It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AKA The Arberry Trial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thanks, duck duck go and google were no help. Maybe for the best.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Buckwheats? You’ll have to enlighten me

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead

You will need to do a little digging but the payoff is worth it.

If you feel like cheating you can go to Urban Dictionary which has the method from the film.

edit on 25-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

True! I'll look forward to our next "spirited" discussion. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Thanks, duck duck go and google were no help. Maybe for the best.

You have a new private message 😊

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

You are correct my friend 😊 I always enjoy the challenging discussions we have here. It keeps an old man a little sharper and a little wiser

And lucky you! What a beautiful place...The Carribean, talk about a dream vacation!

I think although this was a big case for the defense lawyers, their actions may hurt them in the long run.

Me too! I read on one site there are complaints with the bar, so it will be interesting to see how they want to deal with it!

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

From my understanding this is the most truly racist murder in the US that has gathered public attention in the past few years. Absolutely despicable stuff.

Let ‘em swing for it.

If they'd chased him down for being black then you'd have a case, but they didn't.

I disagree...and in order to validate my justifiable disagreement: We'll see what the verdicts will turn out to be, when the three men will face Federal hate crime charges and are expected to stand trial on them in February.

What really is chilling to consider:

I also just happen to agree with Ahmaud Arbery's mother today --- when she was interviewed on CBS Morning News this morning --- When she said (not exact quote) that if the video of Ahmaud's murder were never released...there never would have been a trial against the three men that were convicted of Ahmaud's murder.
edit on 25-11-2021 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Which is very unusual. To my recollection, one of the convicts actually leaked the video voluntarily right? Then GBI runs into it and decides to open a new investigation.

I did see the prosecutor who failed to bring charges or even investigate the matter was charged with violating her oath of office and obstructing justice. It does seem they are interested in cleaning house

Basically, without this rank amateur mistake one of the convicts made... charges would have never been brought

I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that criminals are generally not very intelligent. And the ones who are...well...you never know they're criminals in the first place

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure...as to whether one of the former defendants (now convicts) in the Arberry trial, "voluntarily" leaked the video of Ahmaud's murder; which eventually fell into FBI's hands. Or even if he was bragging, and displaying the murder video to his fellow rat-finks; which --- imho --- is even more devious.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

the three men will face Federal hate crime charges and are expected to stand trial on them in February.

Not that I would advocate for any of these murderers, but I really don't see the benefit of a Federal hate crime case. They have already been found guilty and are awaiting sentencing for a crime that could easily involve a life sentence.

So what are we going to do? Keep their corpses locked up after they die? How does that benefit anyone? Seems like a waste of resources to me, assuming Georgia throws the book at them (which they should).

I think more good would come of investigating the defense lawyers' actions... but of course, they could simply claim they were doing their Constitutional duty to do their best to represent their client in the most favorable legal light. That's a hard legal hill to climb.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not that I would advocate for any of these murderers, but I really don't see the benefit of a Federal hate crime case. They have already been found guilty and are awaiting sentencing for a crime that could easily involve a life sentence.

So what are we going to do? Keep their corpses locked up after they die? How does that benefit anyone? Seems like a waste of resources to me, assuming Georgia throws the book at them (which they should).

I would imagine there could be appeals..if better lawyers take it up. Certainly not that bunch of lunkheads. I wonder about the "malice murder" conviction. As I understand, it requires that the person kinda woke up that day with the intent to kill. As bad as this is, not sure I buy that..not that I feel any empathy, just a question.

I think more good would come of investigating the defense lawyers' actions... but of course, they could simply claim they were doing their Constitutional duty to do their best to represent their client in the most favorable legal light. That's a hard legal hill to climb.

They sure won't be highlighting this case on any of their bio's.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It didn't do them any good, however.

In fact, I'd be so bold as to say it harmed their case.

Which is a positive, isn't it??

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

No. If you shoot, you'd best damned well be shooting to kill. Otherwise, you could be held liable.

Or the person you just shoot could Hulk up and do serious damage to you.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I would imagine there could be appeals..if better lawyers take it up.

Perhaps... but even an appeal will not release them, unless a judge determines some seriously corrupt activities happened in the courtroom that could have proved their innocence. I don't see that happening. It would take a retrial and exoneration to do that.

As I understand, it requires that the person kinda woke up that day with the intent to kill.

Not really... it just means they intended to kill without just cause. The decision to kill can be 5 minutes before the act, or three months before the act. Malice murder fits the facts of this case.

I wouldn't lose sleep if the trigger man was sentenced to death. I imagine the only reason they didn't go for that was because he probably did also believe he was chasing down a thief, and that attempt could have let him off. I assume Georgia is similar to Alabama in that respect: to be eligible for capital punishment, one must commit either multiple murders or commit murder while in commission of another felony (such as armed robbery).

Their attempt to make this poorly thought out citizens arrest may have been over the top, botched miserably, and even illegal... but it would be hard to prove it was a violent felony that deserved death. Neighbors watching out for neighbors is a legitimate thing around here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I had the same feeling on this one VC. It wasn’t until the words Travis uttered on the video seconds after shooting Mr. Arberry that I thought to myself…”that was murder”

Indeed if they had actually been engaged in a lawful arrest and followed the correct procedure (varies by state) it may have been different. For that, Private citizens need to say the words “you’re under arrest” or creating conditions under which a reasonable person would believe they were under arrest. Even a criminal in the act isn’t expected to read their mind, so you have to tell them “Stop, you are under arrest”

If at that point someone resists a lawful arrest, you can use reasonable physical force to apprehend them. If they resist with deadly force, go for your weapon or engage in another act which can justify deadly force, only then would it be lawful to use deadly force

Of course it varies wildly by state. Always does! ☺️

They also have the right to appeal to a higher court. It’s rare, which is why it was so shocking in the Rittenhouse trial, but legal misconduct does happen and sometimes can even get you a new trial or outright released in the most extreme instances. I don’t predict this being successful here, although I’m sure they will argue the presence outside the court room and national scope of the trial could’ve influenced jurors. Again not really something you expect to work. But it’s their lawyers job to do best by their client, even when they are a murderous dirt bag! Can’t fault the defense attorneys for doing their jobs I supoose

I personally believe the federal civil rights charges are a waste of taxpayer money. They will spend every day of the rest of their lives behind bars. No appeal will change that!
edit on 11/26/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Raw police biody cam from Ahmaud Arbery shooting

posted on Nov, 30 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Strange to see it finally, looks like they were pretty thorough at the scene. For whatever reason, the DA just had no interest in the case. Pathologically disinterested in pursuing charges, whether it’s from past work relationship with Greg or what, her own trial is likely to reveal those details

Good find 👍🏻

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join