It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
• "Their speed was amazing, my pilots estimated it between fifteen hundred and two thousand miles an hour."
U.S. Naval Secretary Dan Kimball - UFO incident over Pacific ocean (Guam to Hawaii) involving Admiral Arthur Radford, Naval Secretary Dan Kimball and two 'disc shaped' objects, March, 1952.
Thread / Video: 9:30
• "It had a bun on top and a bun underneath."
RAF Flight Lieutenant James R. Salandin describes object witnessed from his Meteor jet over North Weald, Essex - October 14th, 1954.
Link / Video: 24:30
• "I got the fright of my life because there appeared to be, smack in front of the aeroplane, three circular objects. Two of them were on a level keel and one of them was canted at a slight angle..They were circular and appeared to be stationary. But as we continued to climb they did in fact change position and to make sure of that we very carefully checked and these things moved across to the right-hand side somewhere. The higher we got, the more they lost this circular effect which appeared when looking at them from underneath. As they came down to your level they lost the circular effect and took on a 'flat plate' appearance.. I remember being told on landing that I looked fairly shaken, almost as if I had seen a ghost."
RAF Air Commodore Michael Swiney O.B.E. - radar/visual objects over Little Rissington, October 21st, 1952.
Link / Video
• "They had opaque grey fuselages and a sort of windshield, but without rivets and completely smooth.. What I would like to make clear is that my personal and professional reputation is safe thanks to the testimony of air traffic controllers. They had the three objects on their screens, making 270-degree turns in a very tight radius of action."
Pilot Carlos Antonio de los Santos Montiel describes three radar confirmed 'disc shaped' objects which flew alonside his aircraft over Lake Tequesquitengo, Mexico, May 3rd, 1975.
Link / Video
• "We've got no conclusions, except after this, do not give us the old routine of Venus, weather balloons, aircraft and the like which has been given as a general panacea for almost every case of UFOs."
Captain Jose Lemos Ferreira (later to become Joint Chief of Staff of Portuguese Armed Forces), UFO also witnessed by Sergeants Alberto Covas, Salvador Oliviera and Manuel Marcilino - flight out of Ota Air Base, Portugal, 1957.
• "I was sitting with my mouth open, I just couldn't believe what was happening, it closed in on us with a tremendous rate of speed.. It maintained a hovering position there for roughly a minute, a minute and a half and I must say it seemed like an eternity.. And then it just went straight up, straight up."
Canadian Pacific Airlines Pilot describes UFO encounter to Dr. J. Allen Hynek - flight from Tokyo to Vancouver, June, 1969.
• "Well, you know it had to have been a UFO. You know, we had nothing that could do the kind of speed that it had back then and to be able to change directions, I mean, flying with the plane and changing directions.. it was phenomenal."
USAF Staff Sergeant Richard Clark describes the radar/visual Minot AFB B-52 UFO incident - October 24th, 1968.
Site / Video
• "It stayed right there off my left wing - no matter what I did."
Pilot Arthur Godfrey, object also witnessed by co-pilot Frank Munciello - flight from New York to Washington.
Audio / PDF / Video: 2:15
• "It was a large, round, silver metal object with six jet black portholes equally spaced around the circumference, which descended into the atmosphere from above.. We have nothing that can do what that object did."
Captain Phil Schultz, TWA flight 842 pilot over Lake Michigan, 1981.
Link / Video: 11:05
• "Its surface was shiny, like tin foil, without a single crease or crinkle."
RAF Flt Sgt Roland Hughes describes a 'silver, metallic disc' encountered on a training mission over West Germany, 1952 - papers released from the Churchill Archive, Cambridge University.
• "The object appeared to be circular, with a diameter of approximately 100 feet..The bottom side appeared to have 9 to 12 symmetrical oval or circular portholes located in a circle approximately 3/4 of the distance from the center to the outer edge. Through these portholes came a soft purple light about the shade of aircraft line without spinning."
DC-3 pilots Capt. Jack Adams and First Officer G. W. Anderson, Jr., Stuttgart, Arkansas, March 20th, 1950 (USAF Battelle Institute Study).
• "It was like looking at a piece of the sun. It was faster than anything I've ever seen. It may have been one very large object with brilliant center lights and surrounding lights of lesser magnitude, or separate objects. The smaller lights were either part of the mysterious object or this was an example of darn good formation flying."
Captain George Wilson - object(s) reported to hurtle toward his airliner then suddenly make an abrupt right turn and disappear to the south - nine hundred miles northeast of Honolulu, July 11th, 1959.
• "I saw a blue flash shoot past our airplane, more like something the size of the moon or smaller, it caught up with us. We flew at 800, 900 KM per hour but this went two, three times as fast. You could say it was a fighter jet or the exhaust but this object instantly stopped. I cannot say how big it was in reality, distances are hard to estimate in the air. It flew a bit higher than us, but the most bizarre thing is that it rushed by and came to a dead stop. It stood still for a few seconds then moved from the right to the left, stood still again for a few seconds and then it shot off on our left to the back. We were both flabbergasted literally - and speechless. So I decided to talk on the inter-pilot radio frequency and asked 'did anybody see that blue light?', I received an immediate response 'yes, yes I saw that, what was that?'. While I say this I am feeling the shivers because I am reliving it so to speak - I am not crazy and for me it was unexplainable."
KLM Pilot Captain Mark Juch.
• "The object was oval shaped and very bright, yellow in its centre with an indistinct flame orange boundary.. The magnetic compass was spinning so fast that I couldn't read the number."
Piper Arrow PA-28 Pilot, Lower Saxony, Germany, August 13th, 1976.
• “The object looked like two reversed saucers pressed against each other, with a precise contour, a gray metal color on the top and dark blue below, with no lights or port-holes.”
Air Force Captain Jean-Pierre Fartek, witnessed low level UFO in field - Dijon, France, December 9th, 1979.
Link: 1 / 2
• "About a minute into the descent whatever it was moved extremely quickly, I mean within a second and a half, from being three miles off our starboard wing around onto our nose. I turned around away from it and the damn thing followed us, still paralleling us, so it must have accelerated because it was on the outside of the turn."
Pilot Peter Maher describes 1970's radar/visual UFO incident whilst flying NAC Fokker 27 Airplane from Tauranga to Auckland.
• "Based on my experience in fighter tactics, it is my opinion that the object was controlled by something having visual contact with us. The power and acceleration were beyond the capability of any known U. S. aircraft."
F-94 pilot Lieutenant Burt Deane, Air Intelligence Report - Hempstead, Long Island, October 29th, 1953.
• "The upper section, partially concealed by cloud, was black and on the lower section there appeared to be four or five panels."
Portuguese Air Force Sergeant José Fransisco Rodrigues describes object encountered flying above Castelo de Bode Dam, Portugal, June 17th, 1977 (power outage of aircraft and dam).
Link / Video
• "As I drew nearer I could see that the object had no wings nor tail nor any other exterior control surfaces protruding from what appeared to be the fuselage. It seemed to be hovering with a little rocking motion. As it rocked up away from me, I could see that it was a disc shaped object. I would guess the diameter at about 50 to 55 feet, the thickness in the middle at about 8 to 10 feet. It had the appearance of sand-blasted aluminum. I could see no windows or doors or any other openings, nor could I see any landing gear doors, protruding, nor showing.. It rose abruptly about 1000 feet above me as I closed in, giving me an excellent view of the underneath side, which was exactly like the upper side as far as I could tell."
Pilot Waldo J. Harris - Salt Lake City, Utah Airport, October 2nd, 1961.
Link / Video
• "This speck suddenly grew extremely quickly until we saw this huge shadow go over the top of us but the most amazing thing about it was there was no noise and absolutely no movement or turbulence at all. We looked at each other, saying, 'What the hell was that'? Several pilots have seen UFOs in England, so it didn't surprise me, but I was surprised that we actually got a picture of it."
Pilot David Hastings, object also witnessed by co-pilot David Paterson - Mojave Desert, September 9th, 1985.
• "It was 20 to 30 feet long and looked like a rifle bullet."
F-61 pilot describes radar confirmed object over Japan - October 15th, 1948.
• "It was a bullet shape, rounded at the front that widened out and tapered to a point at the end. Around the main body, the centre of it, there was a ring that was spinning."
Flight instructor Shannon Davis describes UFO over California, November 5th, 1980.
• "It was as clear as seeing a Cadillac drifting by at 100 yards.. The overall configuration was discoidal; the base was bright red, and the dome was glistening white."
Pilot William C. Powell, object also witnessed by passenger Muriel McClave - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, May 21st, 1966.
Link / PDF
• "On the 24th of August I was flying an F-84 at 35,000 feet, en route to Turner Air Force Base, in Georgia. At 10:15, Mountain Standard Time, I sighted two round silvery objects flying abreast over Hermanas, New Mexico. One made a right turn, in front of my F-84. Both objects disappeared at very high speed, then reappeared over El Paso, Texas. I saw one climb straight up, two or three thousand feet. Then the second one came across in front of me and joined the other in close formation. In a few minutes they both vanished. From their maneuvers and their terrific speed, I am certain their flight performance was greater than any aircraft known today."
USAF Colonel Carl Sanderson.
• "I decided to climb at full thrust to get above the object, but it began to ascend almost parallel to my plane, and when I reached 63,000 ft., it stopped. At this point, I came to within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enameled, cream-colored dome, with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts, no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft components, with no visible propulsion system. It was at that moment that I realized this it was not a spying device, but that it was a UFO, something totally unknown."
Peruvian Air Force Sukhoi S-22 Jet Pilot Commander Oscar Santa Maria Huertas describes UFO encounter over La Joya Military Base, Arequipa, Peru, April 11th, 1980.
