It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToLiveIsToDie
This has NOTHING to do with them being "liberals", they are a effing NAZI news source that would make even Goebbels proud to see. How they are still in business i do not know - But if you take ANYTHING that comes out of that filthy hell hole as news, youre either really ignorant and naive or not so bright.

No doubt which is why I listed multiple sources reporting on this book.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It looks like these headlines are a bit hyperbolic. Based on the actual excerpt from the book, Milley's "secret plan" was to remind his senior staff of the existing protocols.

Protocols that required Milley to be notified before any nuclear weapons are fired.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Gothmog
It's Biden folks need to watch .
Hell , at any minute he might think that red button may be to call his nurse to change his diaper and wipe his butt.

C'mon man! The red button is for ice cream.

Who da you think brings the ice cream as well ?
Along with meals (baby food) , and pudding .

edit on 9/14/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Seems to me the general is making a ludicrous statement that might be admitting to a crime or personal insurrection.

Recall that Milley is the same dumbass who claimed the Jan 6th protests were racist and an example of "white rage," totally ignoring the fact that the protesters represented a cross section of all races. He's a political hack in a uniform, not a heroic military man who has found himself in the house of politicians. If the Republicans reclaim the House and Senate, he'll either resign or be canned in disgrace over his bumbling in Afghanistan alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did anyone step down over Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: opethPA

Lol ...

So who did they believe he was going to attack with nuclear weapons?

Maybe, that secret hidden enemy he was going on about......

Congress ?
Hell, that's no secret.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Mark Milley needs a psych evaluation, imo. Every time I see his mug now, I picture him with lipstick and nail polish on. He strikes me as someone itching to come out of the closet, but hasn't quite figured out how to do it and still maintain his big brass ball image. That's just the way I see him, right or wrong.

Likewise. Something is absolutely off with him. I don't know what it is but there is something going on in that cranium of his that any good Soldier would pick up on immediately. I've been around a lot of Generals and Admirals from all the branches, including the Coast Guard and Milley ain't got what they had. From his appearance, facial expressions, tone and above all, words. It's frightening but what is more frightening is the people that put him there. It feels like a legion of doom that wants to break every single thing that makes people morally good or, as they say in 1984 ungood.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some.

I checked them all except the Washington post. I am not signing up for any news site. While I am no legal scholar or military scholar. The most damning part I found was this.

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved. "No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure,"

If indeed the procedure is to notify their superiors of orders they were given without his knowledge. Nothing wrong was done. Reminding the military of it's rule/regs Isn't illegal. Now had trump given a order to launch a nuke and Milley wasn't in the loop, but was notified of the order. Then refused to obey it. That would be treason, for sure.

I find it hard to believe he would admit to a crime to sell a book. Seems like media hype for click revenue.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some.

What a load of BS!
CNN is fabricating news to fit their political agenda. It doesnt matter if it is a Dem or Rep news source - they are just outright LIARS!!!
Remember the Arlington kids? Nicholas Sandmann? You know 2 years ago when CNN decided to fabricate a story to make it look like those kids was harrasing some native guy? Just because they had MAGA hats on...
They where lying and they had the full tape and evidence that it was actually the other way around.
Those kids got harrased and attacked by multiple news sources, famous people, and psychopats who made bomb threats to their school and threathen to kill those kids and their families. All because of those lying scumbags at CNN.

This has NOTHING to do with them being "liberals", they are a effing NAZI news source that would make even Goebbels proud to see. How they are still in business i do not know - But if you take ANYTHING that comes out of that filthy hell hole as news, youre either really ignorant and naive or not so bright.

"Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa."

Does he have any evidence of what he is claiming? or is he just admitting to treason (wouldnt it be that?) to sell his book?

Read the book and make your mind up like I will before knee jerk commenting.

By the way, it's not "his" book.

Also, it was not written by CNN.
edit on 14-9-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did anyone step down over Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox
I find it hard to believe he would admit to a crime to sell a book.

There has been a disturbing shift over the past couple of years towards "virtuousness of criminal acts" that has lead people to unabashedly wallow in the accomplishments of criminal actions. It can be argued that both political sides have done this, with as many people celebrating the Jan. 6th actions as have celebrated thugs burning buildings and assaulting normies in the name of George Floyd last summer.

Milley is virtue signalling and is trusting that enough simps will classify him as heroic and brave for his unlawful actions that he will be saved from reprisal.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

No doubt which is why I listed multiple sources reporting on this book.

And still you took the time in the OP to talk about how CNN is just a "liberal" news source - i telling you it is NOT - they are liars.

Back to the main topic - do you agree that what the general did can be considered treason?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't know if he committed a crime or not. From that paragraph I don't see it. IF he is supposed to be in the loop on a nuclear launch reminding the people under him of that is not a crime.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
By the way, this book's "bombshell" is old news.
www.marketwatch.com...

It was widely publicized in early January that Pelosi had asked Milley to lockdown Trump's access to nuclear codes. The reasons were 100% political theater, and perhaps the only new news from this book is the revelation that Milley wasn't just following Pelosi's unlawful orders, he was making decisions himself as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
www.marketwatch.com...

It was widely publicized in early January that Pelosi had asked Milley to lockdown Trump's access to nuclear codes. The reasons were 100% political theater, and perhaps the only new news from this book is the revelation that Milley wasn't just following Pelosi's unlawful orders, he was making decisions himself as well.

Seems like the book contains a fair bit more than just that, though.

link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

No General is EVER in Charge - The President is the Commander in Chief

Commander in Chief

The president of the United States is the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces as well as all federalized United States Militia. In this capacity, the president exercises supreme operational command and control over all military personnel and militia members, and has plenary power to launch, direct and supervise military operations, order or authorize the deployment of troops, unilaterally launch nuclear weapons, and form military policy with the Department of Defense and Homeland Security. However, the constitutional ability to declare war is vested only in Congress.

edit on 9142021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

link   
Milley needs to be brought up on charges and court martialed... yea yea I know.

This guy has at best been criminally negligent, to treasonous at worst, the fact biden wont dump him tells volumes... hes a boot licking yes man.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't know if he committed a crime or not. From that paragraph I don't see it. IF he is supposed to be in the loop on a nuclear launch reminding the people under him of that is not a crime.

He instructed the military to refuse to comply with Presidential orders unless Milley, himself, authorized them. NOWHERE in the authority matrix of the United States does a general possess the authority to supercede the President of the United States, AKA "The Commander in Chief." So yes, he is admitting to committing the crime of insubordination at a bare minimum, flat out sedition in practice.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
www.marketwatch.com...

Seems like the book contains a fair bit more than just that, though.

Seems the OP is primarily about that old news, though.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Read the book and make your mind up like I will before knee jerk commenting.

No thank you

By the way, it's not "his" book.

Dont care, iam still not gonna read it

Also, it was not written by CNN.

Did i claim that? OP singled out CNN as a source and told us not to reject because it can be considered liberal
Iam telling him when it comes to CNN it has nothing to do with what political party they prefer, i really dont care - the reason many of us dont like CNN as a source, is because they have been caught multiple times fabricating "news", they even portray innocent kids as evil just to make their political opponent look bad - dont give a crap about how those lies affected the lives of those kids and their families.

So take your knee jerk comment and go take a look in the mirror.
edit on 14-9-2021 by ToLiveIsToDie because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join