It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the aggressor

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Nyiah

Let me try to focus on this thought of yours

"General You" here denoting a general comment to the general masses consuming the syllables typed up on the screen.

Accepting this definition of the ''general you'', I wonder at just where this general you is to be found. Is it to be found by the general masses consuming the syllables typed up on the screen? Maybe, but the ''you'' meaning ''general masses'' here on ats are for the most part deemed to be anti-vax, anti-mask. So ATS anti-maskers would not be the ''general masses'' in this case.

As I pointed out somewhere else in this thread it's not likely to be the ''general masses'' of those who are perceived as being the ''aggressors'' named because in all likelihood none of them will be reading this small thread in this small website.

So either this ''general you'' is either directed at some ''you'' rather than '' us'' who frequent this forum or it is a simple rant that belongs in the rant forum and not the mud pit that invites rebuttals. So I adopted the roll of ''you'' rather than one of the many ''us'' and rather than just give claps on the back and ''attaboys'' offered a small amount of rebuttal.

Again, supposing that I took this personally is rather disappointing.

TL
R YOU voluntarily assumed the role of aggressor and in doing so became the aggressor in question.

Your Schlick is tired, see through, vanity driven BS. All you wanted to do was stir the pot. YOU are an unoriginal internet troll in an online sea of trolls making YOU nothing unique, nothing special, nothing original. In other words, YOU are worthless.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OP,

I got your six...

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bingo.

His intention was clear. Then when he got called out about playing victim he doubled down and played victim over that claiming he was just being a devils advocate.

It’s Mickey Mouse trolling 101 from a simpleton who believes he’s the smartest one in the thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Oh goodness. You not only failed to prove your point with that link, you now prove the falseness of your claims of ignoring my posts. Again and again and again.

Which is all you’re really after in the first place, a reaction, an I got ya, which is ironically what you accuse the OP of that YOU just had to give him to prove your point, right?

Every comment you make further validates you’re a narcissistic jackass.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

Most of the people around here don't like me? Oh the horrors. The ATS Mutual Admiration Society is put off by my posting? Oh well. I'll try harder to, you know, fit in.

Please excuse me now as our OP is calling. He has failed once again to back up his claim that he ignores my posts. Likely he will post something like, oh, I don't know, maybe how I continue to make this all about me.

It’s never been more obvious being a # stirrer is the only way you know how to get attention, engagement and reactions. You’re desperate for anyone to acknowledge you exist even in a negative context. Again, YOU are the most common waste of life in this universe, YOU are every where these days and that’s one of the BIGGEST problems we have in society.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It’s so blatantly obvious why YOU got triggered, by “you”. Clearly YOU are the kind of person that goes around and meddles in other peoples business, antagonizing people for reactions, thinking you’re intellectually talking down to people you believe to be too dumb to realize it. YOU are 100% the type of person I associate with the action laid out in the original post.

You’re insufferable and probably too much of a coward to act this way in real life because YOU know how fast someone like US would treat you like that proverbial “you”.

Hope you’re all hopped up on the dopamine you got off all of this attention.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: projectvxn

So, what’s your main gripe?

Wearing makes in public places? Aren’t the owners of those establishments allowed the choice to set their own rules for the safety of their employees and others? Or, do you think they should follow an ultimatum?

Before this pandemic did you cry about the vaccines you needed for jobs or school? The ultimatum?

Not buying your whine.

Your signature says it all.

Stop with the bad faith manipulation. How many businesses that require masks do so by CHOICE and not because local government mandates it???? What other vaccine is MANDATORY? None.

You can have exemptions and go to school without any other vaccine. Who has EVER had to show proof of vaccine for ANY job pre COVID??? None.

You’re a thoughtless lemming who’s own arguments have zero substance. Put your 50 masks on take your cocktail of “vaccines” and stfu already and get on with your lives. Stop trying to control and tell other people what they should be doing.

It’s not rational, logistical, feasible, logical or going to end well for ANYONE.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GFBufCA

An annomous poster on an obscure little website goes ballistic in defense of what he considers to be his freedoms by calling out to ''you'' who are oppressing me. That '' you '' has the appearance of being a broad and generalized '' you'' from whom he is defending.

My question in reading it was simple. Just who is this '' you'' >Was it anyone outside of this forum? No because it was not posted anywhere else that I know of, it was posted here.

