It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On COVID vaccinations, Pope says health care is a 'moral obligation'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

You know what the bible says? no church should speak for Jesus.

the person that has got the hot line to the guy in the sky

You mean that same got nonsense and the same fool who that we have an moral obligation for open borders and how we should we open our borders to immigrants as our moral obligation?

I haven't seen the Catholic church became a safe heaven for immigrants yet with tents.

spread disinformation

Like coming from you and the catholic church?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The same pope has no issues telling people its selfish to own dogs over Children yet the same Catholic Church had made statements before stating there are to many people in the world.

They had being in a number of controversial scandals from Orthodoxy,Buddhism abuse scandal and you claim that this pope has hand of speaking for Jesus or god ?
edit on 11-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The point is that the leader of a faith

You know what the bible says about faith leaders?

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

You shall have no other gods before me. This is expressed in the Bible in Exodus 20:3, Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8 and elsewhere, e.g.: Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: Grenade

The Catholic Church, historically a bastion of truth, peace, love and all things good.

If you think the Pope worships Jesus then you haven't been paying attention.

In the US, a significant portion of the unvaccinated identify themselves as being part of the Christian or Catholic faith, stating that god is enough of a shield or reference passages from the bible as to why they don’t want to receive the vaccine. How will this approach now reconcile with the strong statements made by the Pope.

My opinion is that a large percentage of anti vaccine individuals cavalierly used their faith as an excuse and will find some other reason to make an excuse.

A large portion of the deeply religious also don't believe in the church and are more of the mind that the only relationship with god can be personal, without intermediaries. So the leader of a church, especially one known for protecting it's paedophile priests, isn't likely to change an individual's unshakable faith in god.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm not listening to the pope.

I grew up listening to the pope tell women around the world they should never, for any reason, attempt any birth control and other proclamations along those lines. I thought it was cruel and brutal.

Then I find out the Catholic Church paid out 4 billion dollars to victims of sexual abuse.

www.newsweek.com...

I think, for one thing, the pope wants us looking at everything but that.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

a reply to: scrounger

so again I ASK YOU SPECIFICALLY
where EXACTLY IN THE BIBLE does it say you are bound by Gods teaching to TAKE THE COVID VACCINE OR ANY VACCINE?

I don’t believe the bible does,

then the POPE HAS NO MORAL GROUND TO STAND ON TO CLAIM THIS.. you just torpedoed your and his claim.. but lets see if you stop there

and that’s not the point.

And here we go with the argument and IGNORING what your stated justification for his comments . well since YOU BROUGHT IT UP then YES thats the point... but lets go on

The point is that the leader of a faith,

who by being leader of CATHOLIC FAITH that gets its whole being FROM THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS AND WHATS IN THE BIBLE must FOLLOW THAT TEACHING, NOT MAKE SOMETHING UP BECAUSE HE WANTS TO..

the person that has got the hot line to the guy in the sky, says it’s our moral obligation to get the vaccine and not spread disinformation.

there again you miss the point where he is the leader OF THE FAITH SET DOWN IN THE BIBLE.. not "i spoke to God and this is what he said." that is the sin of pride and arrogance to say he speaks for God and not his word...

wow when they say you are dedicated to the propaganda, half truths and lies they are not kidding
not only do you IGNORE what you claimed earlier, but you double down on willfull ignorance of what the christian faith , catholic denomination stands for.

the pope is to teach THE WORD OF GOD, NOT CHANGE IT .
its like teaching a science class (oh the irony of the example) from a textbook then claim you know better and XX is the fact with no basis in the material your teaching.

The only thing your showing is your WILLFUL bias, and clear ignorance of the catholic faith and the role of the pope.
again you ignore he DOES NOT HAVE THE PAPAL AUTHORITY to engage in politics and causes that are not of the faith.

you even admit what he is saying ISNT IN THE BIBLE...

sad really but keep posting
all it does is show you wont be denied the chance to post like a fool

scrounger

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The popes opinion on the vaccine issue is about as credible and valued as the OP's.

