It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Utopia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would like to welcome all readers to the newly-implemented Utopia we have all heard about so much. Personally, I think it sucks... but what do I know? I'm an old foggie, a disgruntled Bible-thumping, gun-hoarding, politically-incorrect, Karen-offending, unenlightened throwback to a much less enlightened time when evil was the way of the world... so I'm told. I take that to mean that I should be thankful for all the wonderful things this new Utopia brings, so I am starting this thread to ask for help. See, I'm apparently not smart enough to see myself how the things I am seeing are good. I have this backward notion about people being able to make their own decisions, chart their own path through life, and still be treated equally. So I really, really need help understanding why I should be grateful to the powers that be for all these gifts.
  • Grocery prices are soaring. I have personally witnessed the following price increases myself, and this is not by any means a complete list:
    • Ground Beef up 50% in the last year
    • Yogurt up 20% in the last month
    • Fish up 30% in the last three months
    • Cooking oil (including canola oil, which is what we use) up 75% in the last three months
    • Ramen noodles up 40% in the last three months
    • Onions up 60% in the last month

• Shortages on seemingly random items, again personally witnessed and far from a complete list:
    • Crackers
    • Tortilla chips
    • Bread
    • Milk
    • Biscuits
    • Certain types of soup

• The highest gas prices in 5 years

• Fuel efficiency has been declining for a long time, and is continuing to decline. I have owned the following cars, all either new, or one-owner transers from a family member:
    • 1986 Buick Riviera, 3.8L V6: 28 MPG combined, 32+ MPG highway, large car with lots of power.
    • 2002 Buick LeSabre, 3.8L V6: 26 MPG combined, smaller car, less powerful.
    • 2009 Buick Lucerne, 3.9L V6: less than 24 MPG, the smallest car yet (I have to contort to get in and out) and also the least powerful.

Using that progression, I think I would get my best mileage in a WWII Sherman tank. A 2022 Mini (do they still make those?) gets what?... 3 MPG? 2?

• I recently had a chance to cross an item off my bucket list... I wanted to test drive one of the new Dodge Challengers with a Hemi. Just a test drive, to feel that old feeling of power under me again. So I stopped at a Dodge dealership and asked if it would be OK for me to try one out. They were nice enough and said sure, no problem... if they had one. The only Challenger on the lot was a 2021 V6 model. Why? Because of the VLSI microchip shortage created by China. The number of production cars has decreased since they cannot get the processors they need for all the new high-tech gadgetry.

On the good side, they took my number and said they would call me when they got a Hell Cat 6.2L Hemi in.

• Overall, the price of a new car has risen by thousands of dollars.

• Fast food prices have risen to the point that it now costs very little extra to go to a nice sit-down restaurant (if one can be found).

• Help Wanted signs are everywhere.

• Wages are rising, but not as fast as cost of living.

• Service, if one can find service at all, is often rude, insolent, and uninformed.

• There are precious few specialty shops left, so online ordering is the only way to get a product that is not carried in a Big Box store.

• Big Box stores are reducing inventory, so things that were once common are now nonexistent.

• Shipping now takes a week on average, compared to 2-3 days only two years ago.

• Smaller, more efficient charities are closing. I'm having trouble finding a local charity to donate clothes to.

• Starbucks are opening everywhere, I am still a little fuzzy on what exactly a "latte" or "capucino" is... I always considered coffee to be a hot, black drink with a lot of caffeine, and which, if properly brewed, was thick enough to stand a spoon upright in. And that's only for the few times I actually wanted coffee... I prefer my caffeine cold and carbonated. So I will admit, I have never been inside a Starbucks. I wouldn't know what to order and probably wouldn't like whatever I did order.

• "Lite" beer now seems to take up 3/4 of the beer aisle. I don't understand that because I drink beer for the taste. Yes, I like beer... especially Pabst Blue Ribbon (which is getting hard to find cold, and isn't nearly as good if it ever gets hot).

• People seem to be too busy to visit any more. In my day, people would just drop by to say "Hello." That rarely happens now, usually because they "have to work." At least that's the excuse.

• People, both young and old, even when they are around family or friends, spend most of their time staring at the screen on their phone instead of talking with the people they are with. If they do talk, it is about the latest social media video with other people doing stupid things.

• Online colleges are all the rage as opposed to structured institutions. Seems to me one loses a lot of the experience by sitting in front of a laptop instead of in a classroom.

• People no longer go to college to learn; they go to college to "get a job."

• Most young people cannot add without the aid of a calculator, and have either little or incorrect knowledge about history. They also cannot write well, and believe that science is composed of decrees from higher authorities instead of experimentation and observation.

• Crime is up, and some criminals are actually moving out from the cities to more rural areas.

• I have to lock my car in my driveway, and my door if I leave the house. Otherwise, I chance someone breaking in and damaging/stealing my property.

