It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it finally happened, I got covid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I find it interesting that your vaxxed up roomate passed it to you. That's pretty disturbing because I wonder if people that take the so called vaccine get the mindset that they don't have to be carful any more and wind up exposing themselves out of a false sense of security.

Not to go one up on you but I have Fluoroquinolone toxicity and one of the "highlights" is always feeling sick with the aches and pains 24/7. Once work knew about it (before I retired) when I was having a bad day, they sent me home right away, especially after I fainted a couple of times so when I had the Covid back in early 2020, I didn't really even notice it but we sure passed it around work. Couple of people were down for weeks but for most it was just some fever, chills and flu like symptoms.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for this OP Vector99
I hope you are better soon! Be well....

I have been fighting a bad sinus infection for weeks now.
I have not gotten the jab, nor will I, period.
That’s a personal choice for everyone and I judge no-one their choice.
I’ve not been tested but I am finishing a 12 day regime of Bactrim I had in the house and it appears to be working.
Viruses have never been a weak point for me but bacteria on the other hand appears to be my achilles’ heel historically.
All this crazy stuff going on these days brings me back to probably what was the very rare but worst flu I ever suffered.
It was in the mid 80’s and I was working on a boat that was tying up and hiding up in Boston from the ongoing strikes.
I was the chief (engineer) and we had to cut the trip short because of a breakdown we could not repair at sea.
The morning after tying up a tech arrived to help with the issue we had in the engine room.
This meathead was coughing, sneezing and spewing all over everything and I had no choice but to be in close contact with him over the next 18-20 hours and even more time over the next few days. We had to totally re-build one of the two 60kw generators and replace a complete electrical panel board that went melt down, we very nearly had a catastrophic fire. It was as close as I care to get to losing a boat, thank you.
Anyway, this was in January and maybe 6 or 7 days after arriving we threw the lines again to begin a 12- 14 day trip that started with a twenty hour steam to the winter fishing grounds way up on the Nor’east peak of Georges Bank.
This was a BIG heavy weather boat and we had no problem sailing under storm warnings which are winds of at least 50 knots and it was definitely a ripping NE wind.
We pounded all the way out and set out the drags and got to work.
On the 4th day I began to get ill. My throat was on fire and I had a pounding headache. It wasn’t long before I begun a really deep seated cough and my head plugged up.
A couple of days later with it still blowing hard, now Nor’west 50-60, wind chills of -12f so we were making ice and I was sick as a dog and felt like I was coughing my lungs up and my head also felt like it would detonate.
Picking the pile, shoveling the deck, banging and shoveling ice, cutting scallops, bagging up at watch end and working the hold was pure torture.
Time blurs but one off-watch my temp hit 103.7 and when I turned in to my rack and my head hit the pillow I began uncontrollable coughing. There were all these milky dark green droplets landing on the white sheet I had pulled up to my neck.
Watch in, watch out, man did I suffer.
What needs to be understood is that unless your unconscious or have a bone sticking out you never, ever turn in, period. To do so could be professional suicide back then. You just did not do it. As long as you pushed you’d be forgiven and the gang would happily pick up your slack as your work capabilities declined.
We finally turned for home on the 12th day and the skipper told me to hit the rack and stay there. I was not to work doing washdown or gearwork while homeward bound.
This was not a usual thing that would happen but the gang knew me and knew I was approaching walking death, no joke!
When I got home my wife, who was an ICU nurse took me straight to the ER where they admitted me for two days for fluids and antibiotic intravenous.
Boy did I get my butt chewed on by not only my wife but the doctors and nurses. They all knew me from, well, other visits to the ER. There’s a few stories right there to be sure!
That flu took me down so far my wife called the boat owner and insisted I stay in the next trip.
No one had a problem with that and my job awaited me two trips later when we were next due to sail.
As crazy as it sounds you could actually lose your site for missing a trip to illness back in the day.
Weakness was not tolerated.....period.
Times, and so-called “men” have sure changed, IMO
of course....😎

Thank You....Cheers!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: !

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: stuff

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Get some Xlear nasal spray, they sell it pretty much everywhere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Impossible for your roomie to be sicker than you. I keep hearing that the vaccine prevents it. Mine started like a head cold or sinus infection too. Fever went up to 103ish after a few days, just when I thought the covid was gone.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I hope you continue to get better.

A guy at work found out he had covid Tuesday night. Most of the time, he works in a space all by his self. I was in and out a few times in his workspace before he took time off for having covid.

Been taking zinc, vitamin D, and vitamin C. Getting plenty of outside exercise in the sun.

No fever. Have my sense of smell and taste.

I took a few days off spending time with my kid. Got one of those home covid tests, and tested myself before spending time with the kid today.

My problem is I have allergies. I have sneezing and coughing fits from time to time. It’s sucks wondering for the last year or so what the hell is going on every time I have a sneezing or coughing fit. Is it just my allergies or is it COVID this time.

I now carry cough drops wherever I go so people don’t freakout if I feel a coughing fit coming on.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank You! I’ll check it out!