So, to who might that rant have been directed. Who would be reading it. Those who frequent this site.

So I look at this site. What is the prevailing thinking about the mask here, about the vax here? It has a very strong appearance of being anti mask and anti vax. And very strong is in itself a very weak description. Checking out the long list of mask and vax threads here over the last say, 6 months will demonstrate just exactly how lop sided the discussion is here. Point to one thread where someone headlines ''you should wear a mask and it will be lost in the sea of anti-mask threads to follow.

So who was it that was being addressed in the OP. Who might it be? It could only be the overwhelming number of anti-maskers who would be reading that post. Overwhelming? Yes,let's take a quick look, well not so quick as I will have to do a little addition here to make this point. I'll be right back

Not a perfect count but cursory. Around 250 stars in appreciation of the main post. Until the post I put up came along and broke the trend with a simple 6. Now here you may wish to interject that I"m just pissed that I didn't get a bunch of stars as well. Feel free to do so if that is your desire, but does it make any sense? Of course it doesn't. Why would I post anything on these forums if that was my goal, to get stars?

So, back to the overwhelming support of anti-mask sentiment to be found on these boards. The identity of the '' you'' can only be one of two groups. Maskers and anti-maskers and we already know the make up of members here who starred and flagged the thread.

So either it was directed at anyone of those few who starred that post that I put up or it was directed at the myriad of members who starred the other posts.

It seemed rather clear to me at the time that it was the latter. But not wanting to blatantly call out our OP for not only preaching to the choir, or even more, pandering to the house, or worse yet, virtue signaling to a base of willing supporters, I chose to use a hypothetical position, that I was not the '' you'' in question.

And even with that, only half of that post, I stood aside and in the next paragraph called it '' stupid and hyperbolic.

Yet thoughout the thread, all most the only point people have replied to from that post was how I was trying to make this all about ''me''. THere have been accusations of ''highjacking'' and ''gaslighting'' from an array of members when in reality what I have done is reply to those who have chosen to reply with that notion. You know, just like you have.
Had no one replied to that post it would have been lost and never recovered and I would have forgotten it by noon yesterday.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Feel free to understand that previous reply to you or not. Bother yourself with more replies if you like.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Here is the problem:

People who believe that they can only be safe if everyone around them acts as they do - the vaccine doesn't protect *me*; it protects *you* - feel perfectly justified in imposing their will on everyone around them, by force if necessary.

You and knoxie are somewhere on that spectrum.

For myself and the OP, personal liberty demands that we all choose. I may or may not be vaccinated and/or masked as I see fit because I don't need for you or anyone else to do it too in order for me to take responsibility for myself and my safety. Thus, I do not not need to impose my will upon you in any way. You wear a mask? Cool. You don't? Cool. You vaxxed. Great. Not? K, fine; I got mine.

This is 100% how a free society works. Personal responsibility. The freedom to make choices and live with the consequences of those choices. I don’t get vaxed and I die of COVID, so be it, could have just as likely (probably statistically more likely) died in a car accident on the way to my ventilator.
edit on 14-10-2021 by GFBufCA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

An annomous poster on an obscure little website goes ballistic in defense of what he considers to be his freedoms by calling out to ''you'' who are oppressing me. That '' you '' has the appearance of being a broad and generalized '' you'' from whom he is defending.

My question in reading it was simple. Just who is this '' you'' >Was it anyone outside of this forum? No because it was not posted anywhere else that I know of, it was posted here.

So, to who might that rant have been directed. Who would be reading it. Those who frequent this site.

So I look at this site. What is the prevailing thinking about the mask here, about the vax here? It has a very strong appearance of being anti mask and anti vax. And very strong is in itself a very weak description. Checking out the long list of mask and vax threads here over the last say, 6 months will demonstrate just exactly how lop sided the discussion is here. Point to one thread where someone headlines ''you should wear a mask and it will be lost in the sea of anti-mask threads to follow.

So who was it that was being addressed in the OP. Who might it be? It could only be the overwhelming number of anti-maskers who would be reading that post. Overwhelming? Yes,let's take a quick look, well not so quick as I will have to do a little addition here to make this point. I'll be right back

Not a perfect count but cursory. Around 250 stars in appreciation of the main post. Until the post I put up came along and broke the trend with a simple 6. Now here you may wish to interject that I"m just pissed that I didn't get a bunch of stars as well. Feel free to do so if that is your desire, but does it make any sense? Of course it doesn't. Why would I post anything on these forums if that was my goal, to get stars?

