It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

What I am hoping people do is see this is about a book written by General Mark Milley

TBH, I think Milley as the source is far more discreditable and disdainable than the CNN source. Let's be honest here, Milley's performance in the Chinese fire drill meets Keystone Cops routine that was this admin's exit from Afghanistan made the general look like a bumbling, imbecilic ass. To be clear, I wouldn't believe him if he said his piss was wet and presented the soaked front of his pants as evidence.

On the other hand, this book claims that Milley was afraid Trump would use nukes... and? DID Trump try to use nukes? No? Well then, STFU Milley because you look like the Boy who Cried Wolf. Not that that is novel or unique these days, we just had a 4 year period of the left being the Boy who cried Wolf at every #ing turn because they can't do much of anything beyond projection of their own sins onto their opponents.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It's Biden folks need to watch .
Hell , at any minute he might think that red button may be to call his nurse to change his diaper and wipe his butt.

C'mon man! The red button is for ice cream.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow
Not only did he freely admit this, but encouraged it to be published.
If this is true what is the office of the president actually for?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

There's a bit more restraint on the President than you think. I do agree that Milley should be charged.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hope someone is watching out for the senile pedophile that is at the helm now. He was talking about boxing Trump, Afghanistan and covid in the same sentence on 9-11-21... none of it making any sense at all. Yeah, he has his finger hovering over the button.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How is it that Trump is STILL living rent free in so many heads.
He was “maybe, might, I dunno, will” shoot some nuclear candles off so I’m gonna hide them.
Oy vey.......
I’m sitting here with open mouth and wagging head.
Seriously???
WTAF........

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I am sure it wasn't for nuclear weapons ha but Trump did keep telling people to take this kuntree by force before during & after capital fun. The FBI visits people for much less threatening posts so to see that people needed to go around something like that for security reasons make perfect sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would be interested in General Milley's ideology and his background. Especially after reading about Smedley Butler. Military does not always equal honourable and good just like General does not always equal competent or best interests of America at heart. Many Pentagon generals are politicians and climbers first, warriors second.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

There's a bit more restraint on the President than you think. I do agree that Milley should be charged.

They way it is suppose to work and how it is currently working may be two different things. But it is a fact that the president can launch a nuclear weapon any time he wants. He may or may not consult some people. Congress gave the president that power during the cold war. Because there would not be enough time to consult congress or many other people in the event of a first strike on the USA. Look it up it's true. And it should worry everyone. No matter who is in office.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ObviousTruth

Source?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
www.independent.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cnn.com...

"Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa."

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some. What I am hoping people do is see this is about a book written by General Mark Milley and multiple different sites are carrying the story of this book which is why I listed multiple different sources.

For me personally the thing I need to wonder about, the thing I have to believe has already happened is if the events listed in this book are in fact true then I hope that someone has taken the exact same steps with Biden. I found Trump to be an at best average President and a well below average Leader over the course of his four years. In these months so far I have found Biden to be a below average President and a below average Leader.

Very brave of you to post this.

I hope you have an asbestos suit on.

Certain folk on here will be frothing at the mouth. Oh, they already are.

I'll have a look at the book and make my own mind up.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: opethPA
For me personally the thing I need to wonder about, the thing I have to believe has already happened is if the events listed in this book are in fact true then I hope that someone has taken the exact same steps with Biden. I found Trump to be an at best average President and a well below average Leader over the course of his four years. In these months so far I have found Biden to be a below average President and a below average Leader.

In other words, Constitution be damned. Only military and bureaucratic autocrats get to decide what decisions are reasonable in our Republic.

What a joke we have become.

that's kind of where I'm at with this. We have a Constitution, we have checks and balances. To my knowledge, every president in the US has had both supporters and also those who opposed him. I truly get why Trump scared the leaders. He wasn't owned. He could make a decision on his own, and not have to worry about what favors he may be removing from himself or others.