Thread / Video
• "The Meteor, meanwhile, turned towards Dishforth and the object, while continuing its descent, appeared to follow suit. After a further few seconds, the object stopped its pendulous motion and its descent, and began to rotate on its own axis. Suddenly it accelerated at an incredible speed towards the west turning onto a south easterly heading before disappearing. All this occurred in a matter of fifteen to twenty seconds. The acceleration was in excess of that of a shooting star. I have never seen such a phenomenon before. The movements of the object were not identifiable with anything I have seen in the air and the rate of acceleration was unbelievable."
RAF Flight Lieutenant John Kilburn of 269 Squadron, September 19th, 1952.
Link / Document
• "All of a sudden I was able to make out the complete form of a saucer shape or round object.. I could see the dome, also very vividly clear, including all the windows, I observed it to be of a very bright metal - it was more of a nickel or highly polished chrome or stainless steel type of metal than aluminum because it had more of a mellow glow than if it was of the type finish on a high finish aluminum."
Pilot Floyd P. Hallstrom, Navy combat air crewman (Ret.) - Santa Monica, California, January 1st, 1978.
• "The UFOs appeared, from the ground, to be round in shape and metallic in color. The objects approached the aircraft from the northeast at a speed about three or four times that of the aircraft.. Some of the air crew members reported seeing a pale band of red color about halfway between the top and the edge of the object."
Major Rudy Pestalozzi, USAF Base Intelligence Officer - object also witnessed by B-36 Bomber crew. Davis Montham Air Force base, May 1st, 1952.
Thread / Document
• "I found myself astounded but curious, but at 12 miles distance these objects were becoming uncomfortably large, and I was glad to descend and land the aircraft. Many of my passengers saw the objects as did the pilots of another aircraft, 25 miles further south."
Captain Ray Bowyer describes two stationary, cigar-shaped objects emitting a brilliant yellow light (also witnessed by passengers) - flight from England to the Channel Islands, April 23rd, 2007.
• "I looked up in time to see a dark object pass down the right hand side of the aircraft at high speed, it was wedge-shaped with what could have been a black stripe down the side."
Captain Roger Wills and co-pilot Mark Stuart on descent towards Manchester Airport (pilot ducked in his seat) January 6th, 1995.
• “Suddenly, it shot past our left wing not more than twenty or thirty feet off my wingtip. I got an unobstructed view of it. It was football-shaped but wasn’t sharp at the points. It was about three feet long and a foot and a half to two feet thick.”
Pilot flight instructor Lloyd List, object also witnessed by Dr. John Ferguson Clark - Red Bluff, California, September, 1980 (Bob Pratt Archives).
• "During close approaches, the Cessna instruments went crazy.. The ADF was moving around indiscriminately, without any sense of direction. When the light moved a little farther away, everything returned to normal. It repeated this game several times. It seemed to be under intelligent control."
Pilot César Escobar, Paraguay, June 8th, 1991.
Link: Page 8
• "It was a round mass that glowed a dull red like hot steel. It picked up speed 300 to 400 miles an hour and ran out of sight right over South Bend. I used to laugh at all those flying saucer reports but it's no laughing matter now."
Captain Robert Adickes,
object also witnessed by co-pilot and passengers.
• "We all looked to the left at that time and there was this very bright, very brilliant lighted object off to the left of the aircraft.. it did disrupt all three compasses on the aircraft and this was what the concern was."
DC10 Pilot Captain Neil Daniels.
• "From the time we were off the ground at Albany, until we - it's about 15 miles by air to Schenectady and it was off our wingtip, and we watched it go through a ninety degree arc, go right straight to the west."
American Airlines Capt. Raymond Ryan, object also witnessed by First Officer William Neff - April 8th, 1956.
• "At various times the object had been very close to me and I was able to verify that it was round with two halves shaped like two tight-fitting skullcaps. I carefully looked at the lower one, which seemed to be somewhere between red and brown with a hole or dark spot in the center. The center band looked like it had some kind of a grid, and possibly a few lights, but it was hard to tell since the sun was so bright and was reflected."
Captain Júlio Miguel Guerra, Flight instructor for the Portuguese Air Force in 1982. CNIFO Case Report.
Link / Thread
• "I saw several bright lights. I was at my maximum speed, but even then I had no closing speed.. Later I chased a single bright light which I estimated about ten miles away. I lost visual contact with it at about two miles."
F-94 Pilot Lieutenant William Patterson over Washington DC, July 23rd, 1952.
Link: 1 / 2
• "On radar I got to do four interceptions and radar contact with all, but I could not see anything at any time, just on the radar. And what impressed me was taken by the target acceleration from a certain moment. Accelerated rapidly until he desacoplasse the radar and I believe around MACH 15, more or less, because it was very fast acceleration. now I was 1.2, 1.3 times the speed of sound and the object reached a speed much higher than I was."
Captain Armindo de Sousa Viriato, Brazil, May 20th, 1986.
Video / Thread
• "The UFO never levelled off. It just continued to climb. Aircraft always show movement in relation to the stars but as this light moved higher it seemed to become stabilized with the stars. In other words it appeared to move right out into space."
Captain Darryl Clark, Capt. 329th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (FIS), Edwards Air Force Base, California, October 7th, 1965.
Link / PDF
• "There was something definite in the sky.. If it had proved to be hostile we would have destroyed it."
Major Gerald Smith, USAF. One of the F-106 pilots scrambled under orders from NORAD to investigate a UFO over West Palm Beach, Florida, September 14th, 1972. The UFO was viewed through binoculars by the FAA supervisor George Morales, sighted by an Eastern Airlines captain, police and several civilians, as well as being tracked on radar by Miami International Airport and Homestead AFB.
•"I am convinced there was thought behind the thing's manoeuvres."
F51 pilot Lieutenant George Gorman after being in a 30 minute 'dogfight' with a UFO in 1948.
• "At the moment when I started the last descent, I suddenly saw a white light which came directly on us at full speed in front of me, before instantly stopping at a hundred meters. When I started again the manoeuvers, the object made an odd turn to accompany our descent turn and to pace us at a hundred meters of us. After a while, the saucer, the size of an airliner, changed color, two green lights appearing at the ends with an orange gleam in the center which ignited intermittently."
Flight Captain Jorge Polanco - object also witnessed by passengers (power outage at airport).
Link / Video
• "We're listening to the Command Post tell the cell formation leader 'listen, the UFO is over the base again right now'."
U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker pilot Michael Wallace discussing UFO incident over Loring Air Force Base, Maine, 1975.
Video / Thread
• "I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe 9 or 10 o'clock at night. We were near Bakersfield, California when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind my plane. It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate, then it appeared to elongate. Then the light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle-at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised. Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn't know what it was.. The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly - If you give an airplane power it will accelerate, but not like a hot rod, and that's what this was like."
USAF Colonel Bill Paynter (Ret.) - pilot of Ronald Reagan's Cessna Citation jet plane.
• "I had the impression of a shape and an important mass behind us, much larger than my Mirage. When we landed at Luxeuil, we were shaken."
Colonel René Giraud, French Air Force - Chaumont, France, March 7th, 1977.
•"The object we saw dived at us on a collision course to the extent that I actually called out to my passengers that the object was going to ram us. After the object came at us it reversed course and climbed rapidly into a clear night sky."
Pilot Ernest Stadvec - July, 1961.
• "I looked out ahead of the helicopter and observed an aircraft I have never seen before. This craft positioned itself directly in front of the moving helicopter. This craft was 50 to 60 feet long with a grey metallic structure. On the front of this craft was a large steady bright red light. I could delineate where the red stopped on the structure of this craft because red was reflecting off the grey structure. The design of this craft was symmetrical in shape with a prominent aft indentation on the undercarriage. From this portion of the undercarriage, a green light, pyramid-shaped, emerged with the light initially in the trail position. This green light then swung 90 degrees, coming directly into the front windshield and lighting up the entire cockpit of the aircraft. All colors inside the cabin of the helicopter were absorbed by this green light. That includes the instrument panel lights on the aircraft. As a result of my experience, I am convinced this object was real and that these types of incidents should require a thorough investigation."
Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence J. Coyne describes UFO witnessed with three other airmen over Mansfield, Ohio, October 18th, 1973.
Link / Video
• "There were bright objects hanging over the sea. The closest object was luminous, round and four to five times larger than a Whirlwind helicopter.
The objects separated. Then one went west of the other, as it manoeuvred it changed shape to become body-shaped with projections like arms and legs."
RAF Flight Lt A.M. Wood, RAF Boulmer, Northumberland - object confirmed on radar and witnessed by two RAF personnel (British MOD document so sensitive that 'an extra three years added to its 25 year release date').
• "A mysterious elliptical luminous object appeared just after I had passed Himeji. I was flying at the time at an altitude of about 2,000 metres. The object followed for a while, and then stopped for about three minutes, and then followed along my left wing across the Inland Sea for a distance of about 90 kilometres until we reached Matsuyama on Shikoku Island. It then disappeared."
Yoshiaka Inaba, TOA Airlines pilot over the Leshima Islands in the Seto Inland Sea, Japan - March, 1965 (Tokyo Japan Times / UPI Agency release originating from Hiroshima).
• "The sighting was definitely of some flying object unlike anything then or even presently known."
Cmdr. M. B. Taylor, USNR (Ret.), former Navy pilot and guided missile expert under Rear Adm. Delmer S. Fahrney - July 3rd, 1949.
Link / PDF
• "Just after this exchange, the object began to maneuver. It darted hither and yon, rising and falling in undulating flight, making sharper turns than any known aircraft, sometimes changing direction 90 degrees in an instant. All the while the color remained constant, a brilliant blue-white, and the object did not grow or lessen in size. Macintosh and I sat there completely flabbergasted at this unnerving exhibition. I thought of calling the passengers over the public address system, but the object was dead ahead of us and putting on its performance in an area whose arc was not large enough to enable anybody in the cabin to get a view of it out the side windows. After a half minute or so of this dancing, unorthodox flight the object suddenly became motionless and hovered dead still. We were simply confounded by this."
