It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge calls for Justice Dept. civil rights probe into D.C. jail’s treatment of Jan. 6 detainees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
So ATS is going to champion Justice Reform and no longer Back The Blue? Welcome to the resistance. Your Antifa card will come in the mail and don't forget to sign up for the potluck.

Trump already passed a Justice Reform, you still hated him. His policies even got black unemployment to record lows, you still hated him. Don't try to point your finger and pass your insecurities off on everyone else.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: Vector99

What do I take from your post?

That conservatives were fine with been krill for the whale government police state as long as the violent state injustices where directed towards black and brown people. Now that government injustices are targeting conservatives you come here to your safe space to whine about it.

I’m been telling this to my conservative friends for decades… injustice for one is injustice for all!

But some people really need to experience first hand to understand it… so again welcome to the club.
You just made absolutely zero sense. congratulations.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: network dude

The ones who have been released on house arrest or whatever have had judges allow them to travel to Mexico on vacation, out of state to weddings, football games, etc. Some of those currently jailed made it plain they wouldn't comply with terms of release.

Some of those released still aren't complying and have not been sent back to jail.

You're really surprised by jail conditions? You've never heard of the young man jailed for two years without trial over a backpack they couldn't even prove he stole? Who was treated so poorly he ended up killing himself when finally released?

Poor treatment and conditions are not new. I'm sorry if my sarcasm offended you.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you've done time.

You know the motto, do the crime do the time. Jail isn't supposed to be nice for a reason, it's a freaking punishment for committing a crime, and guess who you will meet in there? Other people that have committed crimes...

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Good. Any investigation into the horrid conditions of this country's prisons is a good thing. Because guess what? What these protesters are experiencing isn't politically motivated or targeted. This is SOP for these hellholes and most people just want to sweep it under the rug because people believe criminals don't deserve to be treated like humans.

Really?... Is that why your lovely democrat leaders have been caught being the most corrupt people on the planet yet they don't pay for those crimes?... Is that why Antifa, BLM, etc did murder police officers, murdered business owners, murdered Trump supporters, injured thousands of police officers around the U.S., and looted and burned businesses and democrat cities yet your democrat leaders called those people "mostly peaceful protesters," and claimed "they are the real patriots" meanwhile those same democrat leaders called for bailing out the most violent members of Antifa, BLM, etc?...

Did the FBI, and Federal agencies labeled every single person that was backing BLM, Antifa, etc, in the riots as "domestic terrorists"?...

Did democrats demand that every person whom was at any of BLM, Antifa riots should be labeled as a domestic terrorist and that all of them should go to their nearest police station to turn themselves in?...

Stop lying... You are not really good at it although you do it a lot...

edit on 14-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You got proof of them serving time? no? then you open up routes to be sued for slander.

Yes jails are not fun,but they are also to be used to rehabilitate. Rarely is this done these days because they want to have repeat offenders.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Uh no I haven't. My reply was to someone else complaining that the treatment of some of the Jan 6th crew is inhumane. Those that were not violent are being allowed to go on vacations. I personally doubt you or I would be allowed to do that. I'm unsure though as I haven't committed any crimes.

As for the rest who are still jailed, no its not nice, it's not supposed to be. And for any extreme, inhumane treatment, it's been going on for ages, just seems like now that it affects a certain group, all of a sudden that matters.

I believe you interpreted my post wrong. It seems as if we have the same belief on this.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Tell that to the man in horns. I keep forgetting his name. He was at no moment violent. He even politely asked Capitol officers if he could go deeper into the Capitol, and he took selfies with Capitol police officers. But he has been in jail since he was detained in February and in isolation, and has been branded an extremist/domestic terrorist.

Many of the protestors whom did not resort to violence, but talked to other protestors in jail to get lawyers and tell them what they were going through and those people were put in isolation...

Tell that to the grandma, and her daughter whom were peaceful, the large majority of protestors did not commit any violence and were indeed peaceful, yet the Washington D.C. judge wanted to throw the book at them, and even made her read Schindler's list and then write a commentary about what she read for some strange reason.

Like the above three, many others whom were not violent have been treated the same way. EVREYONE that was close at the Capitol, even those outside, and were Trump supporters have been treated unfairly.

Non-violent protestors have been in jail. They have been branded as "domestic terrorists" for PROTESTING. Also remember that many of those protestors were minorities, including blacks and committed no violence. Yet they all have been branded as domestic terrorists, put in the no fly list, and have been imprisoned since this all started.

I can't remember if it was the man in the op, but one of the protestors has cancer, and since he has been in prison, since February, he hadn't been given his meds, or treatments which he has been supposed to get. This is ILLEGAL, yet the Biden criminal administration and their thugs are making it legal to go after "political opponents" and branding us as domestic terrorists for daring not back Biden and his criminal thugs.

I have stated several times those whom did attack officers, broke windows, and committed violence should be punished. But EVERYONE that was there that day was mandated to turn themselves in to their nearest police station. Federal authorities tagged everyone's phone and used that, even if they were outside, to go after these people.

If this had happened to EVERYONE that has ever been at a BLM, Antifa riot you all leftists/anti-Trumpers would be protesting about it and it would be shown 24/7 in the mainstream media of lies... and with good reason (not the lies but that everyone in BLM, Antifa, riots that did not resort to violence being labeled as terrorists, being arrested, etc should not happen.

Heck, there were anti-Trumpers in BLM, and Antifa riots whom did not commit violence, but incited violence, and many of you claimed those people were peaceful...

edit on 15-10-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join