It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Persuade Americans to Give Up Their Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Appears they want to start a new brainwashing campaign to make guns "bad" like cigarettes and drunk driving. I just don't think that is going to work because most of their talking points are wrong. Example, more guns equal more crime. Has anyone heard this bullcrap before?

More guns equal more crime... well, since the early 1990's the number of guns has over doubled from 192 million to 405 million. Meanwhile the homicide and violent crime rate has fallen 50% since 1991.

They are going to somehow shame us into giving them my firearms.... yeah right.

www.nraila.org...

Frum’s thesis is that Americans own too many guns and that more guns leads to more death and crime. In order to combat this situation, Frum urges gun control advocates to convince gun owners to forfeit their firearms by making gun ownership socially unacceptable. In the commentator’s mind, there needs to be a “moral reckoning” whereby gun ownership is treated as something akin to drunk driving.

There’s nothing novel about Frum’s approach. As with most of the Atlantic’s content, Frum’s piece is mostly warmed-over regime talking points.

According to Frum, “American gun buyers are falling victim to bad risk analysis.” Here the writer exposed his belief that ordinary Americans are too stupid to take stock of their own circumstances and determine how to best defend themselves and their families. Presumably, he would outsource Americans’ personal decisions to media and government elites like himself. In an era where trust in media and the federal government are trending to all-time lows, concerns over crime have surged, and parts of the country have been all but forfeited to criminals, Frum’s new war will be a tough sell.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here's how to get Americans to give up their guns:

Pry them from their cold, dead hands.

I don't see any other way.

This is the only "gun control" that America needs or wants.

edit on 2021 9 13 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hunters will have to put their guns at the police station in the future ?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Nah, no we wont be doing any storage at police stations or any gov't faclity. They'll stay in our cloests, bedrooms, and safes.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

gun control advocates to convince gun owners to forfeit their firearms by making gun ownership socially unacceptable.

Hang on.....
* searches shirt pocket, front pockets, back pockets *
nope, not 2 fu*** to give about "social acceptance".

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The best method is to demonize gun owners and raise several generations of kids with that mindset.
That method has worked in the past.
Look what has happened to the family unit and morality.

Still not getting my guns

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Their first and biggest issue is thinking that anyone that has a gun cares what they think at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why do most fixate on the tool and not stoping the illegal use? Get rid of the legal guns and you will have a bigger illegal gun problem. Then a knife problem. Then a stick problem. Then a stone problem.

Not gonna happen. Too few police for too big an area to be effective protection in all circumstances.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Probably because if they did that, they would have to admit there is a huge crime problem in a certain protected demographic.
Covid has probably killed fewer people under 18 in the USA that have died in Chicago.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Probably because if they did that, they would have to admit there is a huge crime problem in a certain protected demographic.
Covid has probably killed fewer people under 18 in the USA that have died in Chicago.

I think I actually heard that in a report yesterday. Covid has killed less children than the number shot in Chicago for the year. Can't remember the age range they gave, but really doesn't matter.

The left can't even get guns completely banned in any of their own states so I'm not worried about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Obama was told this in a town hall years ago. Why was he pushing so hard on guns when gun crimes have gone way down since the 80's. He had no answer for the audience member. Think he said it was interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If there is one thing I've learned this year is that personal freedoms can be resigned if they have the potential to harm others.

That case is easy to make with Firearms.
edit on 13-9-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hahaha.....come get em, bring the jab with you if you do.
But that’s me....

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Not happening, I'm deadly serious.

Law abiding citizens are being punished for very specific ethnic groups killing each other like it's a career choice.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM, PERIOD.

It's a cultural issue that MUST be solved by those specific groups. The focus is on the tool(s) when it's practically genetic propensity that's the cause.

Perhaps there might be a little dough in that BS infrastructure bill to ACTUALLY IMPROVE certain areas of the country. However, if every time these crybaby, irresponsible individuals feel slighted, they destroy their community in response, why even bother?? That's a CULTURAL issue that only that culture can remedy.

But I should lose my 2A rights because of it??

F# no.

edit on 9/13/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

We can draw a direct line to the covid madness with the gun grabbers.

Sacrifice your freedoms and rights in order to give some spinless mushbrain some false sense of security

*middlefingeremoji*

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Appears they want to start a new brainwashing campaign to make guns "bad" like cigarettes and drunk driving.

Two of the mentioned 3 are not guaranteed by the Constitution .
One is .

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've got a free vegan approved lead salad to say to that.

I say free, but it costs me a GD fortune.
Stay away from me and we both benefit.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
what an idiot, we tried that with drugs and alcohol before, look where that got us, and is he seriously implying drunk driving isn't an issue?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
HOW TO GET THEM TO GIVE UP THEIR GUNS?
Really?
Not hard for the gobrmnt to steal from a dead body.
* n F

edit on V222021Mondaypm30America/ChicagoMon, 13 Sep 2021 20:22:34 -05001 by Violater1 because: /;ojdfytr

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

This is funny to me. My father lives in the intermountain west of the U.S. He carries a .380 with him everywhere, because it is lightweight and easy to deploy. He sleeps with it nearby. His Browning gun safe has both his and my firearms. To imagine a citizen such as he to give up his guns is to imagine a person who was willing to give up oxygen.

He is not alone. There are millions MILLIONS of people in the U.S. who feel exactly the same. Not all of them are elderly like my Da. There are three or more generations of people, men and women alike, who feel the push against their Constitutionally-guaranteed guns, and are fearful of the Draconian measures which the current government might try to enforce.

edit on 13/9/21 by argentus because: z

edit on 13/9/21 by argentus because: spellin

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join