Capital Airlines Pilot Captain W. J. Hull, object also witnessed by Co-Pilot Macintosh - Alabama, 1956.
Link / PDF
• "Off my wing. a little below us, in the direction of Cologne, I saw four or five objects that looked like silvery footballs. They didn't seem to be moving. but they must have been, for they stayed even with us."
Photo Reconnaissance Pilot Joe Thompson Jr. - WWII mission over the Rhine Valley, Germany.
Link / PDF / Reports: Video 1 / 2
• "I noticed an object coming toward us from the direction of Youngstown to the southeast, I swung over to get a closer look when the object headed directly toward our airplane. It stopped and hung motionless in the air momentarily, and as our aircraft came closer, it moved swiftly upward and came back at us from another angle. It appeared metallic and had a light beaming from its underside, it was from six to ten feet in diameter and from 16 to 20 feet tall. It suddenly sped in an easterly direction at amazing speed and was quickly out of sight."
Cessna 172 Skyhawk Pilot Richard Montgomery - Warren, Ohio, July 8th, 1968.
• "Suggestions that the three objects were balloons, stars or satellites, strange clouds or reflections are quite unacceptable to us. As I looked to the west we saw this very bright headlamp in the sky. All the cabin staff saw it too and I told the passengers. Then it was joined by two cigar-shaped objects as big and solid as battleships."
British Airways Captain Dennis Wood, Portugal, July 30th, 1976.
Link / Video
• "I set my course and walked back aft and Dr Mosier was sitting back there and he was a Commander in the Navy at the time and I asked him, 'Doc did you see what we saw?' and he said 'Yes, it was a flying saucer - I didn't look at it because I don't believe in such things'."
Naval Pilot Lieutenant Graham Bethune, object also witnessed by Co-Pilot Lt. Fred W. Kingdon - Flight 125 from Keflavik, February 10th, 1951.
Link / Video
• "It definitely had no wings. It was brown, appeared to be round and had a number of projections, looking rather like some kind of radio antennae, on its surface. I have never seen anything like it before."
Captain Gordon Pendleton, object also witnessed by First Officer J.P. Murphy - Irish Times, Reuters News Agency, May 22nd, 1962.
Link / Video
• "I approached the object, which was flashing with intense red, green, orange and blue light so bright that I was not able to see its body. The sequence of flashes was extremely fast, like a strobe light. We locked on it with radar; it was at 30° left, at a range of 25 miles. The size on the radar scope was comparable to that of a 707 tanker."
General Parviz Jafari (Ret.), Tehran, Iran, September, 1976.
Video / Thread
• "The object was humongous, whatever it was.. I don't know if it was a biblical experience or somebody from a different universe or whatever but it was definitely not from around these parts."
Private Pilot Steve Allen, Stephenville, Texas, January 8th, 2008.
Interview: 7:30 / Thread
• "Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday. Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees.. our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees.. our VORs got lost off frequency.. Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”
Pilot Jose Pagan Santos (last words of) - Puerto Rico, June 28th, 1980.
• "In concealing the evidence of UFO operations, the Air Force is making a serious mistake."
USAF Lieutenant Colonel James McAshan.
• "Now all pilots today by law in the civil aviation regulation are required to report any observation that may come under the heading of unidentified flying object. It seems strange in some way that the government position frequently appears to be to obtain this information and then through government policy (or whatever motivates the government position) to try and immediately ridicule the experiences of these people."
USAF Lieutenant Colonel J. B. Hartranft, Jr. (Ret.), Pilot and President of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) - Press Conference, March 28th, 1966.
• "There is a publication called JANAP 146E that had a section that says you will not reveal any information regarding the UFO phenomenon under penalty of $10,000 fine and ten years in jail. I never reported anything to FAA or the military. A lot of pilots just did not want to get involved in this because of peer pressure and ridicule. So the secret has been kept."
US Navy Pilot Lieutenant Frederick M. Fox.
• "We've seen something, I've seen something, hundreds of pilots have seen something in the skies - we have dutifully reported these things and we have to have 15 million witnesses before anybody is going to look into the problem seriously? Why this is utterly fantastic, this is more fantastic than flying saucers or people from Venus or anything as far as I'm concerned."
Pilot Kenneth Arnold.
Video / E-Book
• "I was on a mission from Ceylon, bombing Palembang, Sumatra. The date was August 10, 1944..
the right gunner and my co-pilot reported a strange object pacing us about 500 yards off the starboard wing. At that distance it appeared as a spherical object, probably 5 or 6 feet in diameter, of a very bright and intense red or orange in color. It seemed to have a halo effect. My gunner reported it coming in from about five o'clock position at our level. It seemed to throb or vibrate constantly. Assuming it was some kind of radio controlled object sent to pace us, I went into evasive action, changing direction constantly as much as 90 degrees and altitude about 2000 feet. It followed our every maneuver for about 8 minutes, always holding a position of about 500 yards out and about 2 o'clock in relation to the plane. When it left, it made an abrupt 90 degree turn, up and accelerating rapidly; it disappeared in the overcast."
USAF Captain Alvah M. Reida, Airplane Commander on B-26's, B-24's and B-29's.
• "I was making a scheduled flight from Langley Field, Virginia to MacDill Field, Tampa, Florida. At approximately 6 p.m. while flying a C -47 at 4000 feel northeast of Tampa I observed what I thought to be a shooting star to the southeast over the Atlantic Ocean. My copilot, Lt. Henry F. Glass and my engineer both observed this object at the same time. This object continued toward us on a collision course at our exact altitude. At about 1000 yards it veered to cross our path. We observed it to be a long, cylindrical shape approximately twice the size of a B-29, with luminous portholes."
USAF Captain Jack Puckett, Flying Safety Officer, Tactical Air Command, 300th Base Unit, Langley Field, August 1st, 1946.
• "I chased the light up and down and around for about 10 minutes, then as a last resort I made a pass and turned on my landing lights. Just before the object made a final tight turn and headed for the coast I saw that it was a dark gray oval-shaped object, smaller than my T-6."
USAF Lt. Henry G. Combs describes a UFO which took 'violent evasive action' over Andrews AFB on November 18th, 1948.
• "We didn't say anything. We figured nobody would believe us."
• "Upon return to my domicile, JFK, I reported our sighting to the proper authorities. I was shortly visited by two federal investigators who evidently thought I was hallucinating for one of them stated he had seen spaceships while fishing in Great South Bay and was quite obviously trying to prove that I was a loony."
Captain, Pan Am (Ret.)
• "It must have been Huge! We were all due back at JFK about the same time two days later so I waited in the crew ready room to talk to them. None of them wanted to talk! They were afraid management would take them off of flying status and have them tested for booze and drugs. The story never came out!"
Flight Engineer, TWA (Ret.)
• "A group of lights in the air appeared at our 12o'clock position. I called departure control and asked them if they had any traffic in that area. When they came back and said NO, what do you see, I said no, just checking. For at that time when a pilot reported seeing a UFO he was in a lot of trouble."
Captain, Ozark Airlines (Ret.)
• "I, and Flight crew saw something (in broad daylight) that did things that no known aircraft could do without killing any living thing inside. I will only give sketchy details to protect the privacy of the rest of the crew. If you are interested, and all information (is) kept anonymous, contact me. I will not present myself for public ridicule."
Captain, NW (Ret.)
• "Oh my God what is this?"
Muskegon MI NOAA National Weather Service radar operator Jack Bushong comments on the Holland Michigan radar/visual UFO - March 8th, 1994.
Thread / Video
• "When you have the view of the airspace and the radar screen and you see the UFOs go around twenty or thirty miles a second - that is very real. They can turn suddenly almost 90 degrees in a second or half a second. The UFOs can go vertically straight up very quickly."
Mexico City Senior Air Traffic Controller Enrique Kolbeck.
• "When you see a UFO on the radar screen I was told you notify NORAD, do not write anything down and keep it to yourself on a strictly need to know basis."
USAF Radar Controller Michael Smith.
• "What we have, then, was a group of sightings made by men on the ground, at the missile sites scattered around the base. There was radar sightings from ground and weather's radar. There were visual sightings from the crew of the B-52, and an airborne radar sighting where the target traveled at 3,000 miles per hour. Scope photographs were taken. There were sightings made by S.Sgt. Bond the FSC at Nov. Flight, S.Sgt. Smith at Oscar-1, Julelt, and Mike Flight Team and a number of men in widely scattered locations. The object landed at location AA-43 and the entire observation lasted for 45 minutes. Fourteen other people in separate locations also reported the UFO."
Army Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Randle (Ret.) describes the Minot AFB B-52 radar/visual UFO incident - October 24th, 1968.
Link / Site
• "UFOs appeared on the site's radar screens exhibiting changes of direction as many as five times a minute. Some course changes were 90 degrees and speeds were measured as high as 1,500 mph. Six blips at one time appeared on the radar scopes and the strange targets came within 10 miles of the GCI site. So close was the indicated range the radar personel left their windowless operations room to check the sky with the naked eye. Sure enough, six objects could be seen in the sky an estimated 10 miles away."
Staff Sergeant William Kelly stationed at Yaak radar installation, September 1st, 1953 - 'UFOs: A History, 1953: Aug-Dec., Pg.5; 19. Hall, UFO Evidence, Pg. 85'.
• "I've never seen anything like it and I don't want to see anything like it again."
Timothy Collins, U.S. Naval radar technician who tracked UFO over Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range Tracking Station (also visual reports), May 14th, 1978.
