It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage * Snipped.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage, Whistleblower, and Massive User Data Breach Collide in Perfect Storm

Is this true ?

Facebook is down, and not in a minor way. The Big Tech mammoth is down worldwide in a way in which they will not be able to easily recover as the DNS A and AAA records have been deleted. Technically speaking, facebook.com is now for sale.

They’re not alone. Instagram, WhatsApp, and others have also been affected in the same way. It’s clearly a coordinated attack on a massive scale, though it’s unclear how it was pulled off. We’re not talking about a simple DDoS attack. This is catastrophic and would have required high-level access to certain protocols that one cannot get from the outside.

— Andy Stone (@andymstone) October 4, 2021

The timing of the widespread outages comes as a Facebook whistleblower will be testifying before Congress on Tuesday.The whistleblower appeared on “60 Minutes” Sunday, detailing the tech company’s mission to put profit before doing “what was good for the public,” including clamping down on hate speech. Shares of the tech company slid 6% by early afternoon, tumbling not just on the whistleblower but also the global outage.

Sou rce.

Wishful thinking or just a ludicrous online lie?

I report.

You decide.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Can't say it bothers me too much, I guess a concern might be trickle down effects..I wouldn't even know what those would be though.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I tried buying it about 2 hours ago. They wouldn't let me buy it even though it was listed as available

Edit: It is no longer listed as available and is registered to Facebook, Inc again: whois.domaintools.com...
edit on 4 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
NB4 false flag to hide records claims.
What better way to hide what secret things all the apps are doing than ddos deletion of everything

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One has to wonder if this is an attack (probably) and who did it. It'll be interesting as this plays as to who will take the credit. I'm suspecting that either someone has managed to hack the DNS system so it doesn't resolve or the dreaded ransomware attack.

Myself, I've been mildly curious as to whether or not there's freedom of speech hackers that did this.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You can still ping them at 157.240.194.35... times are between 146ms to 612ms on my side, TTL=46 and no lost packets, so I have to wonder is it a DDoS on the DNS servers or is it something bigger at facebook/instagram/messenger/whatsapp?

I'd say this is a refreshing change having those clowns down, but that means there will be millions of dysfunction hoomans in the streets instead of behind their computer screens. lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's an attack from Outer Space !!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

this would be Tyler Durden level stuff here. I'd cheer for weeks. onward to twitter!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'll give them $5 for it.

Then again probably not. I'm not owning something that evil.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I can do an nslookup and tracert to facebook.com as of a couple minutes ago.

Unfortunately, I think they're coming back online.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
'Poor' Satan-berg has just lost $6 billion

Zuckerberg loses over $6 billion dollars

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The FB censor micromanagers mistakenly started censoring all their own bulls#t 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Booooo!

Be interesting to think of this as a trial run.

"can we shut it down boss? Won't the public spin up servers as they see fit and continue as they claim?"

"Buddy... Cool your jets. Let's give it a whirl and see what happens because I'd like to think we can just turn off the internet .. for 80 percent of people - let's see!"

*Bieuwwwwwwwwwww*

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It saddens me that it will come back to life

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i couldn't have said it better!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of centralized social media. And hopefully someone, somewhere, will be able to develop a new decentralized social media system, sort of a social media version of bitcoin that can never be centrally managed or controlled by the corpo-fascist elite. Now THAT would be an interesting piece of software...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

You are a hero.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And now this :

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join