It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress PASSES $28 million in emergency funding for baby formula shortage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Congress PASSES $28 million in emergency funding for baby formula shortage as Republicans slam White House 'ineptitude' and parents tear into Biden for taking too long to invoke the Defense Production Act during the nationwide crisis

The House of Representatives on Wednesday night passed a bill to provide $28million in emergency funding to address the baby formula crisis after parents blasted President Joe Biden for taking too long to invoke the Defense Production Act.

Meanwhile, MTA unveils 'stunning' $30m STAIRCASE.

Democrats have such a great command of priorities, including their $40b to Ukraine.

Where would be without them?

Hang on, because we have such a bright future ahead of us.

Don't you feel warm and fuzzy now?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Are we going to mention that 192 Republicans voted against the bill?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
but but but PSaki told us that there was nothing they could do...C'mon man.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
More money laundering by Congress. The govt screws up everything it touches.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Too bad breast feeding isn't a thing. I mean I'm not a biologist and all but I kinda figured that's how it happened back in the day before packaged food.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

The House passed two bills. The first was a measure approved on a 414-9 vote that will allow low-income women to purchase more baby formula through the federal Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program.

The second, the Infant Formula Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2022, provides the funding as parents across America struggle to find supplies to feed their children and was passed on a 231-192 vote.

Their fates are uncertain in the Senate, but Democratic Majority Leader has said he will try and pass the bills by unanimous consent - even though it could be blocked by one Senator.

I expect formula to take a giant price increase, with government stepping in to make more people reliant on assistance to make ends meet. I'm also wondering what kind of sneaky azz chit they're going to tack onto this bill. All we ever hear is how nasty Republicans blocked a bill designed to help citizens, but never that the bills' add-ons are further degrading our way of life.
edit on 400000088America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Couldnt a mere executive order done this 3 weeks ago?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This should be a wake-up call for all women who are planning to have children in the future. Only 1-5% of pregnant women won't be able to breastfeed for medical reasons, a lot of formula feeding is done for convenience, not judging, just telling it like it is.

Don't rely on the gubmint to feed your children.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Too bad breast feeding isn't a thing. I mean I'm not a biologist and all but I kinda figured that's how it happened back in the day before packaged food.

it was tone deaf when Bette said it. But it sounds much better from you.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Agree,
Now that we have lactating men...moob milk should be more plentiful than ever.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
it was tone deaf when Bette said it. But it sounds much better from you.

www.yahoo.com...

People are always going to post the exceptions to the rule. If the non-exceptions stopped using formula there'd be plenty left for the woman who need it.

edit on 19-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My signature agrees.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I've been doing lactating exercises for a week now. All I have to show for it is sore moobs, but I'm not giving up. They say it's easy and we should all do it. (And if a dude can get pregnant, he can certainly breastfeed.)

link   

You do understand that many women can't breastfeed for various reasons, like a failure to properly lactate, or a failure of the infant to properly latch, or the mother being on medication, etc... But f'em, huh?

Back in the day, those women and children were screwed.

link   

My signature agrees.

DB could nurse the entire southern border.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
You do understand that many women can't breastfeed for various reasons, like a failure to properly lactate, or a failure of the infant to properly latch, or the mother being on medication, etc... But f'em, huh?

See above. The majority of women using formula aren't using it because they can't breastfeed.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

See above. The majority of women using formula aren't using it because they can't breastfeed.

is that like a majority of women who get abortions, do so for convenience rather than medical necessity?
this is all starting to make more sense.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

is that like a majority of women who get abortions, do so for convenience rather than medical necessity?

I never said they didn't.

However a scarcity issue created by the desire to be availed of modern convenience is just that and has nothing to do with abortion.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I never said they didn't.

However a scarcity issue created by the desire to be availed of modern convenience is just that and has nothing to do with abortion.

I'm just trying to understand it all, not claiming you said anything other than what you say.
I'm still trying to lactate. Not giving up.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I've been doing lactating exercises for a week now. All I have to show for it is sore moobs, but I'm not giving up. They say it's easy and we should all do it. (And if a dude can get pregnant, he can certainly breastfeed.)

This is where nipple clamps come in handy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join