Link / Thread
• "When the object was about 3000 feet ENE of the tower, it stopped completely and hovered for about a minute. Then it began moving again, slowly at first, but then suddenly climbing at an extremely rapid rate of speed until it disappeared into the overcast sky. The object was in clear view at all time, with no intervening obstructions."
FAA (CAA) tower personnel R.M. Kaser and E. G. Brink - radar/visual confirmed UFO described as 'eggshaped, having no wings, tail or fuselage and about the size of an automobile standing on its nose' - Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico
November 4th, 1957.
Video: 35:40 / Thread
• "I have been working at airports for 16 years and never before have I seen an aircraft like it."
C. W. Sonner, Chief of Interstate Airways Communication - object also witnessed by R. L. Messmore, CAA Airways Operations Specialist - Terre Haute Municipal Airport, Indiana, October 9th, 1951.
• "De los Santos reported then that the object is moving away toward the volcanoes and the view was missing. At that instant the plane was found 12 miles south. At the moment we said 'that was wasting of view', was another 'echo' within 10 miles of the Piper and 14 southeast of us. The 'echo' then made a left turn of 270 degrees, within three to four miles at a speed of 450 to 500 nautical miles per hour. It was unbelievable!"
Radar Controller Julio Cesar Diaz Interiánradar, Mexico Air Traffic Control Tower - radar/visual UFO case, May 3rd, 1975.
Video / Thread
• "They were flying in grid patterns, like they were looking for something. It was definitely systematic."
Army Air Defense Command Radarscope operator Bill Schroeder describes four UFOs over the Everglades (also visual reports), Key West, Florida, April, 1967.
Link / Video
• "We had objects with four-way confirmation – ground visual, ground radar, airborne visual, airborne radar. It doesn’t get any better than that. In my following of unusual aerial phenomena for the past 50 years, there seems to be some reason to discredit very viable and very reputable witnesses when they say something is unidentified."
Lieutenant Colonel Charles Brown - Project Grudge analyst, U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
• "I was working a midnight shift in the tower when at approximately 1:30 a.m., I spotted a group of luminous objects in the air above and around Edwards Air Force Base. They had a flashing red light on the bottom, with a green, glowing light above the red.
The objects would be stationary for a period of time and then move very fast to another location and appeared to be able to climb straight up in short order. Good eyesight and my experience as an air traffic controller made it plain to me that these luminous objects were not planes, helicopters, stars, satellites, weather balloons or any other known aerial object.
Your job as an air traffic controller calls for you to be watchful. Training told me these were not normal objects. The objects weren't supposed to be there. These were objects out of the normal, from their appearance and flight characteristics. I reported these sightings to base operations and the Los Angeles Air Defense Sector.
The objects were also seen by at least five other people on Edwards Air Force Base. They were also seen by George Air Force Base tower and were showing up on radar in at least four different radar sight locations."
USAF Air Traffic Controller Chuck Sorrels describes radar/visual UFO events at Edwards Air Force base, October 7th, 1965.
Video: 1 / 2 / Thread
• "It didn't do anything for about half an hour, then it started to move."
Boeing Engineer J. Nogel stationed at Malmstrom Air Force base, June, 1952.
• "Well, that didn’t just didn’t fit; the thing was moving all around and it was too high, it was going too fast, and it was picked up on multiple radars - and the right angle turns it was making, no human being could’ve survived that.”
USAF GCA Radar Air Traffic Controller Gerry Flood, Eielson AFB, Alaska, 1958.
Link / Video
•"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them. Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We had to investigate cases of that kind. Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain. But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."
Ralph Noyes, Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977.
• "It was so unusual. People just looked at it and said, 'What is going on?' We're talking 30, 35 aircraft. No Air Defense Commander in his right mind would get the entire Lightning force in one location. He'd have absolutely nothing left with which to defend the United Kingdom Air Defense region. You could cut the air with a knife. It became electric rapidly. People were more than surprised.
What I saw defied all logic and was, quite frankly, extraordinary. It wasn’t just me, more than 30 pairs of eyes of RAF staff and radar operators at Heathrow Airport witnessed the same thing. I instantly knew this wasn’t a convoy of military planes - the only craft with that rate of climb were supersonic lightning aircraft but they wouldn’t have been able to hold such a perfect formation."
RAF Wing Commander Alan Turner (MBE).
Thread / Video
"During the 1955 Warsaw Pact exercises, a radar station in the area of Warsaw recognized two targets over the Gulf of Gdansk. The targets were moving at a speed of 2,300 km/h at an altitude of 20 thousand meters. In those days there was no aircraft with such performance. At one point it was noticed that the two objects did a 90 degrees turn, literally on the spot with no turning radius. This maneuver at such high speeds cannot be done. Most modern aircraft are unable to do so even today, and that was 50 years ago".
Colonel Ryszard Grundmanem - Former Head of Poland's 'Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense'.
• "There is no other conclusion I can reach but that for six hours on the morning of the 20th of July, 1952 there were at least ten unidentifiable objects moving above Washington.. I can safely deduce that they performed gyrations which no known aircraft could perform. By this I mean that our scope showed that they could make right angle turrns and complete reversals of flight".
Senior Air Route Traffic Controller Harry Barnes.
Link / PDF / Thread
• “My memory was that everything was in a complete flap. Normally, in a military situation everything is ordered, regular and set out. But here was a situation that was plainly out of control. Mechanics were flying about all over the place. The mechanics were being blamed for not calibrating the instruments properly; we were being blamed for not interpreting the readings correctly. Every single instrument on the base was showing this enormous object sitting up at an unbelievable height. It was the size of a warship and it just stood there.”
Radar Operator William Maguire, RAF Sandwich, Kent, September 17th, 1952 (same time as Operation Mainbrace).
• "This object came to about 1500 meters from my position, always to the north and that was the nearest I saw it.. I could observe some flashes of light coming from the lower part, which lighted the lower part or base of the object; I had the impression that this lower part was flat and with a metallic aspect; I estimate that it was circular and with a diameter of about 60 meters.”
Air Traffic Controller involved in the El Tepual airport UFO incident, Puerto Montt, Chile, June 1st, 1988.
• "Flying at close to 50,000 feet, the air speed of the object we had observed and plotted in accordance with RAF standard procedures was assessed at very nearly 3,000 miles per hour. The general consensus regarding its size, among the very best experienced radar personnel engaged in the operations, was that the object offered an echo similar to that of a large passenger or freight surface vessel, something in the region of 15,000 or 20,000 tons - there was quite a bit of buzz about this.
We were awakened from our watch slumbers by Sergeant Platt and assembled in front of Stonar House for an address by Squadron Leader Mundy. He reminded us of our duties as serving members of the RAF and the requirements of the OSA (Official Secrets Act) and to forget especially the odd occurrences of the past night and not to mention same to anyone not connected to the RAF.
Going on watch that evening we found that the Duty Watch Book, normally only replaced when completely full, which recorded every air engagement, every PBX message, every official order by the watch-keeping officer, made during every official part of previous watches, including the previous night’s activities, as an official Watch Book is required to do…had gone. Replaced by a brand new shining Duty Watch Book.”
RAF Radar Operator J.R. Oliver - RAF Sandwich, Kent, September, 1949.
• "To make this story more incredible the very next day both radars again reported an object hovering over the base at about 10 mph, at 45,000 feet. The 'official' story on this was that they were probably some type of 'high-flying sea gulls'."
Major Edwin A. Jerome, USAF (Ret.) Command Pilot, Air Provost Marshal, Intelligence Officer, CID Investigator - Goose Bay, Labrador, 1948.
• "Traveling at fantastic speeds - sometimes thousands of miles per hour - these objects execute perfect 90-degree turns, steep vertical climbs, even abrupt, hovering stops in defiance of all known laws of aerodynamics."
"When more than one are involved they fly in a pattern within a pattern."
"In addition, they invariably stay just ahead of Air Force planes sent up to intercept them."
• "It was soaring across the field and we were actually dumbfounded - it was so low you could see the oval shape of the object with a red light in front and a red light to the rear of it. It appeared to be cigar shaped, maybe the size of an automobile - from red light to red light there appeared to be illuminated white lights the whole length of it. I thought I was going to look in the windows and see something extraordinary because we were that close. It just soared and hovered and was actually unbelievable."
Sharon Police Chief Bernard Coffey - low level UFO also witnessed by Officer Harold Donovan, Officer James Testa and Officer Fred Jones - Sharon, Massachusetts, April 19th, 1966.
Video / Thread
• "The Colonel looked me right in the eye and said 'we don't have a clue, we don't have anything that can fly like that'.. and then it wasn't long after that that a couple of cars of security guys came in and took the radar scrolls."
Montana Sheriff Peter Howard.
• "It looked like a completely controlled landing."
Military Police Officer Cpl. Glenn H. Toy describing an 'egg shaped' object over White Sands missile range, UFO also witnessed by Pfc. James Wilbanks - November 3rd, 1957.
Link / Audio / Video
• “I went down and the craft was hovering between Clarenville and Random Island, right on the water. It was only a couple hundred feet off the water. It was there for good two hours before it left. I’m familiar with aircrafts of all shapes and sizes. But the metal on it was not like aircraft metal. It was very dull and not shiny at all. It wasn’t even smooth. It was very coarse looking. The technology was way beyond what we had then and still way beyond what we have now.”
RCMP Officer Blackwood witnesses cigar shaped object hovering over the water on Random island lake, October, 1978.
• “People were woken by an intense humming noise. They were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the lake, its lights shone down into the water, apparently turning it in to steam."
Police Station Sergeant Bob Wenning - Gosford, New South Wales, Australia, December 31st, 1995.
