It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Utopia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Welcome to Utopia!

Crime in Los Angeles has turned the once-thriving city into a hellhole. It isn’t just the sharp rise in violent crimes that has citizens leaving in droves. It’s the property crime that generally goes unpunished by “woke” city officials and a district attorney’s office that is the pride and joy of George Soros.

Isn't it everything you've dreamed?

Watch those videos.

That's just some sad snip.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Was going to tear up your thread Redneck with my own ranting and raving.

Instead I'll start with a little assigned reading to support your thread.

I Now Better Understand the ‘Good German’

By Dennis Prager

thejewishvoiceandopinion.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Topics like this one make me appreciate the "privileges" we still enjoy in our neighborhood. I suspect your local politics are a key factor in the lifestyle you described.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure why you're complaining. There is still plenty of Toilet Paper

I live in SC and went to a Food Lion near Myrtle Beach yesterday.
The outside aisle were full, as you moved to the inside aisles it was a totally different situation.
Plenty of Beer, wine and toilet paper though.
Meat prices are skyrocketing, think I may take up eating a couple of my goats if it keeps up......

I really believe people need to think about 'Build Back Better' and exactly what the phrase means to Globalist.
The brainwashed woke crowd in the US love it and think it means something it doesn't. By the time they realize what it means it will be too late, if it isn't already.
America has to fall for the Globalist agenda to work. Then they can 'build back better', globally.
Once they get the rid of the filibuster in the Senate...... it will be on.
edit on 14-1-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"This is not a new world, it is simply and extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace."

Rod Serling

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The only way those poor brainwashed wretches could ever surprise any of us is in the same manner you'd use the term "surprise" to describe the reaction of feeling both of your doctor's hands on your hips mid-prostate check.

Lol

2nd line lol

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Do we need any more proof that we are living in the Twilight Zone? I think not.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes but now everyone is as surly, angry and hateful as the average leftist. Ain't equity great?

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Stop the world, I wanna get off.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Didn’t mean to offend, just poking. Must be neighbors since your description is darn near exact to my place.

BTW My grand mother always had a Buick.

Wife went to get some groceries, she noticed the top ramen and cup o noodles shelves are completely empty. Strange times…

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Topics like this one make me appreciate the "privileges" we still enjoy in our neighborhood.

So it doesn't matter how bad things get as long as you can think of something you haven't lost?

If someone stole everything you own except one item, would you be just as happy with that one item?

I suspect your local politics are a key factor in the lifestyle you described.

So far there have been people from all over the country agreeing with me in this thread. Is it all "local politics" in your opinion? Is that what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night?

How about answering my question? Why should I be grateful for the things I described?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

But I am sincere when I say that I want to understand why these are good things that I should be happy about.

Because you are supposed to believe what you are told. Not your lying eyes.

They have been lying to us from day one. They honestly believe as long as they keep lying, that soon enough we will start to believe them.

But there are still a few of us old folk that spent too many years living with, "Because I said so", that it does not work on us anymore. We still hang on to the, either it is, or it is not, school of reasoning.

There is no Utopia for us, but that is okay, because we were never looking for, or expecting one.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

No offense taken... it's kinda ironic that I now drive an "old lady's car" when I used to be a hotrodder cruising in muscle cars (mostly Mopar). The old hotrodder blood is still in these old veins, though, just waiting to feel some horses rumbling under me.

That 6.2L Hemi puts out around 650 pounds of torque and 500 horses... to quote Tim Allen, "Arrgh! Arrgh! Arrgh! Arrgh..."

(But I do still like those heated seats and the Buick ride, lol)

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lora73

To me, all this looks like this experiment

The boiling frog is an apologue describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of sinister threats that arise gradually rather than suddenly.

Very few are jumping. So it won't be long before we are soup.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is no Utopia for us, but that is okay, because we were never looking for, or expecting one.

I have one... er, had one. I worked my entire life, sometimes two and three jobs at a time, to get here. I consider my home as my paradise and my actual Utopia. I have everything I need right here.

And it seems some people are just determined to take that away from me rather than let me live my life in peace.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I pretty much agree with all you’ve said except for one thing. The Mini statement, how dare you! My 2018 JCW two door hardtop gets 35-40 mpg depending how lead footed I am. And it’s a blast to drive with the 6 speed manual. Poor mans Porsche.

The ground water well I concur. We have a well but if the power goes out, no water. I’m wondering how to put in a hand pump well or tie one in as backup. We do have a Genset, but that will only last as long as a gas supply.

What’s with Rednecks/Hillbillies and Buick’s??? Haha!

Edit to add, Fuel efficiency has been around. My old Classic 1960 Chevy Impala has a three speed manual with electric activated over-drive. I drove from Illinois to California on I-40 doing 70 and averaged 22-23 MPG. I sold a few years ago and made a ton of money on it. Wished I still had it!

This little fellow has gotten me through a ship load of power outages. Think about getting another one for backup.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've always been somewhat anti-social...I want to be left alone. That, apparently, is not acceptable to many these days.

I go grocery shopping, and I walk out with three bags, and I've spent, fifty or sixty dollars... Really?

I know I'm about to sound like one of those old foggies talkin' 'bout how much better things were in the old days...but in those old days that much money would have bought a months worth of food.

If this is Utopia, I want out.

I'm tired of being told what is correct thought, or speech. I'm tired of being told what's healthy for me, and what's not.

I'm sorry, but my parents have passed on to whatever comes after this life, and I've absolutely no need for another set...if this means I have to relocate to the back of beyond, that's what I'll do. Not as young as a used to be, I'll be sixty here very shortly, but I find I can still care for myself fairly well, I don't need any help thank you.

Y'all can take your Utopian BS and put it where the Good Lord split ya.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TzarChasm

Topics like this one make me appreciate the "privileges" we still enjoy in our neighborhood.

So it doesn't matter how bad things get as long as you can think of something you haven't lost?

If someone stole everything you own except one item, would you be just as happy with that one item?

I suspect your local politics are a key factor in the lifestyle you described.

So far there have been people from all over the country agreeing with me in this thread. Is it all "local politics" in your opinion? Is that what you tell yourself to help you sleep at night?

How about answering my question? Why should I be grateful for the things I described?

TheRedneck

Much of my life has been defined by the power to make positive thoughts out of a bad situation. But apparently you've confused me with someone else who told you to shut the # up and be grateful for your minimal blessings in this miserable society, none of which I said. I was expressing my good fortune and you took it personally. So continue taking it personally while I play some nature soundtrack and practice regulated breathing. It's good for blood pressure and self control.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The one part of this COVID horse# I've never once complained about is the ' "social distancing" in stores. Pre-COVID there were few things in a store that pissed me off more than having someone decide to queue behind me so close they seemed to be trying to crawl into the hip pockets of my Carhartts. On more than one occasion I was told by my wife to go wait outside the store because she could tell I was about to snap at someone.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's certainly gotten a whole lot worse. The only people not seeing it are delusional people. There are of course ideologues who pretend everything is fine. So much is collapsing, and it's largely by design.

"You will own nothing and be happy" - World Economic Forum

Nothing will change until people get mad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join