It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROE v WADE Overturned

page: 96
<< 93  94  95   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I just wanted to stop and say thank you for taking some of the load off me. Your statements are right in line with my understanding.

It can get tiresome trying to correct those who just want the Bible to say what they think it should say.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Look. Your point, and Redneck's point is the biblical "God didn't give men dominion over people". Indeed, he did.

Not only did God give husbands dominion over their wives, the same author of Genesis also wrote that God gave the Israelites dominion over other nations, and could enslave virgin women and kill pregnant and married women.

Jesus told slaves to obey their masters, and Paul preached that our government officials are ordained by God, and we are subject to be obedient to them without question.

And, you can't argue that your opinion on abortion isn't based on religion while arguing religion.

Again, that was the result of sin. Man rebelled against God's good rule. That rebellion did not earn them freedom. They were put under the tyranny of sin and death. All humankind is alienated from God. The promise of the offspring in Genesis 3:15, who was the Christ, came through Abraham's line, in the line of kings through David. So the Israelites did have a special relationship with God. And today the anointed Christian congregation.

But man's domination of man God has allowed and tolerated, only because he has allowed rebellion of his Sovereignty over the earth.

Scripture says:

"I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
"
-Jeremiah 10:23.

So it never belonged to man to rule himself. And in the future we are promised that after Jesus Christ brings the last enemy death to nothing, then he himself will hand over the Messianic kingdom (which will rule over the earth for 1,000 years undoing all of humankind's mess) to his Father, Jehovah God. And then Jehovah God himself will be all things to all people. There will be no more kingdoms on earth, no more governments, no more political powers. There will be no more laws or regulations. There will only be humankind living at peace with each other and God.

For that is what all laws are for. To bring order and peace. And those who live under the law of love are bound by no other law, for the law is for lawless people. When only righteous people remain, who love God with all their heart and mind and soul, and who love their neighbor as themselves, there will be no need for any earthly government, or that of Jesus' rule. Jehovah God himself will be all things to all people:

"Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone."-1 Corinthians 15:20-28.

Then you will really see the glorious freedom of the children of God:

"20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but through the one who subjected it, on the basis of hope 21 that the creation itself will also be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God. "-Romans 8:20-21.

Creation herein mentioned is humankind, that Jehovah God subjected to futility, that is sin and death, on the basis of hope, that through the "sons of God" the resurrected anointed Christian congregation glorified in heaven at Jesus' side, after the 1,000 year rule of Christ over the earth ( no man-made government) all humankind surviving the final test will be brought back into God's family. And there will be true freedom. The glorious freedom of the children of God.
edit on 8-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you're justifying your position against abortion with your religion. But, the biblical god likes abortion, for the ungodly.

edit on 8-7-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So you're justifying your position against abortion with your religion. But, the biblical god likes abortion, for the ungodly.

"‘Do I take any pleasure at all in the death of a wicked person?’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Do I not prefer that he turn away from his ways and keep living?’"-Ezekiel 18:3.

God takes no delight in killing anyone. Not even wicked people. Recall the account of Jonah and the Ninveites. What did Jehovah there tell Jonah when Jonah was waiting for Jehovah to destroy the city?:

"But Jehovah said: “You felt sorry for the bottle-gourd plant, which you did not work for, nor did you make it grow; it grew in one night and perished in one night. 11 Should I not also feel sorry for Ninʹe·veh the great city, in which there are more than 120,000 men who do not even know right from wrong, as well as their many animals?”-Jonah 4:10-11.

God will do what is right. And that does call for the destruction of ungodly people. But he always warns them first. And he doesn't want anyone to die. That is why this system is still going. Because people are still responding to his call to repentance:

"However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9 Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. 10 But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed."-2 Peter 3:8-10.
edit on 8-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

God takes no delight in killing anyone

Neither do women having abortions, nor their doctors administering them.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I disagree. God still loves you.

I'm not a skank, I'm a manwhore.

You're a manskank.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Belialscousin

Wow, super clever, that's dad joke level stuff.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Belialscousin

Wow, super clever, that's dad joke level stuff.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I disagree. God still loves you.

TheRedneck

and Amaterasu loves you too Redneck.

I was actually happy to read that your opinion on this subject, like mine is based upon Scientific measure not religious ones... Don't get me started, my Thesis was on how the Bible was originally written and why Constantine chose certain books and not others to include. Also how he bastardized some old myths to fit them in and make it sound better in the Old Testament. (and some in the new) got an A on that one..

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is older men

* Men over the age of 50 is the only demographic that opposes abortion access, according to Gallup data.

* The only percentage decrease in pro-choice identification in the past 20 years also came from this demographic.

During the past 20 years, men over the age of 50 are the only group with a relatively steady increase in "pro-life" identification (up 11 percentage points) and a decline in "pro-choice" identification (down 6 percentage points) with numbers declining below 50%.

www.msn.com... dc9dcf4d14291b4055e553f0fd42d

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I just wanted to stop and say thank you for taking some of the load off me. Your statements are right in line with my understanding.

It can get tiresome trying to correct those who just want the Bible to say what they think it should say.

TheRedneck

Didn't notice your comment till I just logged on this morning. Just wanted to say that I appreciate your posts and knowledge as well. 👍

To everyone, I just wanted to add a little of my understanding of the issue from my perspective. I respect everyone's opinions on the matter. And have no ill will or intent toward anyone for thinking differently. When I speak up it comes from a place of passion and love, for God and for people.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

And I will not argue with that, even though it disagrees with my faith. Your faith is yours, and is, I presume, as important to you as mine is to me. I can accept that sentiment without argument.

I find religion to be something that is quite beneficial on the personal level, but too easily manipulated and used to oppress on larger levels... one of the reasons I do not associate myself with any man-made church. Most are connected to a larger denominational organization that makes it very easy to stray from God's path and onto man's path.

So when a matter of national debate, or even state debate, occurs, I try to stick to the science. Law may concern itself with morality as well, and I may find myself torn between the science and my faith someday, but it just seems a better way to approach such a subject.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I appreciate your posts and knowledge as well.

Thank you. May we both learn something from each other (I know I have learned from you).

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: vkey08

And I will not argue with that, even though it disagrees with my faith. Your faith is yours, and is, I presume, as important to you as mine is to me. I can accept that sentiment without argument.

I find religion to be something that is quite beneficial on the personal level, but too easily manipulated and used to oppress on larger levels... one of the reasons I do not associate myself with any man-made church. Most are connected to a larger denominational organization that makes it very easy to stray from God's path and onto man's path.

So when a matter of national debate, or even state debate, occurs, I try to stick to the science. Law may concern itself with morality as well, and I may find myself torn between the science and my faith someday, but it just seems a better way to approach such a subject.

TheRedneck

I've been trying for a day now to come up with some clever argument, but I just can't. Your post says everything I wanted to say but more eloquently than I ever could.

top topics

<< 93  94  95   >>

join