Video / Thread
• "The car engine stopped and the lights went off; suddenly I saw many multi-colored lights and was able to observe through the windshield a gigantic disc, from which came all the lights; with great astonishment, I realized that it was an unidentified flying object which stopped over us for several seconds and then continued west, searching the side of Alajuelita."
Police Sergeant Elias Sibaja, official report to Colonel Marino Donato, director of the Costa Rican Radio Patrol Unit - Desamparados, Costa Rica, January 17th, 1980.
• "What I saw was a dome shaped object approximately 15 feet wide and 3 to 4 feet thick at the centre.. This time the object was so close that I braked and pulled off onto the shoulder of the roadway and stopped. As I sat there watching the object my motor, lights and radio ceased to function.
It was hovering about 20 feet away at 10 feet altitude, I attempted to contact dispatch but my radio would not work. After a few seconds a white light came from the top of the dome and lit up the inside of my patrol unit."
Police Officer Luis Delgado, found 'shaking and crying' in his patrol car by Police Officer L. Bartley - Haines City, Florida, March 19th, 1992.
Link: 1 / 2 / 3
• "It had a dome with ports all around it. The bottom was surrounded by colored lights like neon lights in blue, red, green and white which blinked in a sequence as if they were rotating, and in the middle there were three spheres or hemispheres. It was a huge thing, about 100 feet in diameter, and it made no noise whatsoever. What fascinated me even more was that the object was enveloped in a kind of halo which made its entire metallic structure glow white. It flew slowly over our heads and seemed to land at a place behind a group of trees. But we couldn 't see or check that out because at that point it was too far away and in the middle of the moor."
Police Constable Anthony Dodd Skipton, object also witnessed by Police Constable Dale - North Yorkshire, December 12th, 1978.
• "The object was a sort of rectangular building with many windows that could be seen clearly but with no one inside - it remained suspended in the air, throwing a light beam once in a while which would illuminate the area."
Police Officer description taken from official police report - UFO exhibited EM effects on a police patrol car and was witnessed by over a dozen people before submerging into ocean - Tocopilla, Antofagasta, Chile, September 23rd, 1971.
• "It was approximately 50 feet in length. There were portholes on the side but there were no visible signs of propulsion. The ship appeared to be metallic and gave off a bright glow. There was a low whirring sound coming from it."
Police Constable Brian Earnshaw - PC Colin Donahoe and PC Malcolm Reader also witnessed the object from a different location - Bacup, Lancashire, October, 1969.
• "It appeared to have portholes."
RCMP officer observing UFO through rifle scope (files from National Archives of Canada) - Southern Saskatchewan, November, 1973.
• "I swung around and could hardly believe what I was seeing. There was this huge, dark object as big as that barn over there with red flashing lights on it. It barely cleared that tree right there, and it was moving back and forth."
Police Officer Eugene Bertrand - Exeter, New Hampshire, September 3rd, 1965.
Link / Video / Thread
• "The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car. After arriving at approximately its original position, it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."
Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode, object also witnessed by Chief Deputy Billy McCoy - Damon, Texas, September 3rd, 1965 (same night as Exeter).
Link: 1 / 2
• "I headed towards this object and as I got close to it, I got within about 25 yards of the object, what I saw quite baffled me. I realized this object was actually hovering off the ground.
As I was sat in the police car I could actually see under the object, it was actually hovering about 5 feet off the ground. The span of it was taking most of the road up - it was about 20 feet wide.
It was diamond in shape, it appeared to be in two halves joined together - the bottom half appeared to be rotating, the top half looked to be stationary. I mean I was absolutely flabbergasted."
Police Officer Alan Godfrey, Todmorden, England, November 28th, 1980.
• "There was no definite shape to it other than a pulsating, steel blue ball and wherever it went it was very, very fast."
Police Officer John Porter - 12 miles from Todmorden, November 28th, 1980 (same night as Alan Godfrey).
• "It was a saucer shaped object hovering about 500 feet in the sky and was very distinct."
Highway Patrolman Dave Burlile, object also witnessed by Officer Robert Young - Georgetown, 1958.
• "It was a giant plate of light. It lit up the whole horizon with a glare. It was flying low over the landscape and appeared to be spinning."
Police Constable Eric Pinnock - Warminster, Wiltshire, November 30th, 1965.
• "I happened to look up and there was that UFO right above the cornfield, it was just hovering right up above the power lines. - it was just like the ones you see on TV. Then it took off like a bullet, just tremendously fast - if I live to be 100, I'll never forget it."
Henrico County Sheriff A.D. 'Toby' Mathews - Richmond, Virginia, August 9th, 1966.
• "I was still checking property and facing the back of the shops when I heard a high pitched whine, for a moment I couldn’t place the noise as it was most unfamiliar to the normal surroundings. I turned around and saw a greenish, grey glow in the sky about 100 yards from me and about 35 feet up in the air.
I stopped in my tracks and was unable to believe what I could see. However I gathered myself together after a couple of seconds and made the following observations. The object was about the length of a bus and estimated at being 20 feet wide. It was elliptic in shape and emanated a greenish grey glow which I can only describe as an eerie greeny colour. It appeared to be motionless of itself, that is there was no impression of rotation. The object was about 15 feet in height. The object had a flat bottom.
The object remained stationary for about five seconds then without any change in the whine it started moving at a very fast rate in an East-South-East direction. It disappeared from view very quickly. When it started moving it did not appear to rotate but moved off sideways with the 30 foot length to the front and rear."
British Police Constable Colin Perks.
• "The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed."
Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone, Southern Australia, May 22nd, 1996.
• "I observed an egg-shaped, orange glowing object heading north, approximately 10 feet above Route 23. The object was estimated to be seven to eight feet in length. There were two cruisers chasing the object with their lights flashing. One was a County Sheriff's car and the other was from the Ohio State Highway Patrol."
Circleville Police Officer Glenn Howard - Route 23, Ohio, 1980.
• "At first I though we were seeing a ship on fire on the horizon towards Ilfracombe. But then it rose out of the water like a blood-red sun, a good deal larger than a full-sized harvest moon. It remained at sea level, then suddenly took off at a fantastic speed towards the Atlantic."
Chief-Inspector Reginald Jones of 'D' Division, Glamorgan Police, object also witnessed by another officer - September 1st, 1957.
• "I was a witness of an object suspended over Laguna Cartagena. The Military got involved because they were also witnesses. The object flew away then back and it stopped and hovered over Laguna Cartagena."
Police Officer Carlos Torres, Puerto Rico, October 8th, 2002.
• "This object came at us from the west. At first it looked like a red hot piece of coal about the size of a quarter held at arm's length. In a matter of seconds it was as large as a ruler held at arm's length. That is when it came to a complete stop. "The shape of the object was distinct. The body of the object was solid bright red and it gave off a pulsating red glow completely around the object. The object hovered a few seconds, then made a left turn and again hovered for a few seconds, then went straight up like a shot. We watched it until it completely faded beyond the stars."
Patrolman LeRoy A. Arboreen, object also witnessed by Patrolman B. Talada - Dunellen, New Jersey, December 20th, 1958.
• "I noticed a very bright, brilliant light, 8 to 12 inches in diameter, 3 to 4 feet off the ground. The edges were very defined. I thought perhaps at first that it could be an aircraft in trouble, as it appeared to be a landing light from an aircraft. I proceeded about a mile and three tenths or a mile and four tenths when the light intercepted my vehicle causing damage to a headlight, putting a dent in the hood, breaking the windshield and bending antennas on top of the vehicle. At this point. at the interception of the light, I was rendered either unconscious, neutralized or unknowing for a period of approximately 39 minutes."
Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson - North Dakota,
August 27th, 1979.
Link / Video
• "There was a cigar shaped object right above the screen - my wife saw it too and we watched it for about fifteen minutes - it looked like a cigar burning on both ends, two big glows with a kind of soft glow in-between. Then all at once, the thing disappeared. It went straight up and disappeared in about three seconds.”
Deputy Sheriff Aubrey Yates describes UFO witnessed at Fair Park Drive-In Movie Theatre - Jefferson County, Alabama, September 25th, 1950.
• "It was cigar shaped and yellow in colour. It travelled along slowly for a few seconds, then shot off into the night at a fantastic speed. We didn’t know what it was, nor had we ever seen anything like it but many reports have been made at the police station of strange lights and objects."
Police Constable Perry Jackson, object also witnessed by Police Cadet William Bryon - Banbury, Oxfordshire, October 27th, 1971.
• "I've never seen anything like it before - I'd estimate its diameter at perhaps 50-100 ft, and its vertical thickness as perhaps 15-20 ft, with some kind of edge perhaps 5-10 ft thick. Overton stated to me that he had no idea what it was, but that there was no doubt it was a craft of some sort."
Jay Munger along with Police Officers James Overton and Frank Rakes witness 'a disc-shaped object with a bright light shining upwards on its top and a dimmer light shining downward from the underside' - Corning, California, July 4th, 1967.
• "It was like a sunburn when you fall asleep at the pool. There were white blisters on the parts of my body facing that light. I also had trouble with sunlight. It was like right after you have your eyes checked and they are sensitive to light. That lasted about a week."
Kerman Police Officer Manuel Amparano describes the burns to his face and chest after encountering a silent, round object below tree top level which was 'the color of the setting sun' - Fresno, California, May 13th, 1978.
• "The craft had two small, red lights on the front of it, and two small, red lights on the rear about in the center of it. When it got closer, I noticed several larger windows that projected light from inside the craft.. There were three larger red and green lights running vertically along the front edge of the craft. I was trying to pay attention to as many details as I could, and the one thing that stands out in my mind is that the speed was so slow and the muffled jet engine sound did not match and the sound was farther behind the craft.. I also estimated this craft to be around 100 feet long and approximately 200 feet high. It was moving too slowly for its size."
