It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago, throw out the teacher’s union

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: JBurns
Unions got you the 40 hr week. Paid overtime, Holiday pay. Sick pay. Maternity pay. changes to workplace safety. Better pay and conditions. the legal right to withhold labour. workplace protection against employers who treat you unfairly. They stopped child labour. etc etc.

AND gave ccp 70% of our manufacturing sector.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And once their employer fires the lot of them, a simultaneous job offer can be made for those who want to stay on (those who do not wish to live under a bridge)

The Nazis banned Unions then sent their leaders to concentration camps. I guess you would be happy with that?.

🤣🤣🤣🤣How do come to THAT conclusion ???????

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

The flip side of that coin is now a teenager with a single parent suffering some horrible disease is no longer able to go to work to support the family. That’s a shame.

whaaa?

There are plenty of programs around where a teenager can work if they so chose.

www.zippia.com...

careertrend.com...

My union hires teen apprentices, trainees and interns... and we have a mentorship program to help them break into the biz without having to go to a technical, community college. All paid for by my union.
edit on 9-1-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Unions got you the 40 hr week. Paid overtime, Holiday pay. Sick pay. Maternity pay. changes to workplace safety. Better pay and conditions. the legal right to withhold labour. workplace protection against employers who treat you unfairly. They stopped child labour. etc etc.

And now WHAT ARE they doing since you didn't mention what they're doing and what "benefit" it could be ?

🤓🪀

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What's all that got to do with the Chicago crisis and what they're doing ?????🤓🪀

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What's all that got to do with the Chicago crisis and what they're doing ?????🤓🪀

I was answering a question...why the attitude? Information used to be valued on ATS, now it's just all ideological snark all wrapped up in a star and flag circle jerk.

topic...The Board of Education doesn't give a sh!t about the teachers, all they want is that tax allocation... that's why the Teachers need a union.
The janitors and food service workers, bus drivers have a union.

edit on 9-1-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Good dodge and weave tangent away from the issue😁

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How d'ya like it now suckers roflmao

Feel the palpitations. Feel the knives in your backs. Feel the betrayals. 🙆‍♀️🙆

Chicago Teachers Union Delegate Says He Will ‘Report’ Members Who Attend Work
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A delegate with the Chicago Teachers Union recently claimed he will “report” union employees who attend work inside their schools.

Alex Forgue, who is a physics instructor with the Chicago Military Academy at Bronzeville, replied on a post in the CTU Members Only Facebook Group, vowing to report members who went to work, Fox News reported Saturday.

The outlet continued:

“As a delegate, I will be reporting the names of members who go in,” he commented on a post asking members if the Chicago Teachers Union is posting a “scab” list. Forgue confirmed that he made the comment when speaking with Fox News Digital, but said that the union has not instructed delegates to keep track of who goes into work.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yeah , back in the day when being a member of a union meant something .
Now , the only concern of union leader is more money to go in their back pocket and to the Democrat Party .
They have no interest in the union members anymore .

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
I don't do it as often as I should .

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Still not kissing a union's ass over something no one in one TODAY ever did.

Same reason why I flat refuse to take modern feminism seriously or grovel at them -- unions haven't accomplished jack # of significance for others, nor worth thanking for, in DECADES.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: xuenchen

I was answering a question...why the attitude? Information used to be valued on ATS, now it's just all ideological snark all wrapped up in a star and flag circle jerk.

topic...The Board of Education doesn't give a sh!t about the teachers, all they want is that tax allocation... that's why the Teachers need a union.
The janitors and food service workers, bus drivers have a union.

When you say CBOE, do you not understand that you are accusing US, the taxpayers (I inherited a rental property in Chicago)?

Are you unaware that WE are the 'fat cats' you are fighting?

This is ALWAYS the case with government employee unions.

In this case, you are using CHILDREN as your primary weapon in that fight against US?

Are you not even a little ashamed?

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The Nazis also ate food, drank water, and breathed air. I guess you better stop doing those things immediately or be labeled a fascist.

And I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure they wore clothes, lived in buildings, and drove cars. So you’ve got to stop doing those things too.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Day 4 of the new Chicago school shutdown brought a new online class for Democrat Special Education !!!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I am very pleased to hear this 👍🏻

It’s not ideal and probably less common today, but way back when about 10% of my graduating class had either no parents and siblings to raise or a sick parent and had to work. Seeing as how most state governments will ignore them until a certain age, it is good there are still options besides become a criminal to make ends meet

My Dad was one in such a situation, had to lie when he was 16 and say he was 18 to join the Navy in WW2. Ended up getting posted to a DD destroyer as a machinist mate, enabled him to take care of his five brothers and sisters. We won, he made it home, met my Mother and the rest was history 😊
edit on 1/12/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ROFLMAO now we have a new red herring from Mayor Lightfoot.

She announces she has TheRONA !!!!! 😆😆😆

Phony bulls#t 🆘

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

A few years ago I worked for a Company that had a Union on the shop floor. I was the Junior Engineer and as a result I was stuck with non-conformance issues. Every morning they people on the floor would meet and discuss the day's work. Every time there were incoming parts for inspection the same guy would take them because he was senior. 99 times out of 100 he would stash the parts, leave for a while and come back and sign the inspection report. Many times the parts were right and he got away with it. The times that the parts were bad ended up being expensive. Once he signed that report, the vendor who made the parts was off the hook. If the parts couldn't be reworked, we'd have to order new parts or if they could be reworked we'd either have to send them back to the vendor or do it ourselves. Any way you look at it, it cost money and time. We usually got a nice profit sharing check just before Christmas, but, one year we got nothing. People started bitching about the Company being cheap until I showed a few of them the total amount that he had cost us in replacement and reworked parts. ($950,000). The Company had just been bought out by an investment group that didn't want any hassles with the Union, so they just let it go.
edit on 12-1-2022 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join