It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Demands Twitter Reinstates His Account In Florida Court

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't know why Trump is wasting his time on this; most likely his ego.

If people spent half as much time focusing their energies on creating a YouTube competitor as they do complaining about YT, this situation wouldn't be an issue, and potentially, YouTube might actually relax their censorship if they had some honest challenger in that space.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I know, why is he so butt hurt about Twitter when he’s got Gettr?

Gettr, what kind of dumb as name is that anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

You left me hanging...what name is Gettr "dumb as"?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

trump, more than anything loves attention. That's why he is still out campaigning for 24 even though he isn't going to run but still wants the $$$ contributions from his devotees.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think he'll eventually get it back, after all, how else would the FBI and CIA know what the "white supremacists" are up to, unless they post everything on Twitter?
edit on 8-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
in reply to: tanstaafl
"I keep forgetting... gonna have to start kicking myself if this keeps up."

Please do. Like, really hard.

Yeah, I deserve it...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

And he filed in Florida because their new law makes it possible to do.

Florida's law doesn't change the fact by agreeing to these sites' T&Cs, Trump agreed that they get to choose the venue in any court case.

Trump Loses Effort to Keep Suit Over YouTube Ban in Florida

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

trump, more than anything loves attention. That's why he is still out campaigning for 24 even though he isn't going to run but still wants the $$$ contributions from his devotees.

I don't think it it's about the attention. I think it's about the audience. Today's society in the United States communicates mainly by social media. By banning him from social media (Twitter and Facebook expecially), they have basically removed his ability to campaign.

I believe if Twitter, Facebook, and other large social media companies are going to hold a monopoly over who gets to communicate in "the modern media", then it should be illegal to ban anyone who is trying for public office.

I don't believe it's going to be reinstated by the courts,. However I believe there will be legislation drafted in the future to prevent to squashing public speech social media.

From the history of the current administration I don't see that legislation coming anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tanstaafl
Florida's law doesn't change the fact by agreeing to these sites' T&Cs, Trump agreed that they get to choose the venue in any court case.

Corporations can put whatever they want in these agreements, but, like arbitration clauses in some States, sometimes they aren't enforceable.

I'm not claiming this is the case here, but we'll see...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Corporations can put whatever they want in these agreements, but, like arbitration clauses in some States, sometimes they aren't enforceable.

I'm not claiming this is the case here, but we'll see...

You should have followed the link, then you would have seen that Retard Donald John Trump lost his suit to have the case tried in Florida which was filed on the basis that his crack addict ass couldn't process that the T&C's require cases to be held in California.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Any "normal" person would just make a new account.

If Twitter wouldn't bend to the average person on their platform for such a request why would they do it for Mr. Trump? If they did such a thing that would just open a door for all other people with removed or banned accounts to complain that theirs should be re-instated.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Some of us think it's funny they are so afraid of him.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I think it was originally supposed to be "Grabbr," but they screwed it up just like everything else.
edit on 9-10-2021 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Some of us think it's funny they are so afraid of him.

Afraid of him?

No, some of us just think he is a complete Muppet.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A federal judge has ruled that Donald Trump's lawsuit against Twitter cannot go forward in Florida, ruling that "status as President of the United States does not exclude him from the requirements of the forum selection clause in Twitter's Terms of Service."

Which is kind of funny considering his new Truth app has a similar clause in the TOS stating a claim can only be filed in Florida.

Anyway. The link to the ruling.
Courtlistener recap

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join