Sheridan County Sheriff describes unknown object - Sheridan County, North Dakota, October 7th, 2003.
Document: 1 / 2
• "It was a soundless, triangular, flying object twice the size of a full moon with a white light on each tip with a red light in the centre."
Police Officer describes object over Maplewood, New York - June 17th, 1978.
• "The lighting on board the UFO was remarkable, as it was blinding white with a white light at each corner of the craft. On bottom center just past the half way mark, was a red blinking light. The forward white light shot a shaft of light toward the ground, without actually lighting the ground as you expect from a spotlight. The UFO hovered at approximately 1000 feet and no sound could be heard from the object as it approached, hovered, and departed. Before its departure, the object made a stunning flat pivoting turn and then began to move slowly away."
Police Officer Ed Barton, Lebanon Police Department - Illinois, January 5th, 2000.
Video: 1 / 2
• "I first thought it was probably a bunch of helicopters flying in formation, as I drew closer to it I saw it start to cross over the roadway - it was unlike anything I had ever seen before, you could see the lights and you could see something that they were attached to - and it was shaped like a triangle.
I was freaking out, I was like 'what the hell is this?'. I stopped and wanted to listen to see if I could hear any type of engine noise, I could not hear anything. I tried to look again at the UFO and it had already gone behind these trees.
I put it in reverse to back up for a couple of seconds to see if I could reacquire it again and by the time I had backed up to see it, it had moved at least a mile away if not further. I was astonished, I didn't know what to say, I was speechless."
Detective Mark Lopinot, O'Fallon, Illinois police department - January 5th, 2000.
Link / Video
• "I saw two people in white coveralls very close to the object. One of these persons seemed to turn and look straight at my car and seemed startled -seemed to quickly jump somewhat. I don't recall noting any particular shape or possibly any hats or headgear. These persons appeared normal in shape - but possibly they were small adults or small kids."
Police Officer Lonnie Zamora - Socorro, New Mexico, April 24th, 1964.
Link: 1 / 2 / Video / Thread
• "There, some 200 meters away from the group, near a hill, was an exceedingly strange, glowing, disc-shaped object, which remained on the ground and in their sight. Surrounding the object was an undetermined number of figures that came and went.”
Police Officer Elias Gitani, Argentina, early 1940's (EM effects on police car).
• "The headlights and spotlight on the squad car dimmed in the the presence of the object."
Police Officer Clifford Shaw - UFO also witnessed by other officers - Elmwood Park, Illinois, November 4th, 1957.
"Suddenly I noticed two very bright lights over the car. The UFO came down over us, one hundred to one hundred and fifty meters. It was noiseless and each light was four to six meters across. They looked like an electric arc light.
I tried to get out of the car but I felt a kind of half-paralyzed sensation. I noticed that the car trembled and shook and started to rock a little, back and forth. I spoke to the soldiers and warned them that we were suffering a sort of surprise attack. We were terrified, I was scared because there was no defense against it. I felt helpless. We tried to run away but the engine wouldn't start and the radio system was completely out of order. We couldn't understand what was happening to us..
At this time the UFO moved away again and when we last saw the lights, they were very far away. We noticed that they blinked and at the same time the city's lights blinked. We noticed that the whole district was blacked out, and when the radio was working again we were informed that the power and light company had reported a power failure in the area and had no explanation for it."
Sergeant Dione Martins de Sousa, Brazil Military Police force, UFO also witnessed by Manoel Braga, Geraldo Correa and João Florentino - Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, 0ctober 18th, 1978.
Thread / Photo
• "It was about as long as a football field and fifty to seventy-five yards wide I believe what I saw was an unidentified flying object and I believe it was some aircraft not of this earth."
Officer Troy Todd. Memphis P.D. Tactical Squad, object also witnessed by Tactical Squad member Jerry Jeter - Pine Hill Golf Course, Memphis, Tennessee, May 17th, 1977 (Bob Pratt Archives).
Link: 1 / 2 / Video
• "As it approached my vehicle it stopped and seemed to hover, there was no sound and I was looking up at this thing thinking 'what is it?'. When I put my head out of the window and was looking up at it it was huge."
Police Officer Andy Sadoff, Newcastle Police Department, Hudson River Valley, December 31st, 1982.
•"This sucker has not moved in ten minutes."
Police Officer dispatch recordings during the Trumbull County UFO Incident, December 14th, 1994.
Link / Video / Audio
• "We saw a large mass in the sky, a triangular mass with 3 lights oriented downward about 200 meters from our police van. The object was silent and immobile and this object did not correspond in any way to anything we had seen before."
Belgian Police Officer Francis Michalczyk, Ans, Belgium, November 15th, 1989.
• "At first when we heard our colleagues talking on the dispatch we thought they were crazy. We stopped right in front of the nursing home and there was an immense object over our heads. The object had three lights at its extremities and a blinking red light in the centre.
At a certain point I saw a small object leave the larger thing, an object which was also flashing, it came straight down and turned round and flew around the back of the nursing home. After that the large object transformed itself into a single light and we followed it towards Germany."
Belgian Police Officer Dieter Plummans, Eupen, Belgium, November 29th, 1989.
"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs.. ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration - up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other. They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense."
British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation PRUFOS.
Link: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
• "At this time it was clearly visible to both of us. It was surrounded by a glow making the round or oblong object visible. At each end, or each side of the object, there were definite red lights. At times about five white lights were visible between the red lights. As we watched the object moved again and performed feats that were actually unbelievable.
At this time, we radioed Tehama County Sheriff’s Office requesting they contact local radar base. The Radar Base confirmed the U.F.O. – completely unidentified.
We made several attempts to follow it, or I should say get closer to it, but the object seemed aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions. Each time the object neared us, we experienced radio interference.
We returned to the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office and met Deputy Fry and Deputy Montgomery, who had gone to Los Molinos after contacting the radar base. Both had seen the U. F. O. clearly and described to us what we saw. The night jailer also was able to see the object for a short time, each described the object and its maneuvers exactly as we saw them."
California Highway Patrol Officer Charles A. Carson and Police Officer Stanley Scott - Red Bluff UFO case, California, August 13th, 1960.
Video: 16:00 / Link / Thread
• "This is the strangest thing that (we) have ever witnessed. We would have not believed this story if we hadn't seen it with our own eyes. These objects could move at fantastic speeds, and make very sharp turns, dive and climb, and hover with great maneuverability. We have no idea what these objects were, or where they could have come from.. It would swing back and forth like a pendulum, then shoot upward at tremendous speed, hover and then come down just as fast..
It looked like an arc. It was round. We turned around and started following it through Dexter for five miles. It was headed west and we stopped. We lost it in the trees. Either the lights went off or it took off with a tremendous burst of speed. It was about 1,500 feet above the ground. It moved along at about 100 mph. We were doing 70 before losing it near Wylie Road."
Washtenaw County Deputy Sheriffs BuFord Bushroe and John Foster.
• "It moved very rapidly in any direction it wanted to go, it could change and go to the right or to the left or go across-ways without hesitating a bit. If they call it a flying saucer then that's what it is."
Police Sergeant Noel Schneider, Sherriff's Office.
• "It suddenly appeared over my patrol car at a height of about 1,000 feet, it had white and red lights on it that at times had a bluish tinge - it hovered over the car before continuing sweeps over the swamp. I watched the object for a few minutes before it was joined by three others that flew in formation, with one set of two flying high above the other two. They then disappeared into the sky."
Patrolman Robert Hunawill, Dexter Village Police Department.
• "Dr. Hynek was sent in from the U.S. government. He came into my office. We went out to the site where supposedly this object came down on the ground. Dr. Hynek in the car said, 'There is something. We just can't put our finger on it. We've been investigating this for quite a while.'
He was on the phone for quite a while, which I found very enlightening, he came out and I said, 'Well, Dr. Hynek. What do you think?' He said, 'It's swamp gas.' He tells me one minute he has no idea what it is. And then he makes one phone call to Washington and comes out and gives a statement that it's swamp gas. Very strange.''
Washtenaw County Sheriff Douglas Harvey.
Link / Thread / Video
• "It was 100 feet in diameter and glowed with a bright white light. It had a red area on top of it, as if it was overheated, and made a dull humming sound that increased in frequency as the object increased in speed. There were about 20 people out there looking at it at the time I was, so I know I'm not crazy."
Police Patrolman Mike Conklin.
• "It was white in color with a yellow glow at one end - I never believed in UFOs until tonight, some guy tried to tell me it was a star, but no star I've ever seen made a humming sound or jumped up and down or was so near the ground."
Police Sergeant Hugh Oyer.
• "The officer said it was oblong and covered with lights. It appeared stationary in the sky about tree top level for several minutes until he tried to shine his cruiser spot light on it - it then zoomed toward him and then shot straight up in the air after he turned out his light and disappeared. They would be behind the trees and come up and fly away.. as if you startled it or something - no balloon, helicopter or kite can move that fast or has that many lights attached or can go so quickly in a straight-up direction".
Montgomery County Sheriff's deputy Michael Sullivan.
Link / Thread
• "There was a light that looked bigger than any of the stars, about the size of a softball or volleyball. It was a pulsating, white, stationary light changing to red. It stayed in the air; there was no noise. I was trying to figure out what it was."
Police Patrolman Joseph Cisco.
“I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.”
Police Officer George Dyckman.
"It was a bright white light. As I said: just like on a locomotive. It was funnel-shaped. It seemed to come out of some object, like a funnel. In other words, it spread out as if it were focused through a telescope. It was narrow at one end in the sky and spread out into a very wide beam as it approached our upper gatehouse at the dam. The strangest part of it was that there was no noise attached to this object. None whatsoever. It was absolutely silent. A silent light."
Chief John Casazza of the Wanaque Reservoir Police.