• Marijuana is still illegal, but that is only enforced when the authorities wish to enforce it... so anyone who uses it is in essence agreeing to be imprisoned whenever those in authority wish to do so.

• The President makes and enforces laws; the Congress impeaches Presidents and makes more laws.

• Insurance companies determine what health care one needs.

• Hospitals now perform some medical procedures outside if the patient cannot tolerate a face mask.

• Doctors are to follow AMA/CDC guidelines to the letter, even if that means ignoring their patients' needs.

• Doctors no longer see sick or injured patients. Now they see patients who do not immediately need their services, and send those who do to the local Emergency Room.

• People are told to avoid the local Emergency Room because they are "taxing the medical system."
Now, all of the things I have listed are what I have observed and/or experienced directly, with my own eyes. Please do not try to tell me I did not see/experience them. I know what I saw and I am really, really, really getting tired of being lied to. If all you can do is tell me that these things are not happening, then please just go the freak away and annoy someone else.

But I am sincere when I say that I want to understand why these are good things that I should be happy about. I don't see them as such, and I know that, based on what a great many people are saying, I should see them as something good. So please, will someone help me to understand so I may enjoy this Utopia as well?

TheRedneck

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Despite the vast geographical distance between New Zealand and your area, I understand your sentiment, but for many different reasons. New Zealand is the California of the South Pacific. A national crisis (housing shortage), increasing rates (local property taxes), and an oppressive regulatory framework are strangling Kiwis.

Insanely high living costs are a form of direct taxation on people's income. For instance, the cost of monthly electricity bills in New Zealand is spanned over three months for their Australian counterparts.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Times are changing and us old folks will be like the American Indians put outside of society. An example of this is the government land in Yuma Arizona. A whole new culture there. If what lve been saying is right, that is one large new type of reservation.
Enjoy life everyone. Those leaders today are very VISIOUS . We mean nothing to them. And this isn't just in America. The lady in Burma now has been sentence by military court for many years.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I am already out of society.

I live 5 miles from the nearest store large enough to just get a soft drink and a snack. 15 minutes from the local city where there are stores that sell anything much more than that... more like 20-25 minutes to get to a store there. An hour away from the closest thing to a large city. My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, and we have known each other for 45 years now.

I'm disabled; I do not work. My idea of the perfect week is one trip to town, hit two or three stores for supplies, and back home. Doesn't always work out like that, but a week with more than three trips is quite unusual, and I am never gone for more than a couple of hours. Since the stores now don't often have what I need, a lot of my supplies are ordered online.

I have 16 acres of land and a nice (if small) house, a barn, several shops, a garage, and a few other storage buildings. All mine; no mortgage. I own my car outright. The only expenses I have are water (until I can fix my well), mandated trash pickup, and electricity (which includes phone and Internet).

I keep to myself as much as possible. ATS is my only form of social media... I have a Facebook, but never use it. No Twitter, Tic-Tok, Instagram, or anything like that.

All I want out of the rest of my life is to enjoy the time I have left on the meager fruits of a life of hard work. Just me and my wife, peacefully living out our days. But despite all of those attempts, despite voluntarily removing myself from society as much as I possibly can, it seems that is still not enough. You are quite right that our leaders are vicious... also malicious, and downright evil. And yet, I really don't expect many people who regularly support that evil to come in here and do the one simple thing I have asked for: to show me how these things I have seen with my own two eyes as a direct result of the political agendas of our so-called leaders are in any way a good thing for me. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

TheRedneck

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Stolen elections have consequences.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The only way those poor brainwashed wretches could ever surprise any of us is in the same manner you'd use the term "surprise" to describe the reaction of feeling both of your doctor's hands on your hips mid-prostate check.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

To me, all this looks like this experiment

The boiling frog is an apologue describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of sinister threats that arise gradually rather than suddenly.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Welcome to Utopia!

Welcome to Democrat led Fascism .

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
When a bell rings a pellet drops into a bowl in front of a monkey. The monkey eats the pellet, then waits for the bell to ring again.

If that is you - this is your utopia.

If you wonder where the pellet came from and what it cost? You are losing social credits for stirring up dissent. You will be the test monkey for the new "control the masses" shock collar. You naughty monkey you....

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I've been feeling the same way lately, but specifically about technology. For a long time, people often thought that their lives would improve alongside advancing technology.

Better Technology = Better Life

I used to think so, but I look around now and I'm not seeing it. Having a world of information inside your pocket sounded like a good thing, but now I think it just complicates everything else.

People thinking, "After they build a machine to do this for me, I will have so much more time to spend with my family, or to go and do whatever I've always wanted to do." But now it's here, and they're not spending more time with their family. They're just spending more time with their machines.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
When a bell rings a pellet drops into a bowl in front of a monkey. The monkey eats the pellet, then waits for the bell to ring again.

