It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow Is Biden now anti Japanese

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Freeborn

Just because someone dislikes Trump and his policies it doesn't mean that they automatically like and approve of Biden and his policies....you do understand that, don't you?

The US media would have you believe if you don't support Biden you are automatically a Trump supporter.

idiots.

www.newsweek.com...

Ya, a lot of people here do that too..what, don't like Trump, then you must love Biden. It's just super lazy thinking. I think they both suck, for different reasons.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

the idea that disliking one does not equate to liking the other

This is something more people need to remember in political discussion. For many its not a matter of liking either one. Its disliking one less than the other, the lesser of two evils. Its a lousy choice when considering a world leader, but its what we have to work with until the system changes.

I don't think biden is trying to intentionally kill the Japanese economy. I think it will be collateral damage from his attempts to kill our own economy. A major economic reset has been on the horizon in this country for a while now. There are certain entities who will profit greatly by this reset and thus are trying to make it happen. We have been able to maintain a certain distance from it by pumping the economy full of credit to keep the currency flowing. But ultimately you can not solve a credit problem by adding more credit.

Capitalism as we know it today, while once was wildly successful, is now a failure. We have created a system and limitless wants and perceived needs that is butting heads with finite resources. That mindset is no longer sustainable. Ever increasing demand is fighting a war with depletion and depletion is winning. In that respect the system we created has failed.

I am not advocating abandoning capitalism. But in order to retain it we will have to seriously retool it or it will eventually fall by the wayside. We need to stop wasting time on false promises and magic bean technology that doesn't exist. Wind turbines were great but no one thought about what to do with the blades, which can not be recycled. We are flooding landfills with them and that will only get worse. We lower the carbon footprint while using the turbines, but making and transporting the blades, maintaining the turbines, de-icing, and disposal, all add back to the carbon footprint. When all is said and done I would be surprised if we managed to break even.

Now global warming is driving a mad dash to electric vehicles with little to no consideration of the carbon cost of mining the lithium, battery failure, and disposal of hazardous materials. Even worse is that we have a power grid that is incapable of providing enough power to charge that may cars and sustain households and businesses at the same time.

The future of our nation will depend on people's ability to be happy with less. For this generation that is a foreign concept. Older generations have lived through a couple recessions, even a great depression. We know it can be done, but it is painful none the less. In the great depression 35 million out of the 120 million people in this country, nearly 30%, lived in a family where no one had a job. Today that would be catastrophic.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Speak for yourself.

I am speaking for myself....its quite clearly my opinion that I'm stating.

I didn't like Trump.
I don't like Biden.

My opinions.

What could possibly be any clearer than that?

edit on 14/10/21 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Its disliking one less than the other, the lesser of two evils. Its a lousy choice when considering a world leader, but its what we have to work with until the system changes.

Finally, someone who seems to get it.

We have had exactly the same problem here in the UK in recent years.
The options have been truly appalling.

The only reason Boris Johnson and his Conservative Party were elected at our last General Election was that the only other viable alternative was an even worse option.
And that is a damning indictment on this country and its political and electoral system.

The thing is about waiting until 'the system changes' is that unless we force it to change it won't.
The political elites have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

You give quite a brutal and refreshingly honest assessment of the situation we are currently in.
To be honest I've never really heard it expressed in such a clear, concise and vivid manner,

Its certainly food for thought.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The issue is that the dislike of Trump really did seem to be less of a "this is destroying people's livlihoods, the nation's prosperity and interests, and attacking the Constitution" and more "I don't personally like Trump, he's a weasel" which is fine BUT at the end of the day it's apparent that we had 2 choices:
1. Elect a POTUS that some folks personally despised but who was overall a competent leader and steward of this country's freedoms and prosperity.
2. Elect a POTUS that some folks personally despise and who is an incompetent leader that is passing policies and positions that are proving to be extremely detrimental to this country's freedoms and prosperity.

That's where this country effed itself... the POTUS race shouldn't be a personal popularity contest, it should be a "who is least likely to bend the nation over a barrel and go to town on her" contest and, so far, Biden has raped the piss out of the United States of America in essentially every way imaginable.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: vonclod

The issue is that the dislike of Trump really did seem to be less of a "this is destroying people's livlihoods, the nation's prosperity and interests, and attacking the Constitution" and more "I don't personally like Trump, he's a weasel" which is fine BUT at the end of the day it's apparent that we had 2 choices:
1. Elect a POTUS that some folks personally despised but who was overall a competent leader and steward of this country's freedoms and prosperity.
2. Elect a POTUS that some folks personally despise and who is an incompetent leader that is passing policies and positions that are proving to be extremely detrimental to this country's freedoms and prosperity.

That's where this country effed itself... the POTUS race shouldn't be a personal popularity contest, it should be a "who is least likely to bend the nation over a barrel and go to town on her" contest and, so far, Biden has raped the piss out of the United States of America in essentially every way imaginable.

Fair points for the most part, Biden is a real mess no doubt. Trump should of just stayed away from the twitter, and kept his mouth shut once in awhile. Unfortunately, these days, it's all a popularity contest.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
But, what did he do? Can you point to something?

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I didn't like most of his policies.

I don't like the man, what he stands for and what he represents.
He's arrogant, ignorant, egotistical and disrespectful.
He tries to use his power and money to bully people.

I could go on, but this thread isn't about Trump.

I have reasons why I don't like Biden as well.

In my opinion, not that it counts for anything, I don't think either of them are doing/have done anything other than harm the USA's reputation on the international stage.
The USA and its people deserve better.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That, as it is proving, was the case. The choices were as you described.

I voted third party. Because I knew that Biden was a disaster waiting to happen, and I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump...

I suspect that that is what cost him the election. People like myself thought he was a jerk, and jackass, etc...and just couldn't vote for him.

But, I'll be the first to admit, that he did a better job than I ever thought he would...but damn, the personality just turned me off totally.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Following up on my post from page 1, Evergrande, the second largest Chinese property developer, just defaulted on $226 million in debts after failing to sell its $1.7 billion dollar office complex to the State. The ripple in the market will be felt in early trading on Monday.

Evergrande is currently holding roughly $300 billion in debt. Ideally, the ripple could be, at least in theory, a gage for what to expect if/when Evergrande defaults on the entire $300 billion. In reality it is unlikely that the effect of the ripple will accurately predict the effect of a much larger default due to the immense disparity in size.

Evergrande has already missed interest and coupon payments and is facing $37.3 billion in short-term offshore loans. All together, not even counting marketing and human resources, Evergrande does not have enough finished properties in its entire portfolio to cover its debts.

This will not be pretty.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

From my perspective, as someone who lives here, he was nothing like a "horrible" President.

No, he wasn't the GREATEST, BESTEST EVER, by any stretch...but he did pretty well. My 401k loved him. My gasoline expenses loved him.

His problem was he didn't care what people said about him, nor was he shy in expressing himself. It was hurt feelz more than anything else--IMNSHO.

Many will disagree.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
well bidden is with china.
i feel sorry for the chinese people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join