• "I've seen Venus many times, but I never saw Venus 50 feet above a road and moving from side to side like this was.."
Portage County Sheriff Ross Dustman to United Press International.
• "It's about fifty feet across, and I can just make out a dome or something on the top, but that's very dark. The bottom is real bright; it's putting out a beam of light that makes a big spot underneath. It's like it's sitting on the beam. It was overhead a minute ago, and it was as bright as day here: Our headlights didn't make nearly as much light as it did. And this is no helicopter or anything like that; it's perfectly still and it just makes a humming noise."
Police Officer Dale Spaur.
• "The object was the shape of half a football, was very bright and about 25 to 35 feet in diameter.. The object continued to go upward until it got as small as a ballpoint pen. Relative to the moon, the object was quite distant and to the left of the moon. We all four watched the object shoot straight up and disappear."
Police Officer Frank Panzenella.
• "It went PSSSSSHHEW, straight up; and I mean when it went up, friend, it didn't play no games; it went straight up."
Police Officer Dale Spaur.
Video / Thread
• "The number of thoughtful, intelligent, educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day.. We can say categorically that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us.. they unmistakably suggest a systematic aerial exploration and cannot be the result of chance. It indicates purposive and intelligent action."
General Lionel M. Chassin, Commanding General of the French Air Forces, and General Air Defense Coordinator, Allied Air Forces, Central Europe (NATO) - foreword to the book by Michel Aime, 'Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery', New York: Criterion Books, 1958.
Link / PDF
• "You must remember that I was privy to the project files. These contained hundreds of official reports of UFO encounters made by military personnel from all branches of the service. They were all classified with a high degree of security classification. Almost all of these made pretty scary reading from the verbatim descriptions of the pilots concerned."
Albert M. Chop, Air Force UFO Public Information Officer at the Pentagon.
• "We're interconnecting bilateral meetings to exchange information and have coordination meetings. The most advanced are the Europeans, France, Italy and Spain."
Colonel Julio Vucetich (director of Peru's Department of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena Research) describes how his country engages in international meetings on UFO information.
• "Everything is in a process of investigation both in the United States and in Spain, as well as in the rest of the world.. Look, as a General, as a military man, I have the same position as the one officially held by the Ministry (of Defense). Now, from a personal position, as Carlos Castro Cavero, I believe that UFOs are spaceships or extraterrestrial craft.. The nations of the world are currently working together in the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. There is an international exchange of data. Maybe when this group of nations acquire more precise and definite information, it will be possible to release the news to the world.. I myself have observed one (UFO) for more than an hour.. It was an extremely bright object, which remained stationary there for that length of time and then shot off towards Egea de los Caballeros, covering the distance of twenty kilometers in less than two seconds. No human device is capable of such a speed."
General Carlos Castro Cavero, Spanish Air Force - interview with J. J. Benitez, 'La Gaceta del Norte' newspaper, Balboa, Spain, June 27th, 1976.
• "The official conclusion is that the anomalous aerial phenomenon known as unidentified flying objects is real and is present within the controlled airspace and outside the controlled airspace. It is also present in the sea - we have some reports from our navy in that respect. It is present everywhere, and therefore it is necessary to share the information in order to have more background and be able to study it more scientifically, so that we can give real information to the people and not rely on what is shown on TV and in sensationalist media."
Chilean General Ricardo Bermúdez - Director of CEFAA (Committee of Studies of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena), part of DGAC, Chile's Civil Aviation Agency, equivalent to the U.S. FAA - 'Chile, France and Russia, Citizen UFO Hearing Transcript'.
• "Think for a moment, if one experienced commercial pilot reports to me that something flew across in front of his airplane, I pay careful attention; but now if a second commercial pilot reports the same a few seconds later, I become interested; but if a third pilot, a military one, confirms the same fact, I tend to believe it. In this case, do we have one UFO close to the airplanes, or we have two UFOs? If we have one, its incredible speed doesn’t correspond to anything we have now."
General Ricardo Bermúdez - Director of CEFAA (Committee of Studies of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena).
• “Over decades the military have been reporting UFO activity within the Brazilian territory. However, due to the lack of a reasonable explanation, these reports are left aside awaiting for the time when their nature and the identity of their crew can be understood.”
Former Brazilian minister of Aeronautics Brigadier Socrates Monteiro.
• "There were eight of us, including me and the farm owner. We had three military men, including my son, then a lieutenant and now a major, and a friend of his, a major in the air force, a professor of physics, a professor of law and others in different professions.
There were eight of us, all friends, and we saw the object clearly in front of us, radiating an intense bluish-whitish light. Then quickly the object disappeared and immediately appeared to the right at a higher point in the mountains."
General Alfredo Moacyr Uchôa, former deputy director of the Military Academy of Brazil.
• "This can’t be laughed off.. We are running down every report. I can’t tell you how much we would give to have one of those crash in an area so that we could recover whatever they are."
Colonel Howard McCoy - Air Force Scientific Advisory Board meeting at the Pentagon, March 17th, 1948.
• “I think that the Americans practice on the subject much higher efforts of investigation than those of any other country, they practice a deliberated policy and had deliberately orchestrated misinformation. It is total misinformation. What for? Is it the fear to see their supremacy challenged if one day they face a much more advanced external civilization? Is it their concern of keeping potential technological assets to themselves? Or.. or any other explanation, who knows?”
GEIPAN Director Yves Sillard, former Assistant Secretary General for Environmental and Scientific Affairs for NATO. Radio France International Interview - September 29th, 2005.
• “It is clear that the Pentagon has had, and probably still has, the greatest interest in concealing, as best it can, all of this research, which may, over time, cause the United States to hold a position of great supremacy over terrestrial adversaries, while giving it a considerable response capacity against a possible threat coming from space. Within this context, it is impossible for them to divulge the sources of this research and the goals pursued, because that could immediately point any possible rivals down the most beneficial avenues. Cover-ups and disinformation (both active as well as passive) still remain, under this hypothesis, an absolute necessity. Thus it would appear natural in the minds of U.S. military leaders, secrecy must be maintained as long as possible.”
The Cometa Report discusses the U.S. Government’s historical UFO research. Study carried out by independent group of former 'auditors' at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense (IHEDN).
Link / Video
• "In 2000, the Aviation branch of the Army of Chile assigned me to research anomalous aerial phenomena, which they knew were real, and their affect on aerospace security. I then graduated to become a military pilot, and learned that the Aviation Amy had in its files many reports of UFO incidents from military pilots."
Rodrigo Bravo Garrido, Captain and Pilot for the BAVE (Aviation Brigade of the Chilean Army).
• "The most shocking events involved Uruguayan aircraft pursuing a UFO. It occurred mainly in 1986. Two military aircraft tried to intercept a UFO which entered Uruguayan airspace without authorization..
It was around 20h30 when those two fighters I’ve mentioned tried to approach an object maneuvering over a dam. They tried twice to reach the UFO. They didn’t succeed because the object managed to escape maneuvering at great speed which our aircraft could not follow.
A peculiar thing was seeing the object changing colors while increasing its acceleration. It went from yellow to orange then turned red. It moved away at an enormous speed until it disappeared from our sight. In a second attempt to intercept it, the object did the same thing: when the Pucara got closer, the UFO vanished at an incredible speed towards the West. Without much they could do the pilots simply quit the pursuit and returned to the base."
Colonel Ariel Sanchez, head of the Uruguayan Air Force UFO Office describing how a UFO evaded military jets over the Palmar Dam in 1986.
• "We still got no answers regarding the UFO phenomenon, what these vehicles and their origin are, but we keep on researching with the utmost disposition. As men at the service of Uruguay we must be impartial. We don’t encourage or discourage any particular point of view.
The one I’m mostly interested is Operação
Prato, in 1977. This seems to me as a very shocking situation. Among all those intriguing cases such as the Brazilian Official UFO Night, Varginha and others, I believe Operação Prato was the most important one in
its developments. It was significant because of the way the UFOs affected the population, the attacks and
even deaths caused by the “chupa-chupa”, four people dead if I’m not mistaken. I would like to have participated
in that investigation."
Colonel Ariel Sanchez, Chairman of the Commission for the Reception and Investigation of UFO Reports (CRIDOVNI).
• "I believe the Air Force in Peru has done the right thing in opening an office to conduct these investigations. The evidence we have from actual UFO cases and incidents that have taken place in our country show that the UFO phenomenon remains one of the greatest challenges to our current knowledge of science and technology."
Dr. Anthony Choy, founding member of OIFAA, UFO Office of the Peruvian Air Force - (computers containing classified UFO records were also stolen).
Video: 1 / 2
• "We use the best equipment to detect objects in our skies.. even strange ones, with great results. We can distinguish between a commercial plane or other objects with our modern equipment. Concretely, from the United States, that are highly qualified sources of information, that we are inside an environment in which we have unidentified objects. Concretely, they are extraterrestrial objects, of that I am sure. We share the universe with other beings."
Colonel Wilson Salgado. Commandant FAE-COS-1, Ecuadorian Military - interviewed for the 2010 documentary 'UFOs in South America'.
• "From 1969 to 1972, the ufological activities of this organization, were most varied, including the elaboration of information bulletins, a draft of SIOANI regulations, contacts with interested parties, panels, catalogs of contacts and others, always attempting to contribute in this field of research that was already well known in Brazil."
Colonel João Glaser discussing specialized UFO bureau 'System of Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Objects'.
• "It is my belief that one of the objectives of your organization (Air Research Group) is the public dissemination of data on unidentified flying objects.. this is contrary to Air Force policy and regulations."
Capt. Gregory H. Oldenburgh, USAF, Information Services Officer, Langley AFB - letter sent to Larry W. Bryant, 23rd January, 1958.
•"That it could be an aircraft constructed on this earth, I do not believe possible."
