It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Push Requirement that Would-Be Gun Buyers First Get License from DOJ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
On this episode of the worlds biggest FASCISTS. Get ready to ask the DOJ if you can buy a firearm.

Sens. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) are joining with Booker to secure the Act, which would require Americans who wish to buy guns first get a license from the DOJ.

Seig Hiel!

FIRST IN HUDDLE: BOOKER INTRODUCES GUN LEGISLATION— Democrats have not leaned into gun control measures in the wake of the racist shooter’s deadly attack in Buffalo over the weekend, but Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is taking on the issue despite long legislative odds. Booker, along with Sens. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), is introducinglegislation today that would require people trying to get a firearm to get a license from the Department of Justice before they can buy or receive a gun. The DOJ license would require both a written firearm safety test and hands-on training, a criminal background check and submission of fingerprints and proof of identity.The license would only be available to people over 21 years of age, essentially raising the age of gun ownership to 21. “This is the moment to enact ambitious legislation - as a nation, we must rise to it, or we are fated to witness the deadly scenes of this past weekend and years past over again,” Booker said in a statement. Read the bill text.

From the same #'s that wouldn't even verify an election ballot.

I absolutely detest Democrats.

Asking the gestapo arm of the DNC if I can get a firearm.

Too effing rich.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

but if this passes, then criminals will never be able to get guns, if they have criminal history, they will be denied the right to buy a gun. Why this would solve everything. I mean, as long as criminals get their guns the same way I (as a law abiding citizen) might.

Wait, they don't get them that way? You say they buy them on the street from someone who stole them? Oh snap! that's a real conundrum. If that's really the case, then legislation like this would be idiotic and only hamper NON criminals.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So how does this stop criminals from just buying guns illegally and not going through that process?
Oh, wait, criminals aren't the target demographic for this legislation.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

that's a bingo.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If it passes ?

Don't be surprised if it does,and don't count on the Scotus to stop it.

They're already under the threat of death if they don't go along with the Ds.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

If "they" wanted to, gun crime could be stopped overnight. Instead of treating the gun criminals with kid gloves they should pass laws that state "if a person is convicted of using a firearm in the commission of a crime, no matter what the crime is, once convicted the convicted person is taken outside, kneeled down and shot in the back of the head until dead". Gun crime in my opinion, would cease.

A little more touchy would be the "gang-bangers" that use firearms regularly not caring who or what stray bullets hit. Police squads could be formed to shoot bangers on sight. I know that would probably make the gangs start shooting first at police, but sooner or later the law of diminishing returns would take effect and hopefully gang recruits would see that being a gang member isn't healthy.

Fight fire with fire...

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like it's time to go shopping.

Can't wait to see which of the Facist Left shows up to support this.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I guess this will raise the enlistment age to 21, which seems fair. If you're not old enough to buy alcohol you aren't old enough to join the military.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Wait. So let's turn the DOJ, which is already having a serious hard time doing its already designated job since its chasing white supremacists', ghost guns, and parents who yell at school board idiots at PTAs, into the DMV?

Great.
More infringement.
Insert Chris Matthew's thrill up my leg meme please.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They want me to get a license to buy a gun? But it doesn't matter for the ones that would be shooting at me illegally? Sounds a lot one sided there.

But I thought the liberals were into buying guns for protection now that crime is up.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yet asking for a photo ID to vote is infringement of rights…

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I’ve been saying the same thing for years.
Anyone committing a felony with a gun is executed..

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yeah. . . . umm, no.

Sorry.

No.

Thanks all the same, but no.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I already have license.

They are free to give up theirs and the ones that protect their worthless arses

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Indeed

Why do they want to make it more difficult for poor, marginalized people to obtain firearms!!

edit on 19-5-2022 by JinMI because: Spellink

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Doesn’t say 💩 about making your own 😬 an 80% is not a firearm it’s a chunk of aluminum

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I really don't understand how elected politicians can not seem to understand what "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means. Luckily my family has a firearm for every family member and enough ammo to supply us in any type of situation. These politicians are traitors to the constitution and should be treated as such.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

C'mon you guys! You know this is all showboating because there was a mass shooting last weekend. Democrats have to look like they're doing something about it. You also know it'll never pass.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I know people have different opinions and different lines in the sand.

This one is mine. Aside from the obvious problem of a weaponized DOJ there is the inherent incompetence of government. I have no doubt they will slow the access and even halt it for extended periods citing "stuff".

I have no intention of purchasing a gun in the foreseeable future, but this law is a hard no. I think most people will also have a line at registration, since it's merely a precursor to confiscation.

If they want to control gun violence they should stop using our money for foreign interests and start improving the lives of citizens. We hear every day about how evil our fellow Americans are while they rob us blind. It's indisputable that the past two years have done enormous harm to us as a country and the politicians, starting in 2016, have done very little to stop it. In many cases they encourage it.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sure thing Spartacus, my license starts with We the People, in order to form a more perfect union…and ends with marching tyrants into the sea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join