It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethics and I cannot believe I have to say this

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: GravitySucks

People dying because they can't get treatment due to covid surges. [Link]

Another 100% BS propaganda piece.

One of MANY flooding msm right now.

www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov...

Kansas ICU capacity is 64% of normal capacity, and only 2 facilities have even started to use their surge capacity, and aren't anywhere near that capacity.

EVERY SINGLE FACILITY with more than 10 total beds has beds available.

100% BS.

Again.

Oh.

Really?

Which one?

You didn't even click the link, because if you had? You would see that it's a search with over 88K results, albeit many are duplicates.

Cherry pick much?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Kansas ICU capacity is 64% of normal capacity, and only 2 facilities have even started to use their surge capacity, and aren't anywhere near that capacity.

100% BS.

Again.

Oh.

Really?

Which one?

You didn't even click the link, because if you had? You would see that it's a search with over 88K results, albeit many are duplicates.

Cherry pick much?

I clicked the link.

And found the first that was recent (many from Jan-April)

Can do the same for ANY of these 'stories'.

Because EVERY state now provides information about available hospital & ICU capacity.

Thank you President Trump.

msm could easily check for themselves instead of publishing such garbage, but their goal is to publish such garbage.

100% democrat propaganda.

100% BS.

Is why I could make the bold claim that you can't provide a single place where care is being rationed.

I already knew.

Because I already researched.

edit on 14-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   

100% BS.

Again.

Oh.

Really?

Which one?

Cherry pick much?

Official request #15 for a single example of what you claim.

I know you can't provide one.

By now, everyone here knows you can't provide one.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Why even bother with these hysterical idiots?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Why even bother with these hysterical idiots?

I couldn't care less about the idiot.

Am ending the usefulness of democrat's current propaganda here.

Is easy.

Have done same many times before.

Currently working on this one and horse dewormer.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Appreciate and understand the effort but at this point it is a done deal. Either people believe whatever they hear on the TV or they think for themselves. These people that post outright lies and only have insults as a response are already lost and if anyone reads what they post and believes it without verifying it... well to put it in the words of my favorite ATSer... who cares when they win Darwin awards for their own stupidity. I'm done being nice to these people.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Appreciate and understand the effort but at this point it is a done deal. Either people believe whatever they hear on the TV or they think for themselves. These people that post outright lies and only have insults as a response are already lost and if anyone reads what they post and believes it without verifying it... well to put it in the words of my favorite ATSer... who cares when they win Darwin awards for their own stupidity. I'm done being nice to these people.

I completely understand your position.

If I didn't have the ability to do things like this so easily, I probably wouldn't continue.

In this case, I decided the job was done yesterday, and left it alone for approx 24 hours.

In that time the same propaganda returned (at much lower volume), so I decided to throw a couple more punches.

My actual audience for this is not the idiot, or even our active users, whose positions are mostly defined & known.

Though a secondary goal is to provide newer ATS users with additional tools as they venture out to larger social networks.

My actual audience is our many lurkers, who may still be trying to figure out what is true or not, which can be difficult for many folks with the constant barrage of 24/7 democrat propaganda on all msm.

Might seem like a small & silly thing, but some of these efforts have had significant long term success.

Look back 4 months at the rampant TDS and whataboutisms on ATS at the time, that was my first effort this year.

Those were so rampant that communicating effectively here had become nearly impossible, and some of our most liked and talented users had simply stopped trying.

Those type of posts are nearly non existent now by comparison.

Can be messy & annoying during this activity, but results in a much more enjoyable & effective forum afterwards.

Another (unexpected) benefit is that every year a few of our most annoying trolls will get so frustrated that their propaganda has been neutered that they will actually kamikaze themselves into permanent posting ban - with no assistance from me.

Have you been here long enough to remember gnats like hope, silly & crypt?

edit on 14-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do agree in general. However, allowing the enemy to choose the fight may not be the best strategy. I'd rather choose the time, the place and the general circumstances of the battle

I prefer to fight to win, although maintaining your honor is always important too. I am torn on this

I see it like this...lying to actual people is wrong, but lying to a non-person like the government is fine to me when they lie as a matter of policy to us
edit on 9/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's not a reason to break your own ethics, is it??

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There are times when ethics give way to survival.

For example, I don't believe it is right to take another life; to do so would be unethical. However, if someone is shooting at me or especially at my family, I would happily return fire. Doing so would not bother me in the least. Their and my survival will at that point overcome my ethical aversion to taking a life.

Another example: I consider stealing unethical. However, if my family were starving and the only way to get them food was to steal it, would I do so? I would say yes, I probably would. Does that make me unethical? I don't think so, as long as I make every effort to avoid having to make that choice.

I would characterize that as there is nothing unethical about survival, even though the actions taken, out of that context, might be unethical.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Lots of really great points here.

I see it like this...we are justified in taking any action, no matter how severe, to ensure our survival and victory over the Axis of Evil.

This is a struggle of Good vs. Evil. Right vs. Wrong. Justice vs. Injustice.

There are no limits, and working within a system of hard limitations will only weaken our fighting forces.

The sooner we organize into battle ready regional commands the better off we will be. War has found us whether we like it or not
Patriots should continue force readiness and generally moving into position, smartly. We have a historic duty to protect our sovereignty and Constitution from the forces that seek to destroy or degrade it, and those who work to weaponize the Constitution against our liberties via interpretation and legislative/judicial/executive abuses
edit on 9/15/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

a reply to: JBurns

Admittedly, you both make good points. Ethics are fine and dandy, when you're fed. ...and warm. ...and safe.

They don't keep you warm when it's cold. Nor feed the kids. Then it becomes a bit more hazy, shall we say?

All of that I agree with.

But--you knew one was coming, right?--ethics are also what separate the good guys from the bad guys. If you burn the village to save the village--I wonder what the villagers think?? Probably that there's not a whole lot of difference between you, and the other guy--the supposed bad guy...

If y'all become the monster to defeat the monster--when it's all said and done, there's still a monster.

There is a middle ground, but it's a tough ground to hold--especially when the kids are hungry, and cold. Or when there's monsters to confront.

I suppose what I'm saying is, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and discarded ethics.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If you burn the village to save the village--I wonder what the villagers think?? Probably that there's not a whole lot of difference between you, and the other guy--the supposed bad guy...

The difference actually comes before the ethics get involved. The bad guy is the monster who attacks; the good guy is the monster who defends. When not attacking nor defending, there is no monster. The one who attacks is much more unstable and therefore much more dangerous than the one who defends.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join