If that is you - this is your utopia.

If you wonder where the pellet came from and what it cost? You are losing social credits for stirring up dissent. You will be the test monkey for the new "control the masses" shock collar. You naughty monkey you....

For us that live in Asia, what you said is so true.
Taking control of ones survival is slowly being remove. Remember l have been posting about Worldwide spider web trap.
It's the web of self reliance which soon will be killed.
Just ask the big fishing boat operators is they don't have what we are calling passports, the can't buy fuel. Who ever thought the Mayor of DC said no vax you cant leave your house. And in Asia, here they don't fk around.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You definitely understood the message in my post. I am sorry that the understanding came at the expense of living through it on a daily basis. I am afraid that it won't be long until the US is just as 'angrily determined' as the powers that be are in Asia.

God save us all, for it seems we are powerless to save ourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I pretty much agree with all you’ve said except for one thing. The Mini statement, how dare you! My 2018 JCW two door hardtop gets 35-40 mpg depending how lead footed I am. And it’s a blast to drive with the 6 speed manual. Poor mans Porsche.

The ground water well I concur. We have a well but if the power goes out, no water. I’m wondering how to put in a hand pump well or tie one in as backup. We do have a Genset, but that will only last as long as a gas supply.

What’s with Rednecks/Hillbillies and Buick’s??? Haha!

Edit to add, Fuel efficiency has been around. My old Classic 1960 Chevy Impala has a three speed manual with electric activated over-drive. I drove from Illinois to California on I-40 doing 70 and averaged 22-23 MPG. I sold a few years ago and made a ton of money on it. Wished I still had it!
edit on 14-1-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The most popular president ever is the one with dementia, and the most popular VP is the one chosen only because of what she was, not what she could do.

People are now afraid of the common cold.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Dear Redneck,

Your government is always here to help you understand the "build back better" strategy. In this instance, your application of the word "utopia" is simply applied to the wrong group of people. The utopia we are building is not for you...it's for us.

We hope that clears up any misunderstanding. We want you to know we appreciate the sacrifice of American's such as yourself. It has been a long time coming, but your pain has been our gain. Thank you!

Your friends in Washington.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

What’s with Rednecks/Hillbillies and Buick’s??? Haha!

Kinda strange how that came out...

I bought the Riviera brand new, as I was an up-and-coming "professional" at the time and the Riviera was "the" car to drive. Loved it... floated down the highway and had power to spare. I drove that car until the wheels literally were coming off, then put it out to pasture. I still have it; can't bear to have it crushed.

When it died, I was in a bit of a financial pickle (thank you Barack Obama). My mother gifted me her LeSabre because she was buying another new Buick. I liked it; smaller and less decked out than the Riv, but still had good power and I could get in and out of it without too much trouble. I drove that car until some idiot kid ran a red light and turned it into scrap metal.

At the time my mother had just passed, and my sister and I were wondering what to do with her car, the Lucerne. So I took the insurance money from the LeSabre and bought my sister's half of the Lucerne. Nice car, fancy, heated seats and wheel, but not as powerful nor as big as the LeSabre. Still, less than 40K on it, so it might be the last car I own, assuming I can stay away from idiot kids.

Each step I went from a larger to a smaller car, from a more powerful to a less powerful car, and from better mileage to worse mileage. Growing up, I can remember gas being 25 cents a gallon, but as it hit $1 a gallon and kept rising, people began to care about fuel mileage. There were cars back then that could get 50 MPG... small, stripped down and underpowered cars, but but they got good mileage. Somehow, amidst continually intensifying calls for more efficiency, we wound up with less efficiency year after year after year. Now we're actually less efficient than we were before gas prices went up. My old '74 Gold Duster got better mileage than my Lucerne does today and could perform decent in a street race.

Seems to me all we gained was the ability to spend more money on the same thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I was told I was a Neanderthal yesterday due to liking football played in the weather.

I haven't belonged in this world for quite some time, and I'm only 57.

The timeline seems to be speeding up too, as my wife would say, "not in a good way".

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You're not alone. I'm younger than you, and I feel like this world isn't the one it should be and it's not the kind of place I belong in.

People have no balls, and that's men and women. They want to be cared for, not care for themselves. It's sad.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Not to be lazy, but I'm responding with a video clip. It's short, concise, and very relevant when discussing the "New Utopia". (You summed things up in your OP so there's not much I can add anyway).

Tim Dillon is one of the few people that sees what's actually happening. When discussing the darkest subjects, he usually finds a way to laugh about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People have no balls

LoL, that's the exact comment that got me labeled

Totally agree Kets!

The Bills game Sat. night is going to possibly get down to -2, to -4F, has the cries for a dome out in earnest (PTB decided it's new stadium time.)

Best of luck in the playoffs, if you still follow it. I know a lot don't. I have a hard time giving up my Bills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join