It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponized History: Rule by Narcissism

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The continued efforts by radical elements within the US government to weaponized history against the American people must be stopped.

This isn't a legitimate view of history, it is a rebuke of people today by using history as a weapon of division. A fine social scalpel by which to dissect and piece out society by it's racial and sexual make-up. They cut out compartments of that to fit in other social classes within their narrative.

They replace history with a facsimile that's been racialized, sexualized, and in many cases completely made up (1619 Project). The premise leads to the inevitable conclusion that America and Americans are racist, that it is equivalent to "original sin," and an emanation of "whiteness-" which is in itself the source of the"original sin."

No story told about the past can be devoid of modern special interest representations. The lens with which they expect us to view the past makes it impossible to contextualize the most important aspects of what made human history what it is. Consequences and all we CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST.

You can't take the pain of past wrongs away by enforcing a view of history that refuses to acknowledge it as it had actually been.

We confront realities as they are not as we wish them to be and if we continue to delude ourselves with history that only makes us feel good about ourselves we are doomed to repeat the same atrocities but with narcissistic glee.

We may not get an Idiocracy. We may actually get a narcissistocracy.

edit on 10 11 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There are people, they exist, that choose to live in another reality.

I'm of the opinion that this doesn't just happen naturally bit has been a multi decade cultivation.

Yuri Bezmenov outlined it so well that any coincidence can easily be refuted.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
History must be viewed through its context and not through ours.

For example, you cannot view the child marriage of an historical figure as wrong and name him a pedophile if, in fact, child marriages were a common practice to the society of his time.

Understanding the thing for what it is does mean you think it a right practice any more than it makes that historical figure a pedophile. By the standards of his day and age, he was not, but he does not live in our day and time. Had he lived in them, who knows what mores his life might be evocative of. To label him a pedophile assumes that's what he would be in all days, in all times.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point. But though your lens how do you justify human sacrifice, the drinking of human blood, and, mass murder....

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Good point. But though your lens how do you justify human sacrifice, the drinking of human blood, and, mass murder....

Because there was a time when ancient peoples believed those things were part of pleasing super natural beings to benefit their own human experience. Live and ya learn I suppose.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

I didn't say justify. I said understand. There is a difference.

I can look at the Aztecs and their human sacrifice rituals and understand that this was part and parcel of their religious practice. Those were their ways and in that time and place. I am very, very glad I was not born an Aztec in those days.

And I can say that it's problematic to install chants to those same deities in classrooms today because we live in a cultural time and place where human sacrifice is wrong and considered murder. But I cannot say those same Aztecs of that time and place are exactly murderers. Can you say what they would have been had they been born and raised under the cultural influences of this time and place in history?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Is "sin" determined by the time and environment you live in, or is "sin" ..... SIN in the Biblical sense. no matter what?

How important is culture in determining what and what is not SIN?

edit on 11-10-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Is "sin" determined by the time and environment you live in, or is "sin" ..... SIN in the Biblical sense. no matter what?

We all sin.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We all sin.

Hate the sin, love the sinner

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Can you say what they would have been had they been born and raised under the cultural influences of this time and place in history?
There is no difference today, just the names change. We are all born into this world, ignorant.

The same players then, are the same players today. I have this belief that human beings are incapable of inhuman acts. But those who for what ever reason have lost their "Being" are quite capable of inhuman acts. History downplay this reality and generally hushed up by the catholic church.

We have the same Demons in power today, as those Aztec did back then. And when they control anything, ruin is not far behind. Have you got your "Jab" yet? They are destroying your heart, without ripping it out of your chest.. It was human sacrifice then, as it is now..

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Sins of the father.

Hardly a new phenomenon. Though it does seem to be used a lot more today than in the past...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
History must be viewed through its context and not through ours.

For example, you cannot view the child marriage of an historical figure as wrong and name him a pedophile if, in fact, child marriages were a common practice to the society of his time.

Understanding the thing for what it is does mean you think it a right practice any more than it makes that historical figure a pedophile. By the standards of his day and age, he was not, but he does not live in our day and time. Had he lived in them, who knows what mores his life might be evocative of. To label him a pedophile assumes that's what he would be in all days, in all times.

Nope. A pedo is a pedo.

An adult who is sexually attracted to children.

edit on 12-10-2021 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I see your point, but as far as we know, the history of a country, as told by the citizens of that country, has nothing to do with the history of that country written by its neighbors.

For instance, the history of US, as written by your neighbors, is totally different than the history of US, as written by, say, Mexicans. And as you correctly point out, the history of a country, as written by this or that guy, will differ from any other history written by any other guy, depending on what beliefs each of them have.

You don't need to worry then, unless you entertain the strange idea that there is one, and only one, true History, and that that one is just the one you know. Is that the situation?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

How important is culture in determining what and what is not SIN?

To sin is to miss the mark.

edit on 12-10-2021 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 12-10-2021 by Dalamax because: Post

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Dbl dbl
edit on 12-10-2021 by Dalamax because: Post post

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I’ve heard sin called missing the mark- and it’s something innate in us. Belief in a higher power or not, we can aim for the highest good, and when we miss, that is sin.

I can understand (to a degree) why the ancients did certain things to please the gods. But I still believe they missed the mark.

But I could easily be wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I created a thread along these ideas back in July 2020.

The American Cultural Revolution

I believe we are seeing, in America, the beginnings of a Cultural Revolution in the style of the Chinese Cultural Revolution of the 1960's, with BLM, Antifa, and other similar organizations playing the role of the Red Guard.

This is the way you deconstruct a society and reimagine it in your own image. You tear down the old to make way for the new.

History needs to be understood in the context of ITS time, not our own. It does not mean we need to condone what transpired in the past, but morals and ethos change over time and history needs to be understood from the standpoint of the ethos of ITS time.

new topics

top topics

join