Commander Juan Barrera, in command of Aquirre Cerda airbase.
•"The UFOs are no figment of the imagination."
Lieutenant-Colonel Lou Corbin, Army Intelligence.
• "During my long investigation of these strange objects, I have seen many reports verified by Air Force Intelligence, detailed accounts by Air Force pilots, radar operators, and other trained observers proving the UFOs are high-speed craft superior to anything built on Earth.”
U.S. Major Donald Keyhoe.
Video / Archives
• “The Air Force had put out a secret order for its pilots to capture UFOs. For the last six months we have been working with a congressional committee investigating official secrecy concerning proof that UFOs are real machines under intelligent.. "
U.S. Major Donald Keyhoe, during a live TV broadcast on CBS in 1958 in which he was pulled from the air when he began to deviate from the prepared format of the programme.
E-Book: 1 / 2
• "The undeniable reality is that there are a substantial number of multi-sensor UFO cases backed by thousands of credible witnesses. In the physical domain there are many photos, videos, radar tracking, satellite sensor reports, landing traces including depressions and anomalous residual radiation, electromagnetic interference, and confirmed physiological effects. Personal observations have been made both day and night, often under excellent visibility with some at close range. Included are reports from multiple independent witnesses to the same event. Psychological testing of some observers has confirmed their mentally competence. Why is none of this considered evidence?"
U.S. Colonel John B. Alexander, Ph.D.
Link: 1 / 2
•"According to worthy information of faith, in our atmosphere objects arrive at high speed. No aircraft, neither in the United States, either in the Soviet Union is currently able to achieve the speed attributed to these objects from the radars and from the observatories. These objects appear to be driven by an intelligence the way in which they fly. According to reports from scientists and technical personnel, these objects fly in formation and finish manoeuvres that seem to point out that are not completely driven from an automatic equipment. These objects are in incontestable mode the result of long investigations and highly technological and exceptional knowledge."
Admiral S. Fahrney, head of missile testing for the American Navy, press conference, January 16th, 1957.
• "And don't tell me they were reflections, I know they were solid objects."
Lieutenant D. A. Swimley describes disc shaped objects witnessed over Hamilton AFB, California, radar ATIC Intelligence report - August 3rd, 1953.
• "I wish to give you a summary of what is known in the world about 'flying discs,' of what is known about the opinion of qualified experts who have dealt with this matter. The problem of 'flying discs' has polarized the attention of the whole world, but it's serious and it deserves to be treated seriously. Almost all the governments of the great powers are interested in it, dealing with it in a serious and confidential manner, due to its military interest."
Colonel Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, Brazil - O'Cruzeiro magazine, Rio de Janeiro, December 11th, 1954.
• "It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time.. The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence."
Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff Information Service, and Director of the first official military UFO inquiry in Brazil in the mid-50s - How to doubt?', O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28th, 1958.
• "Between 1950 and 1965, personnel of Argentina's Navy alone made 22 sightings of unidentified flying objects that were not airplanes, satellites, weather balloons or any type of known (aerial) vehicles. These 22 cases served as precedents for intensifying that investigation of the subject by the Navy. In the past two years, nine incidents have been recorded that are being studied by Captain Pagani and a team of military and civilian scientists and collaborators. Likewise, a meticulous questionnaire was drafted, printed and distributed to different bases. In a short time, the Service of Naval Intelligence was in possession of a stack of highly significant reports of testimonies. On the basis of this important documentation, it was possible to obtain a coherent overview of the problem."
Captain Sánchez Moreno, 1965 Official UFO Report 'Informe Oficial O.V.N.I., Sumario S# A. 02778-DTO. OVNI', Naval Air Station Comandante Espora - ICUFON Project World Authority for Spatial Affairs (W.A.S.A.), New York, 1979.
• "More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, eg that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph. I am convinced that these objects do exist and they are not manufactured by any nation on earth. I can therefore see no alternative to accepting the theory that they come from an extraterrestrial source."
Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII - London’s Sunday Dispatch July 11th, 1954.
• "Saucers exist, I saw two. They were intelligently flown or operated - evasive tactics, formation flight, hovering. They were mechanisms, not United States weapons, nor Russian. I presume they are extraterrestrial."
Lt. Colonel Richard Headrick, radar bombing expert, 1959.
• "We had a number of reports from reputable individuals (well-educated serious-minded folks, scientists and fliers) who surely saw something.. Many of the mysteries might be explained away as weather balloons, stars, reflected lights, all sorts of odds and ends. I don't mean to say that, in the unclosed and unexplained or unexplainable instances, those were actually flying objects. All I can say is that no natural phenomena could be found to account for them.. Repeat again: There were some cases we could not explain. Never could."
General Curtis LeMay, Air Force Chief of Staff - taken from 1965 autobiography 'Mission With LeMay'.
Link / PDF
•"Many of the reports that cannot be explained have come from intelligent and technically well-qualified individuals whose integrity cannot be doubted."
Major General E.B. LeBaily, USAF Director of Information - letter to USAF Scientific Advisory Board, September 28th, 1965.
• "UFOs sometimes treated lightly by the press and referred to as 'flying saucers' must be rapidly and accurately identified as serious USAF business."
Major General Richard E. O'Keefe, USAF, Acting Inspector General of the Air Force - Air Force Inspector General's Brief, December 24th, 1959.
• "I saw such objects (UFOs). It was not a matter of stars or planets, but of mobile bodies with incredible speed and irregularity of movement."
Captain Luis Sanchez Moreno, Argentine Naval Intelligence - La Nacion, May 24th, 1962.
• "UFOs sighted in Indonesia are identical with those sighted in other countries. Sometimes they pose a problem for our Air Defence and once we were obliged to open fire on them."
Air Marshall Nurjadin Roesmin, Commander in Chief of the Indonesian Air Force - letter to Yusuke J. Matsumura, May 5th, 1967, reprinted in Timothy Good's book 'Above Top Secret'.
• "The most spectacular UFO incident in Indonesia occurred when during the height of President Sukarno's confrontation in Malaysia, UFOs penetrated a well defended area in Java for two weeks at a stretch, and each time were welcomed with perhaps the heaviest anti-aircraft barrage in history."
Air Commodore J. Salutun, National Aerospace Council of Indonesia, and a Member of the Indonesian Parliament - letter published in UFO News, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1974, CBA International, Yokohama, Japan.
Link / PDF: Page 114
•"Today it can be stated with a high degree of confidence that observed manifestations of UFOs are no longer confined to the modern picture of the world.. The historical evidence of the phenomenon allows us to hypothesize that ever since mankind has been co-existing with this extraordinary substance, it has manifested a high level of intelligence and technology. The UFO sightings have become the constant component of human activity and require a serious global study.. The scientific study of the UFO phenomenon should take place in the midst of other sciences dealing with man and the world."
Major-General Pavel Popovich, pioneer Cosmonaut and "Hero of the Soviet Union," President of All-Union Ufology Association of the Commonwealth of Independent States - MUFON 1992 International Symposium Proceedings.
• "UFOs are real. I myself had an experience of this sort in 1951. It was a yellowish-silver disk with deep red edges, moving at high speed at an altitude of some 500 meters.."
Vicecommodore Oscar Bario. Argentinian Defense.
• "At this state of events, and with the evidence available to us, it is hard to deny the existence of flying saucers."
Vicecommodore Dante La Roca. Argentinian Defense.
• "I believe in the so-called flying saucer, and it is my understanding that the Air Force will pursue studies on this subject."
Commander Adolfo Alvarez, 1968. Argentinian Defense.
• "I am not a specialist on UFOs, and, therefore, I can only correlate the data and express my own supposition."
General Igor Maltsev, in the newspaper Rabochaya Tribune for April 19th, 2005 - Maltsev reported that he had reports of "more than 100 visual observations" compiled by commanders of several air defense units of the Moscow Military District of a UFO which has been seen in the area of Pereslavl-Zalesskiy in the northeast of Moscow on March 21st, 1990.
Link / Video
• “The observed validity of this supports the para-physical assertion and makes the likelihood of UFO being Earth-created greater than the likelihood of their creation on another planet. The astral world of illusion which – on physical evidence -is greatly inhabited by illusion-prone spirits, is well known for its multifarious imaginative activities and exhortations."
British Air Marshal Sir Victor Goddard, British Air Ministry’s first Deputy Director of Intelligence - talk given on UFOs at London's Caxton Hall, May 3rd, 1969.
• "The jet pilots are, and have been under orders to investigate unidentified objects and to shoot them down if they can't talk them down."
USAF Senior Public Information Officer Lt. Col. Moncel Monts, International News Service release: 'Air Force Orders Jets to Shoot Down Flying Saucers If They Refuse To Land' - July 29th, 1952.
Link: 1 / 2 / Video
•"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers. We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them."
General Benjamin Chidlaw, Air Defense Command - Recorded interview with California investigator Robert Gardner regarding National Security points of the Eastern ADC, February, 1953.
• "His Excellency recognizes the importance of the (UFO) matter, to the extent that within the Ministry of Aeronautics there exists a Bureau in charge of studying the matter, receiving, analyzing and archiving chronologically the phenomena observed in Brazilian airspace that comes to the attention of this Ministry."
Air Force Colonel Sergio Candiota da Silva, Assistant to the Minister of Aeronautics, letter to Brazilian researcher Irene Granchi, December 19th, 1988, acknowledges that the Ministry investigates UFO reports.
• "At the end Lieutenant Santa Maria got the order to come back and he decided to pass really close to the object. I could say he passed forty meters away from it which makes him the human that has been closest to a UFO."
Commander Julio Chamorro Flores of the Peruvian Airforce - Founder of Peru's DIFFAA (Department of Investigation of Anomalous Phenomenon).