It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Yang. Can We Trust Him. Should We Trust Him.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So, Andrew Yang left the Democratic Party.
While that may seem to be a good thing, Bernie Sanders left also and aligned with the Dems anytime it suited him. Figured Yang wold do the same.

I remember when first tossed his hat into the POTUS race....I thought there was a small chance he could be good for the U.S.
Those thoughts were quickly dashed. His idea about UBI pretty much told me all I needed to know about him being a moderate.

So, he ends his affiliation with the Democratic party, to start a new party, the Forward Party, geared toward ending some of the polarization plaguing the U.S.
Andrew Yang Leaves Democratic Party, Plans Third Party Launch

For his faults of appearing out of touch, perhaps unavoidable as a multi-millionaire, Yang seems to be well in touch with some of the blaring problems facing the country in terms of increased political polarization. As the extremes drift further away, driven by progressive politics creeping into everyday life, the way forward and governing a country this large and diverse becomes harder and harder.

Yang’s move may be idealistic, and better suited to an identity outside of politics, but at least he’s willing to set his politics aside and recognize how far the Democratic Party has drifted sharply left since the days of old. Yang is also trying to sell a book, so trying to appeal to more right-leaning readers by no longer calling yourself a Democrat can’t hurt either.

Some background:
Andrew Yang: Moderate Biden Can ‘Mainstream’ Progressive Ideas

Former Presidential candidate Andrew Yang this week said former Vice President Joe Biden’s moderate image will potentially allow him to enact some of the most progressive policies since the New Deal era.

NYT: The Wealthy Lobbyist Behind Andrew Yang’s Campaign for Mayor

Andrew Yang’s relationship with Bradley Tusk, a tech investor, has raised concerns about conflicts of interest if he is elected.

When Andrew Yang parachuted into the New York City mayor’s race from a losing presidential campaign, he was a known national quantity but unknown in the insular world of local politics.

He did not rise from a political club, had never run for local office and had no established base of financial or political support in the city. He had never even voted in a mayoral election.

But he had one major asset working in his favor: He had joined forces with Bradley Tusk, a powerful New York political strategist, lobbyist and venture capitalist whose investments could hinge on government action.

Yeah, no......not sold on his motives......
Andrew Yang launches Forward Party after split from Democrats

Forward Party’s platform, pr. Their site, involves a number of reforms, including a universal basic income of $ 1,000 per. Month for every American. This proposal was one of Yang’s most famous during his presidential campaign and became one of the most popular items on his agenda.

In addition to economic reforms, the Freedom Party is also pushing for time constraints adopted through constitutional amendments. The Freedom Party would utilize one person’s term in each congressional chamber to 18 years, arguing that “lawmakers would be more motivated to pass a successful policy if they knew their time in DC had a possible time limit.”

Other policies would appear to provide a variety of democratic reforms, such as the creation of a new Institute of Technology and give voters $ 100 during election cycles to stimulate participation.

I see little here to make me think that Yang is the guy the U.S. needs to protect our Constitution, Bill of Rights or the Republic.

More to read:
www.nationalreview.com...
finance.yahoo.com
redstate.com...
www.politico.com...

edit on Thu Oct 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: CLARITY

edit on Thu Oct 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: LOL not Barry Sanders

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, on a serious note, one man, " J. Biden " surely changed the Democrat Party into a #tt show. So who knows what he can do if in power with Executive Orders these days.

But yes, UBI is useless and NO GOOD for any culture, although currently it is called " welfare " in the States.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

He's a champion of UBI so no thanks.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I believe he proposed UBI as a political 'stunt' to get attention. And to show he's not dumb when it comes to economics, his UBI theory actually has some weight behind it. After all, you do have welfare and such...

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I liked Andrew Yang, or at least though some of his proposals showed merit.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yang isn't interested in the Constitution. He's a technocrat and I think we've had just about enough of that garbage.
edit on 10 7 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Problem is, we still cannot get people to get back to work after all those government backed covid incentive checks.
We need more people to get back to work, not more slugs.
And since the wages have risen closer and sometimes over $14.00 plus some benefits.....and we still cannot get inside service at fast food eateries. [And they are not lockedown her.]

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"Andrew Yang....."

No.

🤮

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Any politician that doesn't put the Constitution first and foremost deserves a jellyfish sting.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think it's a lot more than just government hand outs at this point.
What was one stimulus check worth? Not much.

I don't agree with UBI at all, if it were ever a thing it would be in some far off distant future where we have colonized mars or something crazy like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Barry Sanders left also ...

Barry? The great Detroit Lions running back?

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The problem is not an easy one to fix.
For sure, more handouts are not a good answer.
The way welfare was instituted in many countries is part of the reason we got where we are today.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I've done that before...thanks for catching that !!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No, we can't and no, we shouldn't. This is the same man who was all about universal basic income, AKA "Vote for me and I'll pay you with the monies the government steals from the working men and women of this nation."

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
And to show he's not dumb when it comes to economics

That was about as successful as Woody Allen hooking up with his step daughter the moment she turned 18 to show he wasn't a predator.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Yang isn't interested in the Constitution. He's a technocrat and I think we've had just about enough of that garbage.
You nailed it.

These guys and their pretentious outlook at life, molded by first world society technology, these people have little understanding of real world life in America.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Like any other candidate could keep up with Yang in the world of economic banter ... Biden is a puppet for neo liberals and Trump is a snake oil salesman who evades and takes advantage all sorts of tax stuff with real estate. Yang is at least in a sense a 'working man' on the top end of the scale at least.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I guess the Yin was to strong for Yang

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Can you imagine rampant inflation resulting from UBI? I can.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Like any other candidate could keep up with Yang in the world of economic banter ... Biden is a puppet for neo liberals and Trump is a snake oil salesman who evades and takes advantage all sorts of tax stuff with real estate. Yang is at least in a sense a 'working man' on the top end of the scale at least.

Oh no....Trump uses legal means not to pay more taxes???? Taxes that are basically theft of money WE MAKE?

Oh nooooo what a criminal!

Give me a break, if you could find a way never to Pay the government out of your check again, you'd do it in a heart beat and you know it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join