It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tariffs on Solar Imports Proposed by the Biden Administration threaten the U.S. solar industry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well he already blew up the Oil & Gas Industry so now Solar. So wheres AOC and Greta? I know hes pushing electric vehicles but USA needs the natural resources. Among them Lithium and we have it. For the record I am still in USA Oil Refining as I still own 7200 shares of Marathon Oil that I acquired back in May 2020 at $6 / share when I bought 10,000 shares. I own nothing related to Solar but I was in Lithium as I bought and sold LAC and LTHM. I want to get back in by buying LTHM.

So I wanted to buy an offshore solar panel back in 2015 but USA banned same. It was manufactured in Australia. My guess is the recent move is to support the USA Billionaire owner of Solar Panel manufacturing in USA. Some guy named Musk who recently said he was becomming a Republican. Hmm, so are the tariffs to hurt him?

Possibly as its an ole Joe's signature move. Not to mention hes bought and paid for by the others. So here we go!

Save Our American Solar Jobs

We are working to stop the Department of Commerce from killing 230,000 solar jobs by setting punitive tariffs of up to 250% on components of solar panels imported to the United States, upending ten years of solar trade policy. The Department’s action will serve only to crush the U.S. solar industry, damage the economy by further increasing inflation and threaten efforts to transition to clean energy and tackle the climate crisis. Instead, we should be securing investments and tax incentives to expand domestic solar manufacturing while preserving imports to meet the overwhelming demand for solar energy in the U.S.

So is his state of mind a fake form of plausible deniability or senile? Or, is he a Jimmy Carter of the past as Jimmy almost single-handedly destroyed the USA back in the day.

You be the judge.
edit on 22-5-2022 by Waterglass because: who knows

edit on 22-5-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Curious to see if all the 'tariffs are good people' who I said 'tariffs are bad' to once upon a time will now think tariffs are bad.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

For me, it depends on whether or not this leads to many jobs manufacturing components for solar panels for the American people. Of course, the price will go up, but I've always been willing to pay more for anything that was fully made in the U.S.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, curious as I don't know his play on this. I can understand oil and gas but Solar? OK, so all parts inbound from China? So let USA ramp up then dump tariffs on same.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Agree we too

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Depending on how it is implemented, this may not be a bad thing.

I am a firm proponent of tariffing. Why subsidize slave labor in Asia?

We need to make ALL of our critical items (semiconductors, transformers, medicine, circuit boards, etc.) here in the US.

Why reward companies for outsourcing jobs and threating our national security for a bit of profit margin? Also, China makes companies share technology and has zero respect for patent laws.

Tariff the hell out of them. Bring it back to North America.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He seems to be following the "oops" MAGA road!

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We should tax all imports and do away with all taxes as the founding fathers intended.

That being said, can you at least acknowledge that there is a difference in intenions between both sets of tariffs. One to establish better trade deals (which should not exist, again tax the all) and these tariffs to punish one citizen for political purposes?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

" New tariffs on Solar Imports Proposed by the Biden Administration threaten the U.S. solar industry "

Oh Well , Looks like we are just going to have go Back to using Our Vast Amounts of Clean Burning Coal to Generate Electricity in Our Very Efficient Coal Power Plants AGAIN to Meet the High Demand that Green Cannot Provide on it's Own................

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The windmills are also hideous, ugly ass beauty destroying inefficient junk. Why cant the tap into a volcanic thermo vein to boil water into steam and electric.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If it were part of a coherent policy to make us energy independent, OK, but this feels like part of a coherent policy to put us back to grubbing dirt around a fire at night, and probably not even that because cutting down trees in the King's Wood will be illegal.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
That being said, can you at least acknowledge that there is a difference in intenions between both sets of tariffs. One to establish better trade deals (which should not exist, again tax the all) and these tariffs to punish one citizen for political purposes?

No, there's zero difference. Tariffs always have the same effect, the cost to the end user goes up and the end user is you.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

" The windmills are also hideous, "

Yeah well , Looks aren't Everything , just Look at Nancy Pelosi . They Do Kill a lot of Birds though , is that Ok ?
edit on 22-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I agree with you on the birds as they are so silent that they take many out. But when they are put out in the deep woods they blow up the land views. Fooking joke.

Also, Biden and Putin have pushed up the prices of gasoline such that Hydrogen is now a plausible replacement fuel. I worked for Air Products & Chemicals back in 1990 in Cryogenics we already had a working hydrogen car. That's over 32 years ago so I can just guess where that technology is as in Europe they already have hydrogen trains.

Regardless if what they spew the world will be saved from excess CO2.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
l
I saw a Homemade hydrogen Powered Truck on Youtube about 3 Years Ago . Nonpolluting , and Incredible Millage . Whatever Happened to Pursuing that Technology ?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

The windmills are also hideous, ugly ass beauty destroying inefficient junk. Why cant the tap into a volcanic thermo vein to boil water into steam and electric.

Not to mention it would take around 4000 5 megawatt windmills just to power NYC.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Senile

top topics

<<   2 >>

join