It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of Ru forces destroying M777 howitzers with drone and artillery strikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The Russian military has destroyed a number of M777 155 mm towed howitzers recently delivered to Kyiv forces in a coordinated attack.

The howitzers, which were deployed near the settlement of Podgornoe, were uncovered by a drone, which immediately targeted them. The initial strike damaged two howitzers.

After the drone strike, the howitzers were moved into a nearby wooded area. An artillery strike hit the area, destroying the howitzers and their support equipment. Footage of the coordinated attack was released by the Russian Ministry of Defense on May 18.

In the last few weeks, Kyiv forces received a total of 100 M777 howitzers, 90 of which were donated by the US, four by Canada, and six by Australia. As of May 17, more than 130,000 155 mm shells for the howitzers have been shipped to Ukraine.

southfront.org...

It looks like they were setting up to fire when they were hit. If they had known the initial strike was from a drone I doubt they would have tried to hide in a wooded area and just kept driving till they reached an area that could provide air cover.
A bit surprising to me that they didn't operate with mobile air cover but maybe they didn't have any to spare.
edit on 18-5-2022 by Grimpachi because: Added link

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
American tax payers dollars....

Working as intended....

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Am I missing something? The Russkis clearly are.

All I see is a miss in the first strike in the open (maybe a little shrapnel damage to soft targets in the area) and a whole lotta poorly-targeted, half-hearted arty in the woods?

Stormtroopers hit a greater percentage of targets. Pew Pew.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
At least the US won't have to worry about hauling those things around if China decides to invade. With the high cost of fuel and trucking this is the best way to recycle them for the benefit of our green new economy.
Our tax dollars would have been better used just by cutting the check directly to the Columbian cartels for a lifetime supply of coke for Zelenskyy so that he could just bury his whole head into a bag.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

So, are you saying that with a drone hovering over the area where UA forces are hiding with howitzers they just shot a few artillery rounds in that area and called it a day?

I can address reasonable positions and questions but I don't deal in the absurd.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
American tax payers dollars....

Working as intended....

Stay Safe

Riouz

Sending the Ukrainians the old vehicles and weapons..

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

All I see is a miss in the first strike in the open (maybe a little shrapnel damage to soft targets in the area) and a whole lotta poorly-targeted, half-hearted arty in the woods?

My guess is that the targets were attacked for longer time than the length of that video.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

You don't need a direct hit with munitions like these to cause casualties. Just hand grenades can have a kill radius up to 20 meters. Now imagine the kill radius of these bombs.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

You don't need a direct hit with munitions like these to cause casualties. Just hand grenades can have a kill radius up to 20 meters. Now imagine the kill radius of these bombs.

No need to imagine. They provided video.

The OP used the video to say multiple M777s were destroyed. It doesn't really show that.

Maybe the video is not complete, but that doesn't help the OP's "proof."

Also, I see no secondary explosions as would be indicative of munitions cooking off. Again, maybe the video just doesn't show it, but, then, it's not really proof of multiple towed howitzers being destroyed is it?

ETA:
Sorry misread the end of your post. I thought you were referencing secondaries (as in some of the stored munitions for the howitzers sympathetically detonated as a result of the artillery strike.

Still. I have some experience with "munitions like these." Sure overpressure and shrapnel will cause some damage (maybe even catastrophic damage) but without more information than what is shown in the video, you can't say for sure.

I guess it depends on the type of round used as well. A DU round is gonna do something completely different than an AP round exploded as shown in the video.
edit on 18/5/22 by 35Foxtrot because: Mis-read part of your post

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

My guess is that the targets were attacked for longer time than the length of that video.

Maybe.

But then the OP's "proof," isn't the proof it is claimed to be.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So, are you saying that with a drone hovering over the area where UA forces are hiding with howitzers they just shot a few artillery rounds in that area and called it a day?

I can address reasonable positions and questions but I don't deal in the absurd.

Nope. Not at all.

I'm saying that your proof (the video) isn't showing what you think or claim.

I don't know what the Russians did or didn't do during any time the video fails to document. Neither do you.

I've viewed and done reports on videos similar to these. You can't say that the video shows what you claim they do.

Well, you can say anything you want, but that doesn't make it true or accurate.

Look, there's enough BS and conspiracy stuff as relates to this made up crisis. We don't need to manufacture false crap.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Some of us are capable of reading between the lines and reaching our own conclusions.

A few of those Kamov gunships could destroy those guns, trees or no trees.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

We don't need to see everything to draw logical conclusions.

One would be they were destroyed as reported.
Two would be that Ru forces move in with IFVs and captured the remaining soldiers and equipment. Then reported them destroyed because they now possessed US technology.

I am open to any other logical conclusions

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Some of us are capable of reading between the lines and reaching our own conclusions.

A few of those Kamov gunships could destroy those guns, trees or no trees.

I choose not to read between the lines, but base any claims on what I (or others) can prove.

Nothing wrong with reading between the lines, but I wouldn't base any AAR on "reading between the lines." That gets people dead.

And, do you see gunships? Alligators or otherwise? I didn't. And, I'm not sure Russia wants to risk any sizeable number of these. They've already lost more than they thought they would.

Again, maybe they showed up to the party. Maybe they didn't. Maybe they survived surface to air defenses. Maybe they didn't. You can't base any good, actionable intel on guesses or maybes.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I say again, the video for the OP was what, 2 minutes long? Does that factor into your analysis?

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I recon I counted at most 20 seconds of fire, thinking there might have been a bit more than 20:seconds of artillery fire

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

We don't need to see everything to draw logical conclusions.

One would be they were destroyed as reported.
Two would be that Ru forces move in with IFVs and captured the remaining soldiers and equipment. Then reported them destroyed because they now possessed US technology.

I am open to any other logical conclusions

You don't need to see everything but you need to see enough to make those logical conclusions. Your videos don't show enough.

Also, this video comes from the Russians themselves. Give me a "logical" reason why - if they did destroy them outright, capture them or whatever - they would not SHOW that video too. It doesn't pass the smell test. Logic and all...

And, sorry to rain on your parade, but howitzers - advanced or otherwise, US made or otherwise - are hardly game changing technology. I'm sure the Russians and a lot of others have access to these and even better toys thanks to our withdrawal from Afghanistan.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I say again, the video for the OP was what, 2 minutes long? Does that factor into your analysis?

Yes. As I've stated.

Has the fact that it comes from the Russians themselves, yet fails to show what they claim factored into yours?

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Over many years, including MH 17 in 2014, the Russian Government has been much more honest and accurate than anything put out by the US federal government. That doesn't make me happy or proud, very much the opposite.

As we learned from the Pentagon Papers and more, what emits from the Pentagon is more often "a purposeful witholding and distortion of facts."

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Over many years, including MH 17 in 2014, the Russian Government has been much more honest and accurate than anything put out by the US federal government. That doesn't make me happy or proud, very much the opposite.

As we learned from the Pentagon Papers and more, what emits from the Pentagon is more often "a purposeful witholding and distortion of facts."

Don't know that I'd say they've been much more honest, but OK, I won't argue the point that the US government lies.

But, how exactly does that prove or disprove what we're talking about?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join