It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AKA The Arberry Trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have not been watching much of the trial against three individuals charged with the murder of Ahmad Arberry. To be honest, I have always felt their explanation greatly lacking justification to use deadly force so it has been a belief of mine they were likely to be convicted. But since the case went to the jury, I’ve read at least some sources claiming at least one defendant may walk on the most serious charge.

I can’t say one way or another, but from what I did watch the shooter admitted Arberry did not threaten him.

Haven’t read much on here about this trial, and since it’s now with the jury, maybe you folks will have a more informed opinion.

For those who have watched, care to share your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
PS… I call it the Arberry Trial but obviously Mr. Arberry is not the one on trial. I merely use this because that’s how it is known in MSM, and there are a few to keep track of these days

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If they weren't threatened they got no reason to use deadly force...if they after the Rittenhouse case that was solely based on his right to self-defense once attacked, let these yahoos get a lesser sentence or walk it isn't gonna be good.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Haven’t follow closely but given the fact that one of the defendants was seeking a plea deal last Friday it doesn’t look like it’s going to be good for those charged.

Also the fact that they got rejected by the prosecutor also leave me to believe these guys are gonners.

edit on 23-11-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The short version is Mr Ahmaud Arbery was pursued by 3 white men in vehicles after he was observed fleeing an under-construction residence, his specific activities unknown but the assumption being he was a thief. Mr Arbery was unarmed when they caught up to him and after a brief confrontation, he was shot point blank by Travis McMichael.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they are going to get the Chauvin treatment. I don't think they meant to kill Arberry, but without additional video evidence, I don't think they will walk. I haven't followed all the details but it sounds like Arberry was definitely burglarizing homes (although to the uninformed, he was just jogging). Looks like gun went off when struggling with Arberry.

This case is why you don't try to apprehend people. Just call the police.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Unfortunately, they are going to get the Chauvin treatment.

More likely they'll get the "Goerge Zimmerman" treatment. Or a Hung Jury.

I haven't followed all the details but it sounds like Arberry was definitely burglarizing homes

Nothing was ever stolen from Larry English's construction site, that Ahmaud Arbery stopped and checked out while on his runs. There had been some stuff stolen from a boat, that was kept at the dock behind the property, but English didn't know when it was stolen, or even if it was stolen from the site, as the boat was used quite often. He said that he suspected his subcontractors. He never even reported it to the police because he didn't know when or where the stuff went missing.

but without additional video evidence

There's lots of video evidence.

Ahmaud Arbery had been cornered by two trucks and three men, after William Bryan manuvered his truck, trying to hit/run Arbery off the road 4 times. Arbery was trying to escape, not engage 3 white men with guns yelling racial slurs at him and telling him they was "gonna blow his f...ing head off"!

What is on display is the in your face racism from jury selection to asking the judge to ban black pastors from the court room to blaming Arbery for his own murder because he had "long dirty toenalis"! www.foxnews.com...

Bryan told police Travis McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from his shotgun left Arbery dead in the street in the Satilla Shores neighborhood in February
www.cnn.com...

When Travis McMichael did call 911 and the operator said "911.... What's your emergency?" He said "There's a black man running down the road"!

edit on 24-11-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   

From my understanding this is the most truly racist murder in the US that has gathered public attention in the past few years. Absolutely despicable stuff.

Let ‘em swing for it.
edit on 24112021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 24112021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ahmaud was shot more than once, with a pump shotgun, so, pretty deliberate, they kind of ran him out and confronted him, he tried to get away, dude confronted him with the shotty, Ahmaud grabbed for it, the rest is history.

It's been a hard trial to watch, so I have only caught bits, the audio is very low. Mostly it's been one lawyer asking for mistrials, for one reason or another. 1st time was because Jesse Jackson was with the family, in the gallery. But there was no fuss being made, there was no issue really, the judge wasn't even aware it was JJ. And made a few other attempts for lacklustre reasons. I know the defence fought the judges jury instructions, they figured would be a killing shot to their case, so, not looking good..for them.

