It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Congress and their staff are exempt from Biden's vaccine mandate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is not sitting in well on twitter on Newsweek mostly Liberal news outlet.

Members of Congress and their staff are exempt from Biden's vaccine mandate

Why are Congress and Staff Exempt from the vax mandates? if Congress are Exempt does that mean that WH admin and staff are also exempt?

Whats going on?

Biden issued two executive orders on Thursday requiring vaccination against COVID for federal workers and contractors who work for the federal government. He also asked the Department of Labor to issue an emergency order requiring businesses with more than 100 employees to ensure their workers are vaccinated or tested on a weekly basis. However, Biden's order on federal workers applies to employees of the executive branch. The House of Representatives and the Senate belong to the separate legislative branch, and the courts to the judicial branch of the federal government.

"As part of this effort, the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Indian Health Service, and the National Institute of Health will complete implementation of their previously announced vaccination requirements that cover 2.5 million people."

"She's saying she cannot force Members to be vaccinated, which is true," the statement said.
edit on 10-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the statistics don't lie.

From the CDC's website: There has been no one on record over 195 years old that has contracted or spread the COVID19 virus.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
NO!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

This is designed for solely one purpose, to keep Congress from objecting and filing motions!

CATEGORICALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

that definitely makes the most sense.

I've noticed some of the vaccinated people are starting to realize something is up. I wonder. Is this the tipping point?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This is a good thing.

This type of hypocrisy is exactly what many people need in order for them to finally open their eyes and question the reason for any mandates at all.

This is just more proof that the vaccine is not necessary.

edit on 9/10/21 by BrokenCircles because: didnt like 4th line

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

that definitely makes the most sense.

I've noticed some of the vaccinated people are starting to realize something is up. I wonder. Is this the tipping point?

I think it might be. Between Afghanistan, and the admin's handling of this covid crap, more and more are losing trust in anyone in a position of authority. Not just Washington, but even locally.

It's like slapping a timid dog's snout one time too many -- it's going to get pissed off and bite you eventually, and you already knew that but carried on anyway.

I had thought Afghanistan was the teetering candle atop the flimsy powder keg pile, but considering this move, it was more the wick of the candle, covid was the wax, and voila, Joe running his mouth may have just lit that wick.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The mandates are specifically targeting the un-brainwashed 🙂

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It’s so we have a working government. If they start dropping like flies on tv in front of the news then things would chang.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Chang mightily!

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They also exempted the postal service union.

If it was as dire as claimed there wouldn't be any exemptions. It just shows they are full of shiz.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This is designed for solely one purpose, to keep Congress from objecting and filing motions!

CATEGORICALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Since they are supposed to represent US and not themselves (yeah right haha), I hope some of the uncorrupted ones (if there are any left) will object on our behalf, plus besides that, Biden has no legal authority to institute or enforce any "mandate" related to diseases and pandemics.

Biden is a joke to the entire world at this point.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Aren't most of them already vaccinated?

ETA: No way in HELL should they be exempt. It's way past time that Congress starts being treated like any American worker.
edit on 10-9-2021 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Aren't most of them already vaccinated?

Are we sure they are really vaxed? Celebs? i mean look at the way arnold schwarzenegger said to those who protested about the masks? said F your freedoms?

While he was caught maskless?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

If it was as dire as claimed there wouldn't be any exemptions. It just shows they are full of shiz.

When I read that I knew it was all BS. In fact if the pandemic was as bad as they say why would they even still be sending mail, since it could carry germs?

Think of how much mail, from everywhere an average mail carrier touches every day. Now think of how many people come into contact with every single piece of mail.

Non e of it makes since because none of it is truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

IS

ANYONE

REALLY

SURPRISED ?

edit on 10 9 2021 by myselfaswell because: size really matters

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Congress has negatively impacted my life far more than Convid ever could. Can I get a shot that gets rid of Congress?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You're right. We're not sure. But I suspect the great majority of them are.

Did Ahnuld say that? I don't usually miss stuff. Haha everyone's a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

This is a good thing.

This type of hypocrisy is exactly what many people need in order for them to finally open their eyes and question the reason for any mandates at all.

This is just more proof that the vaccine is not necessary.

I agree with you, and it was the first thought that I had. It seems like they're just shooting themselves in the foot with such behavior. The only caveat that I would offer is that this is far from the first time they passed laws that they were then exempt from (something that is, pre-Covid, so outrageous that it should be a no brainer that it is also illegal).

The question is this; will it receive adequate coverage, and will the people actually respond?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

That has been retracted. They are mandated under OSHA, but not under EO. Whatever that means.

[UPDATE]: The Washington Post reports that the White House is now claiming that U.S. Postal Service “workers are part of the federal vaccine mandate under OSHA jurisdiction, though technically not under the executive order.”

Link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join