It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Notre Dame interior faces woke Disney revamp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That's right according to the reports they plan on turning the famous Norte Dame interior into woke. With Visitors will be guided through numerous chapels on a discovery trail, with an emphasis on Africa and Asia.

Either they should restore it to its original condition or just leave it.

They appear to include "Emotional Spaces"
Exclusive: Norte Dame interior faces woke Disney revamp

Confessional boxes, altars, and classical statues will be replaced with fashionable art murals, as well as music and lighting effects. Visitors will be guided through numerous chapels on a discovery trail, with an emphasis on Africa and Asia, and scripture in multiple languages, including Mandarin, will be projected onto the walls, according to Sputnik.

A senior source, according to Sputnik stated that the remodelling proposals threaten to turn Notre Dame into an experimental showcase that would mutilate the church. The source also stated that this is a case of political correctness gone berserk as they want to turn Notre Dame into a one-of-a-kind liturgical showcase when it should be a monument where even the tiniest modification should be handled with extreme caution.

Notre Dame 'is being turned into a woke theme park': Cathedral is being revamped with a 'discovery trail' and 'Christianity for dummies' exhibits, claim critics

edit on Mon Nov 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: added missing link and spelling in title

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Would anyone be outraged if I turned the George Floyd monument into a Ronald McDonald bust? 😃

Changing the church may cause some people to get really angry.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Good. Maybe they’ll pay homage to their Irish roots.

Ya know with the indentured servants and immigrants.

Which as you know were at one point easier to obtain financially than African Americans.

Glad to see that they’re honoring the Chinese immigrants (I’m assuming) too that built the train tracks to the west US.

Good for them for honoring a shared history.

Bad that they are made to do it wholesale.

Multiculturalism is dooming Us campuses to GroupThink.

“Fighting Irish”?

No. They blinked.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi
It’s a mockery of history, no matter a person’s opinion on religion, or the Catholic Church.

The absurdity of removing remarkable works of religious art, by the literal masters of the arts, themselves great thinkers working esoteric symbols and messages of hidden truths to inspire church goers and other spiritual aspirants throughout time.

This is unbridled usurpation of our past, robbing EVERYONE of the lessons provided by Christ, but also in the actions of man, in order to rise above their station.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is as old as the hills and mountains.

You take old religious places and turn them into a place for your new religion.

Then you teach the children all about the new religion and you make sure that the little tackers are taught that mom and dad's religion is wrong.

Universal education, gotta love it!

P

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe they'll Mickie mouse Chinese or African, wouldn't that be terrible?

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
conqueror replaces religion with his.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Another example of leftist double standard.

If any private person owned a building designated as historical, governments will crush you until you bleed to make sure that any work you do is exactly how the building was, even for an ordinary house , no matter the cost.

THIS IS NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

This building is about Christianity and FRENCH history.
Period!

What they are proposing to do is like renovating Versailles with, say, gang colors graffitti and spinning LED hubcaps to make sure gang members "feel included" no matter the fact they have ZERO role or history or contribution to that edifice.

Madness...
edit on 29-11-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Good. Maybe they’ll pay homage to their Irish roots.

Ya know with the indentured servants and immigrants.

Which as you know were at one point easier to obtain financially than African Americans.

Glad to see that they’re honoring the Chinese immigrants (I’m assuming) too that built the train tracks to the west US.

Good for them for honoring a shared history.

Bad that they are made to do it wholesale.

Multiculturalism is dooming Us campuses to GroupThink.

“Fighting Irish”?

No. They blinked.

No. Wrong country.

This is about the cathedral in Paris. In FRANCE.

posted on Nov, 29 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Catholics stopped being Christian around about Constantine
Their church building, their choice

About time they showed their true colours
edit on 29-11-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Is that why they burned it down?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   

If you don’t believe in God, that an individual’s right.

But I find it ironic the “woke” crowed turns a blind eye to the fact Jesus, and two other’s (and many before and after) where crucified literally by “big government”

I think those who are “woke” have to turn a blind eye to Jesus because he suffered true violent and deadly bias. And that cruelty was remembered long before George Floyd. While Jesus being more humble and peaceful.

In other words. In terms of “wokenrss”. How is the cross of Christ (especially if the two others crucified with Jesus is remembered) any different than a shire to George Floyd.
edit on 30-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added more

edit on 30-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Please! will someone think of the hunchbacks?!

glad i got to roam it before it burned.

it's discusting what they want to do to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Not often we agree but spot on.

Putting the place back how it was stands to obvious historical reasoning.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Another example of leftist double standard.

If any private person owned a building designated as historical, governments will crush you until you bleed to make sure that any work you do is exactly how the building was, even for an ordinary house , no matter the cost.

THIS IS NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

This building is about Christianity and FRENCH history.
Period!

What they are proposing to do is like renovating Versailles with, say, gang colors graffitti and spinning LED hubcaps to make sure gang members "feel included" no matter the fact they have ZERO role or history or contribution to that edifice.

Madness...

let them do that to the capital building in DC.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"As of 22 April 2019, donations of over €1 billion have been pledged for the cathedral's reconstruction,".and " As of 14 June 2019, only €80 million had been collected. " source wikipedia.org...

So? where does all the money go?

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Daily Mail citing Sputnik who in turn is citing an anonymous source.

That doesn't exactly scream credible news story.

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Tue Nov 30 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Paris is an incredible city, and Notre Dame was one of my favorite parts. I personally don't care about the religious mumbo-jumbo; it's the architecture that fascinated me the most. Huge carved granite blocks, glorious stained glass, vaulted dome ceilings, gargoyles, and the spectacular flying buttresses. Quintessential gothic. And the view from the tower is amazing.

No matter what kind of exhibits they do to the interior, I'm sure the key elements of the building will be preserved. I can't wait to see the new roof and the woodworking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join