I personally think they are guilty.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I haven't really been following the Arberry trial at all, but based on what I know, I see no parallels between this case and Kyle's. Kyle was the one being chased, while the defendants in the Arberry trial were the ones doing the chasing. They said that they thought Arberry had stolen stuff, but he was obviously empty-handed. Arberry was also not threatening any of the defendants' lives. I feel it was perfectly reasonable for Arberry to try to disarm Travis McMichael considering how trying to escape was not working out for him.

I think these citizen's arrest laws should be eliminated. There is no reason why a group of people should be able to legally chase someone and ultimately shoot them just because they suspect there was some kind of criminal activity that didn't even affect them. When the suspected criminal is not a threat to your life or is not inside your house, it is sufficient enough to just get a picture of them and let the police deal with it.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

From my understanding this is the most truly racist murder in the US that has gathered public attention in the past few years. Absolutely despicable stuff.

Let ‘em swing for it.

What are the facts that you suggest this is racially motivated?
My understanding is an individual tried to disarm another individual and ended up dead.

I've not been following the case close enough to speak with any authority. But I do understand these individuals should not have been chasing him. But I also recognize once you try to disarm another individual there is some question in regards to self defense and assault.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

But I also recognize once you try to disarm another individual there is some question in regards to self defense and assault.

Simply pointing a gun at someone is aggravated assault under Georgia law. If non-law enforcement is chasing you, and then points a gun at you, it is self-defense to try to disarm them.
edit on 24 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

But I also recognize once you try to disarm another individual there is some question in regards to self defense and assault.

Simply pointing a gun at someone is aggravated assault under Georgia law. If non-law enforcement is chasing you, and then points a gun at you, it is self-defense to try to disarm them.

I am not up on this trial. Was there a pointing of gun before the altercation? From what I saw from pretrial was there was no pointing until the altercation.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Prosecutor Challenges Assailant On Whether Arberry Posed A Threat

Before Travis McMichael pointed his gun at Ahmaud Arbery, Mr. Arbery had not yelled at him or brandished a weapon, Mr. McMichael acknowledged under cross-examination.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

As mentioned above, the fact a call was made to 911 about a black guy running down the road and the use of racial slurs is a decent indication of some racial motivation. That coupled with the fact Ahmad was allegedly found empty handed (sure, he could of dropped some goods but what exactly is he going to steal from a construction site, a pallet of bricks?) also alludes to innocence and an assumption made on behalf of the accused.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I did watch the state's case but missed the defense as I was on vacation. I can say I have been impressed by the judge. Extremely professional and calm.

In closing arguments the prosecution laid out each charge/law and why it was broken. The main thing is the defense is stating it was a citizens arrest. The defendents never once said this to Mr. Arbery, nor to the police, they also had to have direct knowledge of a felony crime being committed, which they did not. They stated "he must have done something".

They told him to "stop before I blow your mf head off". As the prosecutor stated it's a free country, no one can chase you "trap him like a rat" and demand they speak to you. 3 white men, 2 with guns chasing a black man down in a truck with confederate plates. No wonder he didn't stop.

She clearly stated that you cannot claim self defense when committing a crime. She gave the example that you cannot rob a store and have a gun pointed at clerk, then if the clerk defends himself, the robber can't claim self defense when he shoots the clerk.

Hard to say. The defense struck 8 black jurors the last day before trial and wished he had more "bubbas" on the jury. The underlying racism was strong in this trial. They are guilty but we will see what the jury thinks.
edit on 24-11-2021 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

From what I understand there is no citizen arrest clause in Georgia. Security guards can't even hold people. All they should have done is observe and report because that is all the law affords non-police members.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Police in CA wont care at all, unless what he stole was worth more than a 1000.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I can’t say one way or another, but from what I did watch the shooter admitted Arberry did not threaten him.

The moron also admitted he did not witness a felony taking place or have immediate knowledge of one taking place which would have permitted a citizen's arrest.

Have fun in prison, scumbags, hope you have a soap on a rope.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder why the MSM isnt pumping this case like they did the Rittenhouse case.

This wasnt self defense, this is murder. Even if the guy had stolen something from a construction site.

I guess its not as controversial, so they cant get emotions stirred up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join