But Mark Milley wasn't elected to be the president. And if he isn't court marshaled over this, then who's to say it won't happen with every president from now on. I'm sure there are generals who like Trump and some who don't. Should he run again and win, can you imagine the trust that would NOT be there for anyone? What about Desantis. Should he run and win, will his powers be limited by some general who thinks he knows better? He has both fans and adversaries.

This is not an acceptable situation.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It is in no way acceptable.
They know this.
They have long past cared.

If he has differences with his boss he should have resigned.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

These are not the droids you are looking for...

To your point, and it's what I have been yelling about since Nov. 3rd is they are SO brazen about ignoring laws and the constitution (Politicians, Dems, RINOs, Generals, Media, etc...) that they don't even care to TRY and hide it anymore. That I think tells us everything we need to know about where things stand.

Milley Vanilley needs to be court marshaled, all honors stricken, and made an example of.

edit on 14-9-2021 by Mikemp44 because: forgot rinos lol

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
First, there is the why and second how? He does not decide what happens and to be very honest if you read it all he said was do nothing without me knowing. So F'n what.

He then asked each of the officers to verbally confirm that they understood as he looked them in the eye.

This is another bull# story made to sound exciting. I mean, if they were watching him so closely then HOW did 1/6 happen?

LOL, it happened because the FBI Orchestrated it. The rally was planned, Trump screwed the pooch in epic fashion by not telling everyone what to do, or where to go, or what to do when they got there. Just show up, it'll be a blast! So the FBI activated their standby's and dressed them up al MAGA pretty, and sent them in to split some wigs and cause a little ruckus. See also "unindicted co-conspirator".

It was the single biggest gift to the left Trump could have given them. Notice only one person died, she was shot by a capitol guard who couldn't keep up with his weapon, and still, it's a horrific event that mirrors the deaths of 9-11. More hearings are scheduled, but only asking approved questions.

Failure in leadership is how this happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some.

What a load of BS!
CNN is fabricating news to fit their political agenda. It doesnt matter if it is a Dem or Rep news source - they are just outright LIARS!!!
Remember the Arlington kids? Nicholas Sandmann? You know 2 years ago when CNN decided to fabricate a story to make it look like those kids was harrasing some native guy? Just because they had MAGA hats on...
They where lying and they had the full tape and evidence that it was actually the other way around.
Those kids got harrased and attacked by multiple news sources, famous people, and psychopats who made bomb threats to their school and threathen to kill those kids and their families. All because of those lying scumbags at CNN.

This has NOTHING to do with them being "liberals", they are a effing NAZI news source that would make even Goebbels proud to see. How they are still in business i do not know - But if you take ANYTHING that comes out of that filthy hell hole as news, youre either really ignorant and naive or not so bright.

"Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa."

Does he have any evidence of what he is claiming? or is he just admitting to treason (wouldnt it be that?) to sell his book?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Seems to me the general is making a ludicrous statement that might be admitting to a crime or personal insurrection.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Very brave of you to post this.

I hope you have an asbestos suit on.

Certain folk on here will be frothing at the mouth. Oh, they already are.

I'll have a look at the book and make my own mind up.

Thanks for posting this.

Thanks!
I feel its our duty on this site to report things we see without spinning them or leaning them one way or the other. Essentially giving people information so they can make informed decisions.

Predictably at least one person on this thread literally paid 0 attention to the content and just saw references to the book written so they ignored it. For that person here is a Right approved source covering the book but not the specific section of the book talking about the nuclear element:

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Seriously. If he isn't removed from post for making this claim, despite us all knowing its a virtue signalling lie, it only confirms the obvious: its not "we the people".

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In all honesty if I planned on stealing the election I would watch the current president closely, cut him off from the military and surround Washington with loyalists troops just in case they found out after we got in. I would also work to discredit him and or arrest him before the next election. If that didn’t work I might have a Kennedy plan for him.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join