So, back to the overwhelming support of anti-mask sentiment to be found on these boards. The identity of the '' you'' can only be one of two groups. Maskers and anti-maskers and we already know the make up of members here who starred and flagged the thread.

So either it was directed at anyone of those few who starred that post that I put up or it was directed at the myriad of members who starred the other posts.

It seemed rather clear to me at the time that it was the latter. But not wanting to blatantly call out our OP for not only preaching to the choir, or even more, pandering to the house, or worse yet, virtue signaling to a base of willing supporters, I chose to use a hypothetical position, that I was not the '' you'' in question.

And even with that, only half of that post, I stood aside and in the next paragraph called it '' stupid and hyperbolic.

Yet thoughout the thread, all most the only point people have replied to from that post was how I was trying to make this all about ''me''. THere have been accusations of ''highjacking'' and ''gaslighting'' from an array of members when in reality what I have done is reply to those who have chosen to reply with that notion. You know, just like you have.
Had no one replied to that post it would have been lost and never recovered and I would have forgotten it by noon yesterday.

It doesn’t matter who the “You” is if it’s not YOU. You’re once again a living embodiment of the actual overriding issue, YOU (and people like you on both sides) NEED to inject yourself and your worth opinions in places that aren’t about you, aren’t interested in hearing from you and aren’t talking to YOU.

But that’s not good enough, because everything must be about YOU even when it’s not, just like what has happened to this entire thread. All because you decided to voluntarily role play as the “YOU” in question to stir the pot and get attention.

You probably tell yourself your a necessity and driving the discourse/engagement on the site. I’m sure you’ve white knighted yourself many times about your purpose here.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hysterical coming from the guy who hijacked the thread and made it all about “Me”.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You exagerate wildly. You extrapolate this incident where one guy working as a security guard shoots another guy.
The guard is Holmes, who is barred from possessing a weapon because he is a four-time convicted felon and registered child sex offender, was working as an armed security guard.

First, what kind of seedy place was he guarding that they would even hire him. And let him have a gun.

However this sounds more like a slinky lawyer, probably court appointed who could come up with nothing else to try to defend this guy with so he figured he would give it a go. The judge basically said ''no not in my court'' and tossed the defense.

You make all sorts of claims about ''You''. I am not ''You'', I am me and I never tell you to get the jab. I never tell you to wear a mask. I don't ban you from society or threaten to put you in concentrations camps. I do not shoot you for not wearing a mask.

Yet, you will come on here and threaten me? You accuse me with no proof that I have done any of those things you say I have done so is it to much of the stretch to believe that you will take anything I say as a threat? You have already accused me of turning deadly with no proof at all that I have. Who's to say that you will not just turn around and erase my memory from Earth just because you mistakenly thought it was me who was doing these things to you.

Stupid reply, of course. And yes it is hyperbolic but ain't that what they entire OP is? Hyperbolic? You seem pissed about the whole world dumping on you and give as the breaking point of your exasperation, this one example of a criminal shooting a guy because his lawyer said it was for not wearing a mask.

Oh wait, maybe I'm off base here. Kyre? Is that you? In that case I understand, loosing what, 15 million because you will not get the vaccine? Never mind, rant on.

I don't think he's talking about YOU.

The vaxxed and the unvaxxed need to stand together against them. It's not about vaxxed vs unvaxxed.

It's about [(Right + Left) Libertarianism] vs [(Right + Left) Authoritarianism]

Libertarians and REAL Liberals (the OLD definition - not the new, hijacked version) need to stand together and forget their horizontal leaning and realize their enemies are Authoritarian in nature - they are taking control and we need to get together and stop this. Peacefully and compassionately.

Compassion is needed because the waking up a sleepwalker is dangerous. The are people that have been thoroughly brainwashed. They have been told by celebrities, politicians, commercials, musicians and MSM for years & years & years, slowly indoctrinating them (trance, hypnosis, suggestion, etc...) that they are the good guys, the benevolent ones, the ones that deserve to be treated well in society, because their ideology is the accepted one - and that we (south of the political equator, ie: Libertarians and OLD-SCHOOL Liberals) are the bad guys. We are racists. We are horrible deplorables. Because we are intolerant. They are so brainwashed that they don't even see the intolerance they are, by accepted definition, practicing & utilizing.
edit on 14-10-2021 by mindpurge because: clarification

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mindpurge

Libertarians and REAL Liberals (the OLD definition - not the new, hijacked version) need to stand together and forget their horizontal leaning and realize these Authoritarians are taking control and we need this to be stopped. Peacefully.