I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
The popes opinion on the vaccine issue is about as credible and valued as the OP's.

I'll leave it at that.

Depending on the perspective, that is either a very gracious compliment for me, or an insult to the pope lol. I will go with the former as a I am sure you didn’t mean to insult the pope.

He is the leader of a faith that has more population than the US, and a significant amount of those individuals highly value the popes opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

I'll leave it at that.

Depending on the perspective, that is either a very gracious compliment for me, or an insult to the pope lol. I will go with the former as a I am sure you didn’t mean to insult the pope.

He is the leader of a faith that has more population than the US, and a significant amount of those individuals highly value the popes opinion.

Oh I thoroughly meant to insult the pope, you can take that to the bank......

His supporters may highly value his opinion but horses for courses is the best I can bring myself to articulate on that one. Even though those horses clearly have their blinkers on way to tight.

Thou shall bow before no one but me....really don't know how that one gets lost in translation.
edit on 11-1-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

ROME — Pope Francis suggested Monday that getting vaccinated against the coronavirus was a "moral obligation" and denounced how people had been swayed by "baseless information" to refuse one of the most effective measures to save lives.

NPR LINK

So, what do y’all think? Has the Pope been turned by TPTB? Are his words being spun to attack the unvaccinated? Or, is the pope making a plea to those that are unvaccinated?

The popes throne literally sits in a huge serpents mouth. Who do you think TPTB are? Can you name a P more P than the Pope?

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
On COVID vaccinations, Pope says health care is a 'moral obligation'

What happened to that separation of church and state ?

So the pope 'says' corporate products are moral obligations.

I don't think so, especially after the last two years of covid.

Both Church,state,and political lackey's at government agencies,social media sites can ALL GO TO HELL, and burn for ALL eternity.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Pope Fauci, the Representative of $cience on Earth, says mrna baptisms for all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

‘Attacks On Me, Quite Frankly, Are Attacks On Science’ -Anthony Fauci
edit on 11-1-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The world just keeps making less and less sense, black is white, up is down, bad is good.

Atheists love the pope.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Vatican also states

5. At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Then the Catholic Church should no longer be tax exempt since they are telling you to donate to a political party:
www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

My opinion is that a large percentage of anti vaccine individuals cavalierly used their faith as an excuse and will find some other reason to make an excuse.

My 'opinion' is that people used their common sense and saw that an agenda was being followed, NOT science. Propaganda was being pushed, not facts. Fauci is being EXPOSED.
The question is when will you and the rest of the 'programmed' admit you were following lies?
Wake UP!

edit on 1 11 2022 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The problem with ideologues is that they think everyone else thinks or has to think the same way as them.

Back in the olden times, people used to be able to disagree with some dictates of the church without losing their religion.

But that was back before the leftists started dictating what religion should be for the masses.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The problem with ideologues is that they think everyone else thinks or has to think the same way as them.

They sure as snip didn't give an eff what the church thinks when it comes to gays and abortion.

Slam on the brakes and cry covid, and now it's a moral imperative to listen to the church.

edit on 11-1-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lemon1234

The pope would want everyone's opinion to be heard. What is baseless information?

Read the article. The pope explains..

"Frequently people let themselves be influenced by the ideology of the moment, often bolstered by baseless information or poorly documented facts," he said, calling for the adoption of a "reality therapy" to correct this distortion of human reason.

The pope just described the drones that mindlessly adhere to the propaganda the government pushes, then they virtue signal to each other proudly displaying their ignorance.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereistheflu

ROME — Pope Francis suggested Monday that getting vaccinated against the coronavirus was a "moral obligation" and denounced how people had been swayed by "baseless information" to refuse one of the most effective measures to save lives.

NPR LINK

So, what do y’all think? Has the Pope been turned by TPTB? Are his words being spun to attack the unvaccinated? Or, is the pope making a plea to those that are unvaccinated?

The popes throne literally sits in a huge serpents mouth. Who do you think TPTB are? Can you name a P more P than the Pope?

Vatican 'Audience' Hall

Complete with demons rising from Hell statue behind the popes throne.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join