It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby indicted on federal charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
You don't get to cash in on easy money until you're closer to the top, with many politicians indebted to you. You have to be really smart when it comes to that kind of corruption before you start taking advantage of it.
She wasn't well- connected enough yet, or or maybe not smart enough to play the game with the big kids.

Marilyn Mosby didn't attract top tier crooks to mentor her like Barack did.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She almost made it to freedom in Florida.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I hope she gets a fair enough trial.

...and then 10-20 in the Stoney Lonesome .

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
Famous Nancy Pelosi is from Baltimore !!!

Nancy got far away from Baltimore, but the walls are closing in on her regardless of her location. Her son is being sucked into the law-enforcement vacuum cleaner first.

Paul Pelosi's corruption catching up to him: nypost.com...

They're the loveliest of people: well . . .

Interestingly the FBI released a load of documents on Pelosi's father on Jan 6, 2021 about dad's, Thomas D'alesandro Jr, long reign in Baltimore/Maryland/US politics along with his association with the Mafia. I couldn't find the reference but I thought he was known drug smuggler.

Along with a son's arrest and acquittal of rape of 11 & 13 y/o girls and perjury that convicted others involved.

Thomas D'alesandro Jr, had a long and interesting history and associations between thugs in the underworld and those in politics.

conservativedailypost.com...

stateofthenation2012.com...

References from places like wiki are ridiculously whitewashed.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
double post

edit on 1 15 2022 by BelleEpoque because: double post

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Jaellma

It is very depressing when know that the biggest fish out there killing humans and making money out of dead and suffering will never get a day in court meanwhile they reap billions and trillions of dollars.

She got caught and is not even for half of what others in this nation are doing and have done.

Agreed.

Maybe the Dems want someone else in there.

Or like in the shows The Wire and Billions the local law enforcement were allowed to get some points in their positions, often politically driven, while they threw her under the bus.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Famous Nancy Pelosi is from Baltimore !!!

Sorry but I think this one is too funny not to post for the third time. Violate me at your will, Mods.

citizenfreepress.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What I could find is that she lied on the mortgage application claiming COVID hardship, so that she could withdraw money from her retirement account to purchase the properties.

Either she pissed somebody off or there is a political advantage in getting rid of her. Things like this are usually settled with a fine and/or suspended sentence.

www.foxnews.com...

"Baltimore's State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby -- who was indicted on federal perjury charges Thursday"

"Mosby, who has been state's attorney in Baltimore since 2015, is now accused of lying on a mortgage application, claiming a coronavirus-related financial hardship in order to withdraw money from her city retirement account. "

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
What I could find is that she lied on the mortgage application claiming COVID hardship, so that she could withdraw money from her retirement account to purchase the properties.

Either she pissed somebody off or there is a political advantage in getting rid of her. Things like this are usually settled with a fine and/or suspended sentence.

www.foxnews.com...

"Baltimore's State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby -- who was indicted on federal perjury charges Thursday"

"Mosby, who has been state's attorney in Baltimore since 2015, is now accused of lying on a mortgage application, claiming a coronavirus-related financial hardship in order to withdraw money from her city retirement account. "

I think the bigger issue is she lied to take money out of her retirement account. Many retirement accounts won't allow you to withdraw funds unless there is a hardship such as avoiding foreclosure. If she used the money to buy an investment property, it is hard to claim that is a "hardship".

In addition, it appears she lied on the actual mortgage application claiming the property was a second home and not an investment property (this gets into a gray area). However, what screwed her is they found she got a lease for it almost immediately so it doesn't seem like she planned to use the property at all as a second home. You can rent second homes but you still need to actually use the property occasionally.

Generally, feds aren't getting involved for this type of low level stuff. There are much bigger fish to fry. However, given her political status, they may be looking to make an example out of her. Or maybe they think she might snitch on someone bigger.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: nugget1
You don't get to cash in on easy money until you're closer to the top, with many politicians indebted to you. You have to be really smart when it comes to that kind of corruption before you start taking advantage of it.
She wasn't well- connected enough yet, or or maybe not smart enough to play the game with the big kids.

Marilyn Mosby didn't attract top tier crooks to mentor her like Barack did.

And therein lies her downfall. You have to be smart enough to know where you stand in the pecking order to know just how far you'll be allowed to break the law with impunity. Having plenty of blackmail material helps a bunch.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: xuenchen

Wasn't it former POTUS - D.J.T. that started the 'witch hunt' on Marilyn Mosby?

Witch hunt?

By pointing out her deranged policies and offensive words?

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Marilyn is guaranteed to get her own private "Nickel Ride" when she turns herself in 🤣🤣

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Marilyn is guaranteed to get her own private "Nickel Ride" when she turns herself in 🤣🤣

You mean like the same Baltimore Police that killed Freddie Gray, by giving him a brutal "Nickel Ride" in their police van that day...Huh?
edit on 16-1-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You mean like the same Baltimore Police that killed Freddie Gray, by giving him a brutal "Nickel Ride" in their police van that day...Huh?

If I remember, She lost the case in Court !!! (I may be wrong) 😈

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Mosby, 41, is charged with falsely claiming to suffer financial hardship from the coronavirus to obtain an early withdrawal from her retirement savings to purchase the homes. In addition, federal prosecutors allege she lied on a mortgage loan application by hiding an outstanding federal tax debt. And they accuse her of entering into an agreement to rent out a home she bought in Kissimmee, near Disney World, while at the same time promising not to rent the property — all to obtain a lower interest rate.

Pretty much weak sauce, almost funny....

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If I remember, She lost the case in Court !!! (I may be wrong) 😈

If I'm not mistaken...you must be referring to former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh, who was sentenced to three years in Federal prison for fraud conspiracy and tax charges --- Not Freddie Gray.

Frankly...I was totally unaware, that someone could dip into their 401K, without paying taxes, for COVID related relief funds.

I would tend to speculate...if Marilyn Mosby can prove that someone in her immediate family had COVID-19 --- while she dipped into her 401K --- she might just get off the federal tax charge hook.

edit on 16-1-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Frankly...I was totally unaware, that someone could dip into their 401K, without paying taxes, for COVID related relief funds.

Depends on how you do it. If you borrow from your 401k and repay it, there's no tax or penalty. However you are only allowed do it for certain things. One of them is to prevent foreclosure on your place of residence or to pay off your place of residence.

Other than that there's other things you can do, if you are in a certain group of people.

I've been having issues with my car. I have enough to buy a brand new car in my 401k. However I am not in one of the specified groups (Teacher, State Employee, Federal Employee) to borrow enough, with out paying a sizable penalty, so it's not worth it.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I knew something happened ......👁‍🗨

Charges, indictments, and trials🎌

In May 2016, Judge Williams declared Officer Nero not guilty by means of a bench trial. On June 23, 2016, Officer Caesar Goodson was acquitted of all charges by Circuit Judge Barry Williams. In June 2016, law professor John Banzhaf of George Washington University filed a complaint with the bar against Marilyn Mosby for prosecutorial misconduct.

In January 2017, a federal judge allowed a lawsuit by five of the six police officers unsuccessfully charged by Mosby. Mosby was being sued for malicious prosecution, defamation, and invasion of privacy.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If someone in Her Family had COVID19 ("at the time"), it would already be known and considered by the Indictment ❇️

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

...and in the process became what she was fighting??

A corrupt politician. Lying on loan applications, and related shenanigans. Fits the very definition of corrupt, I'd say...

Your own words...

kind of describe Trump....very definition of corrupt
edit on 16-1-2022 by THeGreaTZoiD because: correction

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join