It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Superman comes out as bisexual in upcoming DC comic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Spartans were gays but were the Supermen of their day

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Dunno, i thought your point was on point and highly salient. In a judeo christian world, it can never hurt to remind of the values that laid the foundation of that world.

All that aside, matters of sex used to be considered a subject not fit for the public. Most adults I know believe being seen in a sexual manner is degrading and denigrating to them as humans, aside from the amorous gaze of their mate. This odd fixation we have with publicizing how we utilize our genitals is just pure absurdity. Bully for you! You do something with your genitalia! Make a post about it, and then create an entire identity around that something so we can all talk about your genitalia like it is a reasonable topic.

I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

As a young gay comic book fan I assure you Superman always was. When Marvel announce a new look for Captain America I was horrified at the design. A gender fluid twink in unflattering coveralls is what they came up with. I was so disgusted I immediately began writing my own comic. So long as he still looks like Superman I'm good. Really tho, I just imagined all the characters as gay...especially aquaman! It's not as if they had explicit sex lives anyway despite what you may have heard about womder woman.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Screw it. Disregard. Y'all have sticks up your asses whilst cringing from sexuality. It's absurd.

Well, it looks like Superman enjoys butt pleasures as well... not that there is anything wrong with that.

Let the sales of said comic determine its viability, if people want to read about Superman and Jimmy Olsen that's fine.

I'm just sure somewhere Lois is going that figures, with Jimmy taking all those pictures of Superman.

I don't believe comics have much of a say. I don't think they should, and I don't like them trying to wedge the foot in the door. Maybe some comics, but DC doing this is dumb and insulting.

Sales of DC comics and Superman have been down for a while now. Personally I was a marvel fan but have moved to Image.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I played The Sims games for years, and I liked to run huge neighborhoods with extended dynasties of families, and I did like to have a certain underpinning of some reality in there.

So there was a mod that allowed you set chances of various Sims to be sexually oriented in certain ways. I looked up the numbers and set them after what the actual percentages are supposed to be in reality.

Do you know how many LBGT Sims I ended up with? Very, very few although I did have some, but it wasn't nearly as many as you see in popular media of all kinds today where every single thing has to have the LGBT+BBQ character in order to "represent".

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I only ever figure out cool ways to kill them. Or have their kids seized by child services. Really should try to get around to playing sims 4. Mine were straight mostly too but that was more for the fashions.
edit on 12-10-2021 by ConcernedCanadian because: Some of the words written in anti-matter needed clarification and study.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The problem is that the woke voices are moving into every area of culture they can. They don't actually really buy comics in any great numbers any more than they buy video games. They're just mad that those things aren't "woke" enough for them, so they screech and screech until they get what they want, and then they ruin them and people who really buy those things stop in large numbers and those things die.
edit on 12-10-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Shoot. I was sure it was going to be Batman and Robin.

Lost that pool. Oh well.

So Lex Luthor?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I set up a hood where I force the citizens to get mandatory injections and constantly raise taxes until they either suicide or try to flee. At that point I instruct the police to chase down citizens trying to move away with vaccine dart guns and angry ass dogs and put them back in there place. Mwahaha oh wait 🤔

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Supergay! another casualty of the woketards...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

No. They think Batman ought to be remade is if he grew up a poor kid from the hood. It's like they don't stop and think that Batman as a character concept works *because* Wayne is super rich and uses his wealth to buy all kinds of tech to bolster his personal abilities.

No matter how well-trained, Hood Batman wouldn't have that.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Dude, get off Thanksgiving, it's Thanksgiving. Nobody gives a flying # about the history of it anymore, not even me, because it's a family & Get Fatter holiday. Give it up already.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In all honesty, I don’t have a single issue with gay superheroes at all. The issue I have is all the remakes of something old into this woke ideal. It’s like they’re re-writing things like they’re rewriting history and it’s just unnecessary. You may not agree with the past or like it, don’t apologize for it and don’t rewrite it; accept it for what it is and be a vehicle for change going forward. Write about a unique new character that’s gay or transgender. I mean Superman still has the Superman name... like why still have the connection? Is DC saying it’s not worth it to them to expend the creative effort and energy to reimagine a new character and world? If I was gay I’d be so offended. DC is just pathetic.

