It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Football Player refuses to wear rainbow shirt, They are Forcing The Player

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sports Had Become Political
Since the 2020 BLM riot protests in several cities in US and protests elsewhere.

BLM had been forcing sport players to wear symbols for virtue signalling, now the rainbow is forcing and demanding that all players must wear the rainbow shirt.

A Muslim Football Player has come under fire for refusing to wear it.
Muslim soccer player refuses to wear rainbow jersey backing LBGTQ, sits out game — now leftists smell blood: 'Homophobia is not an opinion but a crime'

Idrissa Gueye refuses to wear PSG shirt featuring rainbow symbol

The PGA supports the shirt in fears of a backlash.

PSG said on Wednesday that they were "very proud to wear this shirt".

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

To argue for it, id say a company can say that supporting ___ during work is apart of the job. Muslim doesnt nelieve in lgbtq? Then don't play for a corporation that supports it.

Of course, the other side is an employee or player should have free speech during work hours.

But hard to care aboit a players free speech when they dont care about the rights of lgbtq themselves. Why should i or anyone bothering advocating for this guy?

+19 more 
posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sanctioned sporting events should stick to official uniforms only. That way it keeps the focus where it should be.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Who will be called a racist when the Muslim world supports that players right to not have that or pig's blood on their clothes? Right to freedom of religion should include not having to agree with things that are against your beliefs as long as you aren't harming another. Not wearing a patch would harm no one and he has the right to be free of such mandatory acceptance of things not kosher. This is like the got to have a shot to work here situation if you realize the ratcheting up of the narratives to where we have to support things we don't wish to support. Next it will be something akin to "kiss the King's ring you peon"!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
He gets paid to play with balls I know I don’t give a flying rats ass about what he believes, he gets paid money to play a sport. He’s a retard for trying to ratchet up his own personal belief bias above and beyond that of what his employer pays him to do. If he firmly believes then he should just formally quit and get a job that involves doing other things then play with soccer balls.
edit on 23-5-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This exact same scenario happened earlier in the year with a player in the Aussie rules footy womens competition so she chose to sit that round out

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
BLM is still a thing?

shouldn't' they be in jail instead of telling people what to wear?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's odd as the owner's of PSG are from Qatar where homosexuality is illegal and are only doing this for PR, not actual support of rights.

Gueye chose not to play the match so he didn't have to wear the shirt, but again he's from Senegal where homosexuality is illegal, many gay men have been burnt alive and many supporting it have been murdered so has plenty of valid reasons not to wear it.

BLM have nothing to do with this event or sport becoming political - football has had politics for hundreds of years i.e Celtic and Rangers is Protestant vs Catholic, general NI troubles,old firm rivalry - or Dick Kerr ladies team from 100 years ago who were better than most men's teams and attracted bigger crowds so women's football had to be banned to protect the mens feelings.
edit on 23-5-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Transfer request.

If a persons God and principles come before money, then they have my respect.

edit on 23/5/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

The football team i support still "take the knee" before every game.

People are so spineless.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Of course, he's Muslim.

Duh.

A real Christian wouldn't wear a pentagram shirt. Just because the marketers and corporations sold their soul doesn't mean he should.

Would a bombing be a better choice??

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I get your point however the pentagram has existed long before Christianity and was even commonly used as a symbol for the five wounds of Jesus.

Pagan appropriation doesn’t somehow make the symbology morally opposed to Christianity.

edit on 23/5/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Our gay press and political reps were weaponized against us years ago. The flag's been tarnished by bad politics and openly demeaned. Locally, the rainbow flag is painted into crosswalks for people to trample over. I'm gay and wouldn't have it on my back these days. Not feeling the pride there. It's very much on par with BLM and exists to disrupt.
edit on 23-5-2022 by ConcernedCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Plus it's murder when they pop out a new strip every year and you have to keep buying the new ones.

Well you dont need to buy them but kids always want the new shirts.
edit on 23-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I get your point however the pentagram has existed long before Christianity and was even commonly used as a symbol for the five wounds of Jesus.

Pagan appropriation doesn’t somehow make the symbology morally opposed to Christianity.

Allow me to rephrase:

A common christian wouldn't wear a pentagram shirt, even if you explained that to them.

All better?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It would not bother me and im a common everyday protestant.

Like others have suggested EternalShadow the symbol predates Christian ideology by 1000s of years.

And contrary to popular belief, it's not entirely a satanic symbol any more than the Swastika represents Nazi Party ideology in its totality.

People and groups adopt symbols to suit their own purpose, and that just how we roll as a species.

edit on 23-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Lol, refuse to do your job, get booted, easy as that. That's like not wanting to wear a police uniform, because your redneck inbred family hates policemen...

On the other hand, with this behaviour, all LGBT ppl have the right to hate Muslims for not being neutral, now. So yeah, spreading hatred should always be punishable. Just like invading a sovereign nation...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Geezus....lol

Let me rephrase again:

A traditional Christian wouldn't wear a pentagram shirt. Protestants tend to be more "loose" with their ideologies in my experience.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I’m sensing a lot of Islamophobia here.

Their religion predates the gay lifestyle being a “thing” by a couple thousand years.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
Their religion predates the gay lifestyle being a “thing” by a couple thousand years.

The Greek's were practicing pederasty long before Islam.

edit on 23-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join