It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upset about Rittenhouse trial, or just uninformed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

But opinion pieces aren’t news!!!

Is like me saying that Hannity and Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives. They might speak for those who are draws to their ideas and opinions. They aren’t journalists though as Fox News has stated multiple times in courts.

Yes, I understand. But when the leaders of the United States are basing their opinions on lies and not on facts, it's a problem. Where did they get those lies from?

This is kind of like an egg/chicken situation.

Politicians lie all the time and manipulate and create news cycles. By you saying that MSM feeds lies to our leaders you are absolving them to a degree of their own responsibility of speaking the truth. That been said I refer to my previous post in regards to people presented the same set of info and drawing different conclusions/opinions. It happens all the time in politics and outside politics.

so knowing that, why are you trying to argue against the OP? that's exactly what it's about. People forming opinions based on MSM lies. the only other way to get information is the trial itself, or to listen to others who are as uninformed as the MSM. And again, it's not just "politics" when the President, Vice president, and members of their cabinet are all spreading lies and badly formed opinions to the world. They may well have contributed to the horrific actions of the SUV driver killing those people at the parade.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You know… I was born with the skill of making my own conclusion when presented with information. It might be something hard to grasp for you so let me explain you how it works.

1. I sit down and watch reads some news.
2. I process the information paying close attention to the details presented.
3. My mind starts to formulate a thought about the information presented.
4. I might look for additional information if I think I have some knowledge gaps about the information presented.
5. I come to my own conclusion/opinion based of the information I gather.

You should try it sometime… is very satisfying.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw a #whiteprivilege attached to this story because a white man killed two people and was found not guilty. So I guess oj is a white man now? I guess the white privilege of the three attackers was to get shot?

I don't like the violence. It is beneath us. But I find the stupidity and irony truly offensive. If Rittenhouse was a white supremacist out exercising white privilege the people he shot would have been minorities. But he wasn't out hunting like some morons believe. He was trying to defend locals from violent armed rioters and looters and was forced to defend himself in the process. Anyone who doesn't understand that just slipped into the sub-human category. Enjoy your new home. You are now wildlife, which is one step above vermin.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Neither.
The people that are upset about the verdict are just upset with the situation. They hate AK15's,,,,ha,,, and more so when it's at a social justice protest.

They try to paint Kyle as a bad seed but turn his assailants into heros ignoring their criminal past.
They say he shouldn't have been there but ignore that his assailants shouldn't have been there.
They say he shouldn't have had a gun but ignore that his assailant was a felon with a gun.

Feelings trump everything else for some people and this whole trial is a perfect example.

edit on 22-11-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You know… I was born with the skill of making my own conclusion when presented with information. It might be something hard to grasp for you so let me explain you how it works.

4. I might look for additional information if I think I have some knowledge gaps about the information presented.

You're deflecting again!

I don't need to try anything. I already do those things, hence my posts here. I loathe the media, ALL the media. But I didn't ask about your news gathering skills. I asked about your statement that it was "clear" from sources like CNN and MSNBC that Rittenhouse had a "Strong self-defense case".

My point here, in case you missed it, is, while you (or I) may intake more than one source before forming an opinion, that there are literally millions of others in this country who do not do this. For them CNN or MSNBC is their final word in "News". You allege it was "clear" from these sources that Rittenhouse had a "Strong self-defense case".

Prove it! (I don't think you can).

ETA - And furthermore, I believe the exact opposite to be true! I believe sources like CNN and MSNBC did everything in their power to make it seem like:
a.) The jury was misguided
b.) The prosecution was prevented from doing their job properly
c.) The laws were poorly written
d.) Rittenhouse got off on a technicality
e.) The people have a right to be rioting, looting and burning s# down
f.) This is yet another example of White Privilege
g.) This is why organizations like BLM should exist
h.) This is why Marxism, and NOT a Democratic Republic, is the proper way to govern this country.
edit on 11/22/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That you are saying the backlash is due lies from MSM or something to that effect.

People are going to disagree about something for all kinds of reasons. The main backlash I see regarding the outcome of the case is about the “message” it sends.

