It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Following The Freedom Until It Runs Out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
How much of this is actually political in reasoning?

It seems totally crazy to me that you could move for political reasons within the same country.

I understand the US less and less every time I log on to ATS now.

a reply to: IAMTAT

The US used to be a collection of states.
That is true to some extent, but is sadly going away. Biden has declared war on the governors that oppose him politically.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know there is no coast and its always hot but OKLAHOMA was the only state in the country that OBAMA did not win one county in .

So Im very proud of us for that

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You should come to Texas.

I moved here back in April after I retired. It's great here.

Just avoid Austin. I think that half of California has moved there in the last 5 years.

I blame the French.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

As I am an internet expert on Florida, or El Guapo as it is known by the locals, I can tell you you will need to own speed boats and wear white linen suits with t-shirts underneath to fit in.

Cuba is also located in Florida so watch out for that place.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As I am an internet expert on Florida, or El Guapo as it is known by the locals, I can tell you you will need to own speed boats and wear white linen suits with t-shirts underneath to fit in.

Cuba is also located in Florida so watch out for that place.

Waaaay ahead of you Tubbs. I'm getting the Ferrari...started wearing my wife's gold chains...using Rogaine on my chest...and taking my old high school swim team Speedo out of moth balls.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Please!! If you have a mosquito solution tell me! They are so bad here you can't go out at dusk or dawn without needing a transfusion. I've done all of the basics such as no standing water. I've tried every product advertised it seems. Its terrible.

Back on topic, moving sucks so much. Hope it goes smoothly for you and your wife. I am astounded by the way things are happening. I find myself frequently thinking, when. When will the limit be reached? How will that happen? Someone planning a protest and it just growing from there? How will the end begin? I'm happy to join in. I just don't know how it gets moving.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I wish I could do the same or maybe Texas, only I know sooner or later I'd be outed as a Californian then I might as well be a leper.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

...same country...

That's the source of your confusion right there.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama
As odd as it may sound, try a different laundry detergent, soap, shampoo, perfume, etc. mosquitos are bad here in NC too. My mother can be eaten alive by them, and not one will even land on me. Bugs can be attracted to the chemicals we use without even thinking about it. I’m allergic to all detergents except Purex free and clear. I use that and plain Ivory soap. I wear no body sprays or deodorant for the same reason. Flying insects just don’t seem to be interested in me at all, unless I attack a nest of some sort.
To the OP. By sister and BIL moved to Port Charlotte about 15 years ago and love it there. Other than the occasional bad storm that blows through, they’ve had no issues. Good luck on your journey and enjoy the adventure.

link   
I'm starting to realise that.

a reply to: loam

link   

Three things.

1) Native Floridians only like Native Floridians. They tolerate other southerners, but don’t really like them. Only about 5% of the population is Native Floridians so it isn’t debilitating. Just something to be aware of while out and about.

2) Joe declared war on Florida and other states last night. Given his military genius with Afghanistan, this isn’t debilitating either. Use the fact that you didn’t vote for Joe with the Native Floridians because they didn’t vote for him either. Common ground, something else to be aware of while out and about.

3) Dressing up as Joe Stalin 2.0 for Halloween sounds funny but might get you shot by Native Floridians while out and about...something to be very aware of.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Good move. And if you come through GA I'll buy you a beer. I think we will go back red in 2022. Nobody here likes Ossoff and Warnock and Abrams may get run out as well after their BS with MLB.

After Bottoms just handed the city over to rioters and gangs, nobody wants that crap here anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It's okay. The Natives are returning to the forest. Nature is healing.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I need to make a road trip for garbage bags of long leaf pine straw one of these days. All we have is short white pine needles here. Want to try my hand at making coiled baskets and don’t want to use grass stalks
edit on 10-9-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Good luck on your move , enjoy the ocean and pool . Talked to a guy in his 70's who was wearing a Don't Blame Me I voted for Trump t-Shirt and he is moving out of Michigan for the same reason . The lawsuits are going to be hot and heavy over this mandate

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It seems totally crazy to me that you could move for political reasons within the same country.

That is true to some extent, but is sadly going away. Biden has declared war on the governors that oppose him politically.

It seems that biden is carrying on the Qanon tradition that trump started.
edit on 10-9-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I know Texas is great...loved visiting there...but we have a lot of family in Florida...and more on the way.

Understandable, I have a bunch of family in FL too. I just prefer to not have to see them too often.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I know Texas is great...loved visiting there...but we have a lot of family in Florida...and more on the way.

Understandable, I have a bunch of family in FL too. I just prefer to not have to see them too often.

Hear that.
I have an aging parent who needs me close by...and she's afraid my psycho sister (also near her) will put her into some kind on 'Misery' scenario.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: butcherguy

It seems that biden is carrying on the Qanon tradition that trump started.

It's like it is physically impossible for you to post without bringing up Q out of nowhere.

LOL
edit on 9 10 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Cheers from the Space Coast.

Born and raised and I'm still here.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join