It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Admits that the Covid Pandemic Was the Product of an Inappropriate Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lumenari

The CDC being aware of what? That the emergency authorized test could only test for SARS-Cov-2? Yes, they have been aware of that ever since it was authorized.

I'm sorry... I guess you didn't read the CDC link I posted.

The reason they are getting rid of the current test is because it could not differentiate between Covid and Influenza.

That is HUGE!

I hope there are some reporters and journalists still working during this slow time of year.

Everone who died with the flu is a "covid death"
Yeah its huge
It was all a lie

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Where does the CDC have in writing that they cannot differentiate between SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses?

In the CDC link I posted... they are getting rid of the current test because it cannot differentiate between Covid and Influenza.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The reason they are getting rid of the current test is because it could not differentiate between Covid and Influenza.

No.

Your CDC link:

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season.
www.cdc.gov...

Multiplexed means testing for different things at the same time. Since a PCR test detects genetic material, and since there is not genetic similarity between what an influenza test looks for and what a SARS-Cov-2 test looks for, each can only detect one virus. Multiplexed means that one test looks for both at the same time. No need for two separate tests. More efficient.

edit on 12/27/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

No.

Your CDC link:

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season.
www.cdc.gov...

Multiplexed means testing for two different things at the same time. Since a PCR test detects genetic material, and since there is not genetic similarity between what an influenza test looks for and what a SARS-Cov-2 test looks for, each can only detect one virus. Multiplexed means that one test looks for both.

To quote what you just quoted me...

CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.

They are getting rid of the original test because it cannot differentiate between the two.

Parse it all you want, Phage...

The CDC was lying to you and you will do anything necessary as a Vaxxed to deal with that.

I'm fine with that.

You do you...

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Lol
So many english to english translators here.

Yes the cdc is pulling the test because it gives false covid positives based on the flu.

link   
It's like people don't understand the implications of this, how many got fired over a false test? how many got vaccinated and it was wrong? I mean if you have COVID already and the test missed it and then you got vaccinated, would that be a good thing or a bad thing. Early on people quarantine for a possible faulty test. What a cluster

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes the cdc is pulling the test because it gives false covid positives based on the flu.

Incorrect.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Incorrect.

Incorrect to you...

Not to the CDC, however...

Good night, you poor twisted soul.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

They are getting rid of the original test because it cannot differentiate between the two

No. The original test could not detect influenza.

In any case, as has been stated, this "news" is from July. And was discussed here then.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The CDC was lying to you and you will do anything necessary as a Vaxxed to deal with that

The CDC has nothing to do with authorizing anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's like people don't understand the implications of this, how many got fired over a false test? how many got vaccinated and it was wrong? I mean if you have COVID already and the test missed it and then you got vaccinated, would that be a good thing or a bad thing. Early on people quarantine for a possible faulty test. What a cluster

Lot of incoming lawsuits.

And the people HERE of all places cheering on people geting civil rights violated....

For a test that gave false positives because of the flu.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You win the internet for this year.

I'm still laughing thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The CDC was lying to you and you will do anything necessary as a Vaxxed to deal with that

The CDC has nothing to do with authorizing anything.

Does this help with any of the translation questions, or create new ones?

khn.org...

If the covid virus is present in the sample, the primer will attach to the virus’s nucleic acid and make many copies of it. A chemical in the test will then fluoresce, which the polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, machine will interpret as a positive result. If the covid virus is not present, the primer will have nothing to attach to.

edit on 27-12-2021 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox

You win the internet for this year.

I'm still laughing thanks.

Yea... I'm done with him for the night.

A honey bee doesn't take the time to explain to the fly why honey is better than poop.

We are all entitled to an opinion, I consider his wrong and no amount of sophistry will change that.

I didn't make the OP for him anyways... I made it for the critical thinkers.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

July 19, 2021 : Bill Gates and George Soros join buyout of Covid test developer Mologic.

( Type of test is called : Rapid-Lateral-Flow-Test™. )

Oct. 6, 2021 : CDC will no longer distribute the 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, and laboratories should transition away from the Diagnostic Panel by the end of 2021.

Some other rapid-flow have been approuved, but the Mologic™ Rapid-Lateral-Flow-Test™ is still awaiting FDA™ EUA™ authorization.
Any bets on when the approuval comes ?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

Doesn't matter. Confirmation bias will prevent many from understanding something they don't want to.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. Confirmation bias will prevent many from understanding something they don't want to.

As will confirmation bias from false positives.

I already knew the original test had an extremely high false positive rate that was included in the national case counts, but now know that the flu virus wasn't necessarily responsible for those false positives.

Thanks for the lesson Phage!

I don't actually see how this 'new' information changes the validity of the claims on either 'side' though, since the false positives were still a thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Incorrect.

So it doesn't give false positives on the flu? It just gives false positives? Good to know.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I already knew the original test had an extremely high false positive rate

RT tests, which are not PCR tests, are known for providing false positives. PCR tests, not so much.

PCR tests show that an infection is present, that SARS-CoV-2 viral material is present. It does not, however, indicate how much.

edit on 12/27/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join