To me the message is clear, try to injure someone with a weapon and that person can legally defend themselves. Other people specially in the left have a problem with that and it comes way before the Rittenhouse trial… probably way before he was even born.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Neither.
The people that are upset about the verdict are just upset with the situation. They hate AK15's,,,,ha,,, and more so when it's at a social justice protest.

They try to paint Kyle as a bad seed but turn his assailants into heros ignoring their criminal past.
They say he shouldn't have been there but ignore that his assailants shouldn't have been there.
They say he shouldn't have had a gun but ignore that his assailant was a felon with a gun.

Feelings trump everything else for some people and this whole trial is a perfect example.

I think the your first paragraph pretty much sums up the backlash. And this isn’t a new sentiment on many corners of the left.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Their are people that have no idea of the facts and support the verdict!

Which is exactly the way it should be in ALL cases.

You should never just assume that the Justice System has failed. That conclusion should only be reached by someone who does know all the facts, yet still disagrees with the outcome.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

That you are saying the backlash is due lies from MSM or something to that effect.

People are going to disagree about something for all kinds of reasons. The main backlash I see regarding the outcome of the case is about the “message” it sends.

To me the message is clear, try to injure someone with a weapon and that person can legally defend themselves. Other people specially in the left have a problem with that and it comes way before the Rittenhouse trial… probably way before he was even born.

If they aren't getting their information from the trial, where do you think they are getting their information from?

(this brings us full circle back to the OP)

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So Your saying You watched completely negative news on a subject and came to a positive conclusion? Seriously, point out one article or video from either of Your "watching points" shows anything not negative about Kyle.

BTW How do We tell Opinion Piece from Actual News now? Isn't all news just somebodies opinion?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I’m the proof!!! Lol!! Here telling you that from watching CNN and MSNBC reporting on the Rittenhouse case I deducted it was a strong self defense case.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

You said, "MSNBC and from the beginning it was clear that this was a strong self defense case"

"Little murderous white supremacist"

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

So you could determine the facts about the case even while only getting your info from CNN and MSNBC, yet you still can't figure out what this thread is about.

It's not about you. It's about the uninformed people who believe the little lies they repeatedly hear from the MSM.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Their are people that have no idea of the facts and support the verdict!

Which is exactly the way it should be in ALL cases.

You should never just assume that the Justice System has failed. That conclusion should only be reached by someone who does know all the facts, yet still disagrees with the outcome.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

If someone supports the Rittenhouse verdict and don’t understand the facts of the case and draws the wrong conclusion you could potentially have a potential mass murder situation happen next time these group meet.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I’m the proof!!! Lol!! Here telling you that from watching CNN and MSNBC reporting on the Rittenhouse case I deducted it was a strong self defense case.

The ONLY way you could have "deducted", or deduced, this would have been if you watched the ineptitude of the prosecution during the actual trial. You could have NEVER deduced this from watching the talking heads on CNN or MSNBC!

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So you could determine the facts about the case even while only getting your info from CNN and MSNBC, yet you still can't figure out what this thread is about.

It's not about you. It's about the uninformed people who believe the little lies they repeatedly hear from the MSM.

You guys think is the MSM and I’m telling you is not and I’m a leftist. The main problem many on the left has with the Rittenhouse verdict goes back to the gun culture. That’s about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Ok whatever bro!! Now you get to dictate how I think and formulate my opinions?! … Great!!

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that many commenting here listened to all the testimony, paying as much attention as the jury did. I know I didn't. The jury said not guilty. That is the end of it, except maybe a civil lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

One would think,however a lot of idiots think their opinions are more important than a jury's.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You guys think is the MSM and I’m telling you is not and I’m a leftist. The main problem many on the left has with the Rittenhouse verdict goes back to the gun culture. That’s about it.

the main problem is the left/MSM is using this to drive a narrative that isn't true. They are trying to create a racial divide where none exists. This wasn't about "white supremacy", as you have said. I guess I am confused as to why and how you feel it's morally correct to stand up for the media in this case. They are not only lying, they are purposefully driving more wedges between the people and creating anger. Yes, those with working brain cells saw enough information from the trial to show this was self defence. But sadly, there are many, primarily on the left, without those tools available.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join