I first began learning about authoritarianism via a liberal perspective. Then the party that espoused the notion of being the party of liberalism began to demonstrate authoritarianism qualities they had always attributed to conservatism. What the hijackers have done to real liberalism I guess is to be expected. I also agree that Libertarian ism is closer to the old school liberalism than modern liberalism is.

The Libertarian Party needs to step up right now. Step up and not only put their foot in the ring, but come up with really plausible candidates. Serious candidates. Surely there must be some sensible Republicans and Democrats who recognize that if we don't find a middle ground now in the body of a real third party, this whole shebang is lost.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mindpurge

Libertarians and REAL Liberals (the OLD definition - not the new, hijacked version) need to stand together and forget their horizontal leaning and realize these Authoritarians are taking control and we need this to be stopped. Peacefully.

I first began learning about authoritarianism via a liberal perspective. Then the party that espoused the notion of being the party of liberalism began to demonstrate authoritarianism qualities they had always attributed to conservatism. What the hijackers have done to real liberalism I guess is to be expected. I also agree that Libertarian ism is closer to the old school liberalism than modern liberalism is.

The Libertarian Party needs to step up right now. Step up and not only put their foot in the ring, but come up with really plausible candidates. Serious candidates. Surely there must be some sensible Republicans and Democrats who recognize that if we don't find a middle ground now in the body of a real third party, this whole shebang is lost.

Tony Blair tried that and look what happened.

US politics is so very binary yet the Republicans are mostly not far right and the Dems are not mostly far left.

Most Americans seem to have no clue what the far left, as we've known it in the UK, actually is.

Corbyn would have them frothing at the mouth and biting the carpet!

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

First, a third party is not likely to happen at this point. Second, even if it did at this point it's likely that it could not get any traction in congress nor do anything real about our problems.

As I see it the Democrats are way to confused and at a loss to do anything that will seriously effect a better or even sustainable future while the Republicans appear to be headed the way of monarchy, which may be an arguably reasonable direction if only they could elevate a sensible king rather than Mad King George.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Closed for Staff review.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

The tit for tat and personal attacks are out of control in this thread. If you can't discuss the topic without it move on, or you will be Posting Banned. This will be the only warning.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Corbyn would have them frothing at the mouth and biting the carpet!

Which is exactly what they are trying to avoid.

Credit where it's due.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Physically attack me and I will cripple you. Simple as that. Threaten my life and I'll kill you. Threaten my family and I will erase your memory from Earth.

Wait, you will KILL someone from exercizing their freedom of speech, but you will only 'cripple' someone (you can't cripple a 'you', by the way, only their physical body) if they PHYSICALLY attack you?

Do you even understand the VAST difference between those two situations? One might be some drunk just slobbering some words out into the air, and you will actually MURDER them? What? Are your medications not working?

Someone actually BREAKS THE LAW by trying to injure you, and you won't murder them? You punish someone MORE severely (and unlawfully) for a completely lawful action, but then do an exaggerated self-defence on someone that ACTUALLY unlawfully attacks you? Have you ever heard the word 'proportion' before?

How exactly do you plan to 'erase someone's memory from Earth'?

I mean, is Earth the one that has 'someone's memory'? Don't people actually have their own, individualistic, separate memories? Also, didn't YOU just threaten others here??

What does it mean in practice? That sentiment can mean so many things - how can anyone 'erase your memory from Earth'? Are you saying you are going to erase someone's memories of the planet Earth that they would otherwise have? Are you saying you can manipulate Akashic records somehow? What the heck are you saying here?

In any case, this kind of advocation and inciting of violence is a dangerous path to go - remember, those that pick up a sword, will sink into sword (I am paraphrasing). Don't be a violent jerk, just learn your karmic lessons and move on. This incarnation won't last forever, it's not worth creating that much bad karma for yourself. If you kill someone, you will be killed in some incarnation. Are you really prepared for that?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join