It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies about covid and how they compound

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD
Fauci will be a laughing stock? I highly doubt it.

Joke is on you
He already is

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
We have evidence of immunity lasting years.

Do you realise what your wrote? Maybe you have a time machine...

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

So at this point, it's a crapshoot as to whether we can say having natural immunity or not after infection is forever, and it's an even bigger crapshoot to pretend to know how long it's going to last if you do.

That's it. The truth, like life, is scary and uncertain. Some people want the security of certainty, of simple narratives, even if it means denying reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why worry about immunity at all?

For such an extremely harmless China virus that has such an extremely small chance of affecting you at all if you catch it

Eat well, stay healthy, it’s proven beyond all doubt already that the human immune system EASILY overwhelms this innocuous CHINESE virus in the VAST Majority of cases

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
in reply to: network dude
"We have evidence of immunity lasting years."

Nopey...

Evidence - the combination of:

a) they have proven that people who acquired natural immunity to SARS-Cov-2 have a robust immune response over a year later, and

b) they have also proven recently that people who caught SARS-Cov-1 back in 2003, still have a robust immune response a whopping seventeen years later. This is basically showing it is a lifetime immunity.

c) b) can be extrapolated to similarly apply to SARS-Cov-2.

It isn't absolute proof, no, but it is an indicator, and a substantial - and very promising one.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Maybe take a good, hard look at the posters who are open minded and don't pile on and those who do.

Just stop lying.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

We have evidence of immunity lasting years.

For SARS-CoV, a coronavirus very like SARS-CoV-2 that was originally identified in 2003 and causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), the continued presence of high concentrations of neutralizing antibodies in blood serum for more than 17 years was reported9 in 2020. Wang and colleagues’ results suggest that long-term immunity might also be expected for SARS-CoV-2

www.nature.com...

no time machine needed, just used a different corona virus.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Why worry about immunity at all?

For such an extremely harmless China virus that has such an extremely small chance of affecting you at all if you catch it

Eat well, stay healthy, it’s proven beyond all doubt already that the human immune system EASILY overwhelms this innocuous CHINESE virus in the VAST Majority of cases

As long as any given immune system is healthy and robust. Many are not. Many don't realize the function of vitamins and minerals in keeping the system healthy.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

a reply to: GravitySucks

I'd ask you to link to some of these studies, but you won't. I have looked at many of them. Most if not all tell a vastly different story than you just did. We have evidence of immunity lasting years. But the biggest thing you don't hear a lot of is folks getting sick twice. You hear of "testing positive twice", but it almost always goes along with an asymptomatic case.

Enjoy the boots.

I've linked them before and was part of a study in early 2020. Here's a mish-mosh for ya. And stop pretending that I never provide links.

There ya go. Just a few. I could literally go on all day, with access to some you wouldn't have access to. And I've been following these since I was in a study, which happens to be at one of the links above.

These are mostly from our finest universities and medical establishments with a few news sources summarizing same and a video or audio stream or two.

Also, some of these are newer. Some older. Some say maybe. Some say no. Some say yes. Some say some have great natural responses yet others do not, and they don't know why yet. And some are not yet peer reviewed. Most of the studies and summaries say "may" and "some" and "possibly" because they really don't know yet.

So at this point, it's a crapshoot as to whether we can say having natural immunity or not after infection is forever, and it's an even bigger crapshoot to pretend to know how long it's going to last if you do.

And to my original point, this mess is going to take a while for many thousands of scientists to coordinate and unravel, never mind just one human having bombs thrown at him because he will not unequivocally say either way.

And why the vaccines if all this takes years? Simple. We don't want more millions dying worldwide than already have.

Myth: I already had COVID-19, so I don't need to get the vaccine.

Fact: There is not enough information currently available to say if or for how long after infection someone is protected from getting COVID-19 again. This is called natural immunity. Early evidence suggests natural immunity from COVID-19 may not last very long, but more studies are needed.30

True 9 months ago and still true today.

Enjoy what boots?

you surprised me by actually giving links. So I'm impressed. Honestly.

But did you read your links?

link 1:

Some people who get COVID-19 receive no protection from reinfection – their natural immunity is nonexistent. A recent study found that 36% of COVID-19 cases didn't result in development of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. The people had different levels of illness – most had moderate disease, but some were asymptomatic and some experienced severe COVID-19.

not peer reviewed, propaganda, and used asypmtomatic cases, which could easily be false positives to provide the narrative they wanted.

The data is clear:

link 2:

Most persons develop virus-specific antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 after infection; however, the timeline of antibody decline over time is uncertain.

link 3:
same Nebraska Medicine study that was flawed from inception.

Can you show me in any of your links a study showing the number of participants in the study group, the level of infection they had, and how many of them have been re-infected over time?

You did provide links, they just don't seem to be any good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join