Like the all women Ghostbusters. I’m a woman and I refused to watch it. Just :stfu...

edit on 10/13/2121 by IWant2Believe323 because: too many stop signs

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

pretty odd , but like what relevance does their sexual preference or orientation have when fighting the battle of good vs evil ?

do we need to know whether you like men or women when you are saving the earth ?

have you see the new she ra - nearly every single character is LGBTQI+ , i dont think there is a single heterosexual character , im guessing the new she -ra show wont have any follow ups since there wont be any straight people to produce any new offspring
youtube videos on She-ra and the lesbians of power

when I was a kid reading comics in the 80's there was barely any real focus on love interest in spiderman , superman , yes they had the odd peter parker maryjane love interest, and the odd one about clark kent and lois lane but its not like it was the main focus of every episode , it was a sub plot to their conundrum it was always like it was second to the main plot , the love interest would be used as bait to lure the hero in and that was it
no real emphasis on their sexuality , it was mostly about the evil doer vs the hero and the duels

now it seems that comics these days are just all about the sexuality of the character as what defines them as a being

so supermans son is defined as

BI
SuperHero
Kryptonian

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens are androgynous and this is all just a prerequisite to disclosure.
edit on 13-10-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You know a decade ago kids where into vampires and werewolves and every other movie and TV show used that theme... now LGBTQ is "hip"

Did they ever make Superman a werewolf?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think you make a good point on the son, to build on that, it should be a spin off.

We could have 100 Superman Movies, they don’t have to form his life, he doesn’t need to grow up, they don’t have to follow each other, he can be reborn, made in HD or in black and white.

This one is about his son, tomorrow he may never of had a gay son, it doesn’t matter.

Just press hype and divisiveness.

Personally I havnt watched a Superman movie since number 3 or whenever Christopher Reece left, would I watch a Superman’s Son, no, would I watch a new Superman, like a whole new one that starts from him being a baby, maybe, not really into that stuff anymore, would I if he were a queer but like Superman 1 instead of getting into Lois lane it was Ru Paul who was his love interest, absolutely, and I would love them to make it as serious as Superman and not some queen of the desert light hearted gay flix, let’s see that made.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would have thought that being an orphaned undocumented alien with a low paying journalism job and a Kryptonite allergy would already have been woke enough.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I curious to see how the Qtard propaganda machine smokes this topic...

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

pretty odd , but like what relevance does their sexual preference or orientation have when fighting the battle of good vs evil ?

do we need to know whether you like men or women when you are saving the earth ?

have you see the new she ra - nearly every single character is LGBTQI+ , i dont think there is a single heterosexual character , im guessing the new she -ra show wont have any follow ups since there wont be any straight people to produce any new offspring
youtube videos on She-ra and the lesbians of power

when I was a kid reading comics in the 80's there was barely any real focus on love interest in spiderman , superman , yes they had the odd peter parker maryjane love interest, and the odd one about clark kent and lois lane but its not like it was the main focus of every episode , it was a sub plot to their conundrum it was always like it was second to the main plot , the love interest would be used as bait to lure the hero in and that was it
no real emphasis on their sexuality , it was mostly about the evil doer vs the hero and the duels

now it seems that comics these days are just all about the sexuality of the character as what defines them as a being

so supermans son is defined as

BI
SuperHero
Kryptonian

I don't know why the need for them to introduce sexuality. I figure though, that is not going to be a primary focus, I figure it will be like the same sex kiss at the end of the latest Star Wars movie..there's a franchise that has been altered a bit..lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join