It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roe v Wade, what a time for that talk. LOL!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., issued a warning to the Supreme Court days before oral arguments in a potential landmark abortion case, claiming that a "revolution" will take place if the high court overturns existing precedent.

MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!!!

Amirite?

This isn't to get into the abortion discussion, it's NOMFB, I'm a dude and can't get prego. I have an opinion, but it's not something that matters, this matters to the one's it directly affects. (IMHO) But in light of the current mandating that you no longer have control over you body, makes this quite a humorous argument to have. The same one's championing the covid jab are the one's fighting for "MY BODY, MY CHOICE". Without beating the horses corpse too badly, make up your mind, do we have control over our bodies, or not? You can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., issued a warning to the Supreme Court days before oral arguments in a potential landmark abortion case, claiming that a "revolution" will take place if the high court overturns existing precedent.

MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!!!

Amirite?

This isn't to get into the abortion discussion, it's NOMFB, I'm a dude and can't get prego. I have an opinion, but it's not something that matters, this matters to the one's it directly affects. (IMHO) But in light of the current mandating that you no longer have control over you body, makes this quite a humorous argument to have. The same one's championing the covid jab are the one's fighting for "MY BODY, MY CHOICE". Without beating the horses corpse too badly, make up your mind, do we have control over our bodies, or not? You can't have it both ways.

In this day of TRUST THE SCIENCE, sure you have a say about human lives. Just like you can about an innocent elderly human life. That unborn baby is an individual innocent human with a right to life. With today's technology, we now know what that individual life starts and when the heart begins to beat. A beating heart signifies LIFE. Purposely stopping that heart ends that LIFE which is murder. The only thing separating it outside the body is a thin layer of skin.

TrUsT tHe ScIeNcE....right?
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
A kill unborn baby revolution?
Eww
Who hates unborn babies?

China?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If Republicans really thought abortion was murder, they would try passing laws to put THE WOMAN in prison for murdering their child. Talk the talk but to afraid to walk the walk. Republicans know women would vote against them in droves.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok so we have our position on abortion, why not vaccines
Why am I being forced to get a vaccine, my body my choice?

I recently used this same argument with a nurse, she argued for abortion rather than answer my question

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

it's the most polarizing topic that exists.

But it also points out the glaring hypocrisy when it comes to vaccines. You can choose to kill your unborn kid due to the irritation of having to raise him, but you have no choice to not take the shot.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think that there is something more important going on here.

The Senator states that if the Supreme Court makes a ruling that her Party doesn't like, there will be violence.

I think we are seeing the real reason for last year's "peaceful protests". Anybody else does or says this, it would be a "terroristic threat".

Basically she's trying to intimidate the Supreme Court much like they tried to intimidate the Jurors in the Rittenhouse Trial.

Do what we want or we'll unleash BLM and Antifa.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The pro abortion crowd ignores science when debating abortion.

It is the deliberate ending of a human life.

So when they claim to be the party of science, I tend to look at them with pity, the same way I'd look at an idiot trying to hump a doorknob.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You underestimate the power of the Democrat's greatest weapon: The Double Standard.

It covers both the my body, my choice argument and the threats of violence.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I think that there is something more important going on here.

The Senator states that if the Supreme Court makes a ruling that her Party doesn't like, there will be violence.

I think we are seeing the real reason for last year's "peaceful protests". Anybody else does or says this, it would be a "terroristic threat".

Basically she's trying to intimidate the Supreme Court much like they tried to intimidate the Jurors in the Rittenhouse Trial.

Do what we want or we'll unleash BLM and Antifa.

I had thought about that aspect too with the threats of "A Revolution". If a republican stated something like that, there would be denouncements, terrorist talk, and obviously white supremacy talk. But for the left, this is just how things work. BAMN. And sadly, nobody seems to care, because it's out in the open as it is here, and we get crickets.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Doesn't this cut both ways? The ones claiming "My body, my choice!" over vaccines are the same ones that believe the government should outlaw abortions.

Now, to play Devil's Advocate since I don't support vaccine mandates nor banning abortion, an argument can be made that your bodily rights cease when they start infringing on my body. So while an unwanted pregnancy only affects one person's body, a person with an infectious disease has the ability to affect many.

So it's not exactly hypocritical to support abortion and vaccine mandates. At the very least it's not as hypocritical as demanding the government ban abortion while being opposed to vaccine mandates.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

the unborn infant is an individual. Woman's claim of "their body, their choice" ignore the fact that the unborn infant has it's own body, it's own DNA make-up, it's own blood type, it's own unique chromosomal signature.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Both sides are hypocritical when it suits their needs.

However, threatening to throw a tantrum when you don't get your way is typically a tool of the left.

I am of the mindset that abortion should be legal, but rare. It should also only be allowed prior to a certain point in most cases... i.e., within first 3 or 4 mos of pregnancy. After that, the kid needs to be put up for adoption if having a child is too much of an inconvenience.

Abortion is used too much as a method of birth control. Women literally have multiple forms of birth control available so there is practically no excuse for accidental pregnancies. None. Accidental pregnancies are almost impossible when using birth control properly.

I also think if abortion remains legal, then men should not be required to pay child support if not married to the mother. This would make women take far more responsibility in preventing unwanted pregnancies if there is zero financial benefit available. As Dave Chapelle said.... your body... my wallet.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think, if you want to see a revolution, go ahead, outlaw Roe v. Wade and see what the response is out of the public, particularly young people,

Those are Shaheen's exact words. She's not threatening anything. However, she's not wrong. If Roe v. Wade is overturned you can certainly expect a cultural revolution.

It's certainly an issue that would get more young people voting. Millennials and Gen Z skew farther Left than any preceding generations and will soon be the largest bloc of potential voters in the country.

So if something like Roe v. Wade being overturned is able to get this bloc voting en masse then you can certainly expect to see our government moving drastically to the Left.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It would be interesting seeing people riot, due to being angry over not being able to legally kill humans.

They will elect the Christmas Parade mass murderer as their official spokesperson.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Doesn't this cut both ways? The ones claiming "My body, my choice!" over vaccines are the same ones that believe the government should outlaw abortions.

Now, to play Devil's Advocate since I don't support vaccine mandates nor banning abortion, an argument can be made that your bodily rights cease when they start infringing on my body. So while an unwanted pregnancy only affects one person's body, a person with an infectious disease has the ability to affect many.

So it's not exactly hypocritical to support abortion and vaccine mandates. At the very least it's not as hypocritical as demanding the government ban abortion while being opposed to vaccine mandates.

and if the vaccine stopped the transmission of the virus, you would have a point. It doesn't, and you don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Pull the other one. If she had said this to an official who is ELECTED you would have a point. She said this to the US Supreme Court who's members are APOINTED for LIFE. They don't have to please the voters. It's a threat of violence.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

However, based on most definitions of life, a fetus is not considered alive until it reaches a point that it can be viable outside the womb, which is normally around 24 weeks.

So, if it is not technically alive until that point, does it have bodily rights?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Roe vs Wade won't be overturned but it's not gonna stop both sides from using the fear it causes to rile up their base of support.

Almost like some outside force is constantly trying to divide us.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

and if the vaccine stopped the transmission of the virus, you would have a point. It doesn't, and you don't.

So, it's not really "My body. My choice." after all?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join