It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And...here comes the fuel shortages.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Gas stations in Washington state are resetting their price boards to accommodate double digits in preparation for fuel prices potentially reaching $10 a gallon, according to a report.
The move comes as several gas stations in the Evergreen State ran out of fuel, the Post Millennial reported.

First, baby formula shortages, now we MAY be looking at fuel shortages too. Right now, this seems to be a Washington state issue, but with the resetting of price boards and at least 10 stations out of fuel (except diesel), somebody seems to know something we don't. Of course, 76 denied that the change means prices are heading toward $10 a gallon and up.

We could take the easy route and call this a Putin shortage, but it could also be that the Biden administration is doing everything it possibly can to exacerbate the problem.

Last week, the Biden administration announced that it was canceling three oil and gas lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the coast of Alaska — removing millions of acres from possible drilling.
The Interior Department announced the decision last Wednesday night, citing a lack of industry interest in drilling off the Alaska coast and “conflicting court rulings” that have complicated drilling efforts in the Gulf of Mexico, where the bulk of US offshore drilling takes place.

So... we create more supply by repeatedly restricting it? And what about refineries? I have been told here at ATS the problem isn't the drop in production from near 13 million barrels a day in 2019 to just over 11 million barrels a day now, but that it lays in refining the product.

To me, it all sounds like a convoluted manipulation of the market.

Washington state gas stations run out of fuel, prep for $10 a gallon
Biden desperately needs more oil, so why is he canceling leases?

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
They told you this was coming.
They are on record with this plan to raise gas prices to get people to agree to their bizzaro climate shenanigans.
$8us per gallon was their estimate on tape.

To act like the left hasn’t planned this for at least a decade now is just silly.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Democrats getting even with anyone who voted Republican, and getting even with all Democrat voters who only voted one time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I love it.

really.

This is what the democrats voted for.

All 81 billion trillion of them in the bestest, free-est, fairest most awesome election since a colon polyp named Joe Biden was born!

I hope it hurts them worse than it hurts the rest of us.

I hope it makes their lives suck much harder than our lives.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They will keep upping the crisis ante till 2024, gas, baby formula, and mail-in ballots will be the last thing you will worry about.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I had read something a while ago about if tshtf and what to do in true survival.

Someone the other day was complaining that they couldn’t find sunflower seeds. My knee jerk reaction was to give them some of mine. In what I read it is very important not to give things away, even small things without something in return.
That goes against my nature, but that is part of survival. When I say things, it can also be the intangible like security, knowledge etc.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In what I read it is very important not to give things away, even small things without something in return.

In widespread survival situations bartering becomes that much more important.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I still believe dey terk yer election.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's hard to get lower income people to buy a electric car it will be alot easier when gas is 10$ a gallon

The green leap forward marches on no matter the cost

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Soaring inflation, baby formula shortages and now fuel shortages. And these are the people who are going to save the world from climate change.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This may be a stupid question, but if the prices stay high, even as oil had dropped here or there, yet the oil companies are again seeing record profits this quarter,I think one was 33 billion. Can't anything be done about that? That's not just greed or gouging? Sorry this is not my area of any kind of knowledge. I do understand that taxes are added to the gas to pay for the state road infrastructure and such as well.
edit on 19-5-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We will go to Gastown and bring back the Guzzaline! To Valhalla! Witness me!

Do not become addicted to water my friends. It will be your undoing!

WIIIIIIIITTNNISSS MEEEEEE

edit on 19-5-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: JAGStorm

In what I read it is very important not to give things away, even small things without something in return.

In widespread survival situations bartering becomes that much more important.

Ummm...and the skillsets to implement a steady barter supply...

YouSir

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

The problem there is it still takes diesel to get the parts to the factory and the car to the consumer. And then add in the inflated additional costs of producing electricity. Infrastructure to get the electricity to the consumer.

Electrical cars will be unaffordable too. Got a bicycle? You'll be walking soon.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: markovian

Got a bicycle? You'll be walking soon.

nypost.com...

Pete Buttjudge thinks riding bikes are the new thing.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Northern europe here.. Just had to fuel up my car.. just over 2.5e / Litre. I think its about double for what you are currently paying.

It looks like it will be 3e/Litre in five weeks.

Take that putin.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No mean Tweets comes with quite a price tag.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

My husband went to fuel up the other day. He told me the person in front of him paid over 1K for his fuel.
I'm assuming an 18 wheeler. We are going to see this reflected in prices real soon.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live south of the border and travel up to the States frequently. I've noticed how outrageous the prices have gotten on a lot of things up there, including gas.

Here we have a great burger joint. You can get a good burger and fries for $7US. All the fast food joints up in the states are almost double that price anymore. I love the Churiburger they have at this burger joint/sports bar I frequent on the beach. It has avocado, serrano, chicharron, bacon, and cheddar, plus all the fixings. Whoever came up with the idea of putting freshly made chicharron on the burger is pure genius. Gives even some of the best burger joints in the States I know a run for their money.

ETA:

I've also noticed an influx of Americans buying stuff at the Sam's Club here. It used to be the other way around. We'd be driving up to the states to get better deals at Costco or Sam's Club. Now it's the other way around. Crazy times.
edit on 19-5-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No mean Tweets comes with quite a price tag.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join