It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cnn.com...

"Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa."

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some. What I am hoping people do is see this is about a book written by General Mark Milley and multiple different sites are carrying the story of this book which is why I listed multiple different sources.

For me personally the thing I need to wonder about, the thing I have to believe has already happened is if the events listed in this book are in fact true then I hope that someone has taken the exact same steps with Biden. I found Trump to be an at best average President and a well below average Leader over the course of his four years. In these months so far I have found Biden to be a below average President and a below average Leader.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Used to love Bob Woodward but we need the 70's Bob not the 2021 sellout Bob. Our media has gone to chit.

Hell for someone they can't stand they sure bring him up a lot, of course, pandering to your audience for bucks is all this is.

Not to mention it sounds a little Alexander Haig ish does it not? LOL are media slammed him for doing less than General Millie Vanilli
edit on 14-9-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Lol ...

So who did they believe he was going to attack with nuclear weapons?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

LOL WAPO CNN and Yahoo thats the trifecta of bull s### sources.

How do you sleep at night?

anything credible?
edit on 14-9-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
www.independent.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.cnn.com...

"Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa."

I have no doubts that some people here won't actually read anything , they will just see CNN and automatically ignore this thread because CNN is a Liberal Source to some. What I am hoping people do is see this is about a book written by General Mark Milley and multiple different sites are carrying the story of this book which is why I listed multiple different sources.

For me personally the thing I need to wonder about, the thing I have to believe has already happened is if the events listed in this book are in fact true then I hope that someone has taken the exact same steps with Biden. I found Trump to be an at best average President and a well below average Leader over the course of his four years. In these months so far I have found Biden to be a below average President and a below average Leader.

So Milley actually did what he was thinking Trump might do… went “rogue”… gotta love the amount of projection on display anymore… 🤨

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read it all yet. Getting there. But why would Trump want to use nuclear weapons after the Jan 6th protests? Against who? For what reason? Maybe I will find the logic as I read further.

Logic seems to be missing in just about everything these days. Along with empathy and compassion towards fellow humans. What a sad world we are in.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

In other words, Constitution be damned. Only military and bureaucratic autocrats get to decide what decisions are reasonable in our Republic.

What a joke we have become.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
this sounds like they are setting up a scenario to nuke something and blame Trump

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

www.independent.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.cnn.com...

Seems like this sort of admission would get a general in serious legal hotwater in a sane world.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's Biden folks need to watch .
Hell , at any minute he might think that red button may be to call his nurse to change his diaper and wipe his butt.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What Milley did was treason. Removing the power off a sitting President without any authority but his own feelz. Trump was President for another 14 days after the 6th.
What you must ask yourself, what if there was a nuclear strike in those 14 days? The President could not have the power to retaliate and he wouldn't have known till it was too late and the US would have been defenceless.
Would anybody been left alive to say "thank you Gen. Mark Milley".

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Limiting or removing the powers of the President granted to him by laws of the nation by sidestepping the in place checks and balances?

Sounds a bit like insurrection to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a Pelosi Schiff Cream Dream Production Script lol

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Mark Milley needs a psych evaluation, imo. Every time I see his mug now, I picture him with lipstick and nail polish on. He strikes me as someone itching to come out of the closet, but hasn't quite figured out how to do it and still maintain his big brass ball image. That's just the way I see him, right or wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The same Mark Milley who was instrumental in carrying out the orders of the current "president" in withdrawing from Afghanistan??? That Mark Milley???

Sounds to me like that Mark Milley has lost complete touch with reality and his position in the real world. IMNSHO, Milley should be relieved of his current role and Court Martialed for gross negligence and possibly even treason!

The real question here, and the real news story, should be...Did Trump ever actually do anything remotely like what Milley was so paranoid about? Or...was Milley really the one going "rogue"?

The MSM really makes me want to VOMIT!

Next up on the MSM: Some homeless person in SF "thought" Trump was the reincarnation of Satan.

edit on 9/14/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

www.independent.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.cnn.com...

To some cnn is liberal?

Just curious as to who considers cnn anything but liberal?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
...why would Trump want to use nuclear weapons after the Jan 6th protests?

He didn't.

Just another scare mongering POS hit-job designed to malign by way of implication half of the country.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

this sounds like they are setting up a scenario to nuke something and blame Trump

How could that possibly be? Trump is no longer the president. It would be on Biden and congress if he chose to consult them. The unfortunate truth is any president can launch a nuclear strike any where any time for any reason. It really needs to be changed since trusting 1 person to make that kind of decision alone is really stupid.

link   
First, there is the why and second how? He does not decide what happens and to be very honest if you read it all he said was do nothing without me knowing. So F'n what.

He then asked each of the officers to verbally confirm that they understood as he looked them in the eye.

This is another bull# story made to sound exciting. I mean, if they were watching him so closely then HOW did 1/6 happen?

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lol ...

So who did they believe he was going to attack with nuclear weapons?

Maybe, that secret hidden enemy he was going on about......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join