It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIDEN Admin to Use Emergency Powers to Force Oil Companies and Airlines to Do a Better Job.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sunday, June 19, 2022 (Happy Fathers Juneteenth Day!)

--This past week, America's worst President in decades, said he will FORCE oil companies to produce more gasoline in order to drive down prices, and to begin preparations for going out of business, as the FORCED transition to a "Green-based" economy continues.

“At a time of war – historically high refinery profit margins being passed directly onto American families are not acceptable,” the president said in a letter to oil companies including Exxon Mobil and Chevron.

″Companies must take immediate actions to increase the supply of gasoline, diesel, and other refined product,” the letter added.

Biden said that his administration is prepared to use “all reasonable and appropriate Federal Government tools and emergency authorities to increase refinery capacity and output in the near term.”
Source: www.cnbc.com...

--Yesterday, U.S. Transportation Secretary, Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg, told Airlines to be prepared for significant Government Interventions.

Following Buttigieg’s flight being canceled, forcing him to drive from Washington to New York, he said his department has authority to enforce action against airlines that do not sufficiently maintain consumer-protection standards, potentially requiring them to hire more staff.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

--The Biden Administration's use of the Defense Production Act (DPA) has been beneficial when it comes to the Covid-19 Pandemic. And, Solar Panel manufacturers are probably happy that lots of government $$$$ is flowing their way...along with other "Green Energy" companies.

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

--What is your gut feeling about the Biden Administration using "Emergency Powers" to force oil companies to refine/produce more gasoline, or Airlines to do what's necessary to reduce delayed and cancelled flights?

Can he use these "powers" to keep the price of food below a certain threshold? (i.e. "Stores will not charge more than $1.50 @ pound for Hamburger of any grade. Period!")

-CareWeMust

edit on 6/19/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Probably a plot to nationalize the US oil industry.
Remember mad Max threatened to do that a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is what joe Biden promised during his campaign.

The entire rise in gas prices is due to his own damn words.

Here is the former Vice President enacting on his policies to raise gas prices.

80 million people voted to raise gas prices….✌️
edit on 19-6-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So the Federal Government buys the U.S. share of Oil Business from Shell, BP Amoco, Speedway, Circle-K, and runs the industry from Washington D.C.? That's scary.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yeah, this will be good.

Everything these fools touch goes to crap.

I assume his "efforts" will result in a LOSS of production.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Can he use these "powers" to keep the price of food below a certain threshold? (i.e. "Stores will not charge more than $1.50 @ pound for Hamburger of any grade. Period!")

-CareWeMust

Lol, what the hell does that even mean...do better? When they are most likely doing all they can with what they got.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That would require Congress to intervene and I don't see that happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thankyou for the clip!

Americans heard it, voted for it, and are now getting it.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

i have been-on-record since 2020 'De-Lections' (where trump got couped) by Biden that JB would return the USA to Wage-&-Price controls led by the Presidents circle of Cabinet Chairs (acting as Central Planner Team) to have EOs issued by JB#46
edit on th30165565272019322022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

-CareWeMust

Lol, what the hell does that even mean...do better? When they are most likely doing all they can with what they got.

Maybe Democrats believe in "Price Controls" too?

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I love the bit about forcing airlines to hire more! How would that work? Do they (the administration) think the airlines can just hire anyone, it's not Walmart we are talking about here. Speaking of Walmart, are they not another company that cannot hire enough people? Biden and his administration are so out of their league. Well at least Carter has lived long enough to witness the presidential administration worse than his!

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

More theater distraction while grabbing all the power over oil so
he can finish America off.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The problem is not the companies, the problems is Obamabiden in charge of the white house, this is more sugar coating on the side of communist Democrats to show that they care about the people.

This all Obama era crap that was never pushed because it backfire on the democrats when the green companies went bankrupted with tax dollars.

People just have short time memories, Obamabiden in the white house and the democrats are the only ones to blame for the catastrophe we are facing in the nation right now.

Democrats are acting like the liars and wannabe communist in the US, I will not be surprised if they take over private oil companies in the name of emergency powers and executive orders to finish kill the industry and ram the expensive electric crap cars up the rear ends of Americas hard workers and tax payers.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So Biden does nothing. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

So Biden does something. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

What exactly should he do? Tell it to your Republican friends in Congress, and have them put forth some bills, and then vote on them. I'm betting the Dems would go along with some of their suggestions. But we will never know, because Republicans aren't interested in lowering gas prices until 2024. They know it hurts him, so they won't help. And Dems don't have the votes because of the filibuster.

So guess what, Biden will do what he can, and the rest of us will keep paying through the nose. Probably till 2024. So get a second job, or talk to your Congressman. Otherwise, all I hear is bitching.

I'll pay whatever price they ask. I HAVE NO CHOICE. AND NEITHER DO YOU.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Exactly, the Democrats wants to finish with America before the senile parrot can not be manipulated anymore.

I keep telling everybody, Democrats hate America and Americans they want to handle the nation to globalist after making deals about how much they will make while doing it.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

We did had a choice but the communist and liars stole it from us.

How do you like your America now, under communist democrats.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Think about it...who really profits from high gas prices. The oil companies and OPEC, that's who!!

Capitalism gone all horror show!!

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It's going to be hard to produce gas when they can't drill for oil. How stupid.
edit on 6/19/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It was a well put together agenda to make the oil companies now at fault of the gas prices, when it was the Democrats the ones that created the crisis, or you forgot that we did not had any crisis before the communist took over.

Yep this was all brought to us by the communist now in power.

Better yet, Trump even predicted what is happening now under the communist in the white house, all in the rush to push the useless green agenda.

Because is nothing green in greeny and another cheap either.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

--What is your gut feeling about the Biden Administration using "Emergency Powers" to force oil companies to refine/produce more gasoline

If this goes beyond strongly-worded letters and Biden actually invokes powers, it will cause a major industrial accident that will further increase prices.

Whatever one thinks of the refiners, they know exactly what they're doing, and you don't just handwave new production online overnight. When you rush in the wrong people you blow things up.
edit on 19-6-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join