter the future, which would create another paradox, because in the new future there wouldn't be a reason to go back in time to make changes.
considering this, they yes, if possible it most likely is a one way ticket and maybe even a suicide mission.

I was just re-watching a youtube vid that deals with how going faster then the speed of light would cause time-paradoxes in the present. Really hard to wrap your head around! lol
I think you might find it interesting so I'll post it below

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

not time travel, but when contemplating interstellar travel, more directly, faster than light (warp) travel, I am stuck with understanding how a vessel traveling faster than light, could avoid all the space debris that exists. When driving over 100MPH, our reaction to road distractions and dangers is diminished greatly. I'd think long before a photon torpedo did in the Enterprise, a small rock floating in space would tear through the center of the hull about 3 minutes into the first trip.

But on Earth, terrestrial time travel, or dimension shifting/jumping could be as close as going just a tiny bit faster than light.

I'm not totally convinced CERN hasn't changed something. Clown world was a joke, and will continue to be one.....until it isn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Personally I think it would be 'easier' and safer to see the future and change the present, then to go to the past and change anything at all... theoretically.

If you think someone changed something, do you think they did it intentionally? And with the desired results?
Or did they mess up?

As for Clown world... I think that's a good way to describe it as it is right now!

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've tried to sit down and draw out the design for a time machine and think of all the working parts it would take, just to see if future me would come back to present me and show me that it worked, but so far nothing. We can travel into the future, just not back in time

I would not even know where to start when it comes to building a time machine! lol
but years ago, I sat down with the intention that future me would somehow be able to send the winning lottery numbers to that exact point in time... and nothing. (im not joking btw! lol)
It still remains the most interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We know time travel is a reality when we experience a UFO.

Not any type of bog standard fly by ufo, but one that interacts with us.

At that point the individual will know that time travel is a reality.

There is a simple reason why people report an absolute multitude of UFO types. They are coming back or forward in time from different moments in flight technology.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I started the theory as a joke, but as time passes, I have a hard time understanding how we could go from what we all remember as sort of "normal" to clown world. So I think it's possible that CERN did something, and had no idea they did it, or are covering up what happened. It's very possible nobody noticed anything odd, perhaps just one dude disappeared. I doubt anyone could make this kind of thing happen and control it or even comprehend it. But I feel like something happened. I know, thanks for the help dude, "something happened".

Somebody peaked behind the curtain, and should have left it alone. But then, how will anyone know what's back there?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: LOIUSCIPHERE
my favorite show is coming on

ill respond later

what's it called?

TROLLS?

the show is called i want to censor your speech and if i dont like what you say i start name calling

are you a woman?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The point of the whole matter is the nature of analog, and I know that the European version can mean the same thing, but not in the world of science.

Further we do not have to know what time is, only that it has to be an analog process because it can never be pinned down to anything exact. That is what I am talking about. Analog processes have strict rules as we have adopted the understanding that humans always digitize and it has nothing to do with computers. We just need to normalize our data so that it can be used in calculations that produce answers we can deal with.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hmm... there is that pesky analog value again, this time of infinite mass....

Another one of those "you can never get here, but you can get infinitely close."

It is the world of quantum theory.... and not only do we not know the nature of time, we certainly do not know how quantum theory works at all... Bet Ya analog and infinity have a home there as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Current

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join