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

My problem is I have allergies. I have sneezing and coughing fits from time to time. It’s sucks wondering for the last year or so what the hell is going on every time I have a sneezing or coughing fit. Is it just my allergies or is it COVID this time.

I now carry cough drops wherever I go so people don’t freakout if I feel a coughing fit coming on.

You are not alone in that, not at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Been taking zinc, vitamin D, and vitamin C. Getting plenty of outside exercise in the sun.

Oh, well hello there!

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Oh, far from alone, and with the West Coast sending its smoke all over everywhere this year, the sneezing, coughing, wheezing is far more prevalent than normal. Before I start to freak out, I have to take a look at the sky. Like today, odds are that it's a milky pearlescent color because of smoke.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: vonclod

Oh, far from alone, and with the West Coast sending its smoke all over everywhere this year, the sneezing, coughing, wheezing is far more prevalent than normal. Before I start to freak out, I have to take a look at the sky. Like today, odds are that it's a milky pearlescent color because of smoke.

We got really lucky, just a week or less of smoke here, despite a whole lot of forest burning all over B.C. Some previous years were terrible.

The weather was super hot for a month, now kinda blah. I think the heat killed off everything but weeds..lol so, still had had that crap floating around. I had to carry cough drops..so as not to make people nervous.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Yep, just got a text last night from SNHD at 8:45 pm stating I have a message, you know that never means anything good. Results came back positive for covid.

I didn't think anything of it, but last sunday, monday, and tuesday night, I woke up drenched in sweat. Wednesday I was feeling a bit feverish, so I left work early and thought, crap, I bet I have covid, so I went and got tested the next day. As stated, got a text to check a message last night.

I feel just fine, a bit stuffed up and sore, feels like a sinus infection with a slight fever, and seems to be getting better. I'll update if it gets worse.

I'm unvaccinated, so of course there was a small chance it could become serious, but so far it hasn't.

What is really really really ironic here, is my vaccinated roommate is the one who spread it to me, and is in much worse shape than I am.

Hay fever season is over soon. We need to prepare for the new flu this winter. Flu went awol 2020 and hay fever too in 2021. Flu the return...so they say.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Wishing you a speedy recovery, fella.

Take it easy for a week or two. Some people take a turn to worse 7-10 days in. Friend of mine is hospital at the moment because she didn't rest up.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

So around March of this year I had my annual allergy issues. Watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, tightness in my chest, etc. Happens every year and plays havoc with my asthma. Just like every year the treatment is the same, a week of prednisone and I'm all better.

I pinged my doctor about it and her nurse wanted me to come in and get tested for Covid. I bypassed that and set up a tele-medicine session with another doctor. He looked at my records and sure enough within a week or so every year for pretty much my entire life this happens. He wrote the prescription, I filled it, took my weeks worth of meds, and was all better. Just like every other year.

The fact they wanted to immediately assume it was Covid was very telling to me. So I'm sure that going forward if someone gets a cold it'll be 2 weeks of isolation and tests...for a common cold.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The pandemic should have never happened.

Reliable bio frequency tech ( Rife tech ) has been available for about 45 yrs.
The reason you don't see advertised or used by the medical profession is because the powers to be can't make any money off of it.
I've been infected 4 times now. I just go to my computer, bring up the program, click on the 2 SARS program and 1.5 hours later no more virus.
I've now gone to a per-preemptive schedule where I run the program twice a month .
Save yourself, go to Spooky2.com.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The fact they wanted to immediately assume it was Covid was very telling to me.

The fact that they wanted you to come in for testing says that they assumed nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Wishing you a speedy recovery, fella.

Take it easy for a week or two. Some people take a turn to worse 7-10 days in. Friend of mine is hospital at the moment because she didn't rest up.

Much appreciated, I'll be taking minimum 1 week off from work, even though I feel healthy enough to go back right now. It's the responsible thing to do, as I'm likely still contagious, and even though I fared exceptionally well to the big bad covid, not everyone else will be the same.

I'll do my part and self-quarantine, I have a support system that will help me with groceries and stuff.

Ughhh, just realized this is going to be a long freaking week...

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hypntick

The fact they wanted to immediately assume it was Covid was very telling to me.

The fact that they wanted you to come in for testing says that they assumed nothing.

If they call you to come in for specific testing, it's because they already know.

Case in point, my 8:45pm text, the SNHD didn't decide to reach out with a message telling me my test was negative, in fact it came in ASAP due to being positive.

If they reach out to you, something is wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If they call you to come in for specific testing, it's because they already know.

Yes. They know your symptoms indicate that you may be infected.

If they reach out to you, something is wrong.
They do prioritize releasing positive results. That makes sense when there are hundreds (thousands?) of tests each day.

I got tested on Friday afternoon because someone in my office tested positive. Went to a website this afternoon to get my results. Negative. I expect I'll get a phone call tomorrow or Monday. That's what I was told, anyway.

edit on 9/11/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They probably wont call you if you tested negative, part of the survey/info list I had to fill out was whether I wanted a phonecall to inform me of treatments. Seeing as Im fine, i obviously opted out of that

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I had it too in October 2020. It put me down for a couple of days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join