It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Following The Freedom Until It Runs Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
...and then, in true Alamo fashion...I'll make my final stand and go down waving 'Old Glory'.

We've had enough...Mrs. TAT is scared...I'm just doing what is needed to keep her happy and both of us as free as possible.

We're moving from a home we love in a state we've loved...to a strange, hot, faraway, place called Florida...which still has a Governor who isn't a political jellyfish...who still seems to believe in FREEDOM!

ALSO....I'm getting my swimming pool and the beach.

OP NOTE: We're currently in the process of selling, buying and moving...so I expect I'll be a bit less active here for a while.
(OP DISCLAIMER: I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS RACIST DICTATOR IMBECILE PRESIDENT.)

edit on 10-9-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

the closer you are to the beach, the better the breeze, gulf side gets lots of rain in the afternoons. If you find yourself inundated with mosquitoes, shoot me a PM, I have a solution for you. I don't live in Florida, I just have family there.

Good luck with your move, and enjoy the year round warm, and the lack of state taxes. Oh, and the Governor who isn't an idiot as well. If you need help moving, call Augustus, he loves packing boxes.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You should come to Texas.

I moved here back in April after I retired. It's great here.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You should come to Texas.

I moved here back in April after I retired. It's great here.

I know Texas is great...loved visiting there...but we have a lot of family in Florida...and more on the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Of course you need to do what's best for you. But I wish some of you folks would move to swing States. Lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I envy you TAT. If I could, I'd be out of Illinois in a moment, but it's not feasible at present. I hope you and the Mrs enjoy your new home. Remember us poor souls stuck in Marxist hell.

edit on 9/10/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Most didn't ......

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I seriously hope you moving to Florida for other reasons other than politics. It would severely suck for you to do all that to then find yourself in a Blue Florida.

Florida hasn’t been blue for years now and the likelihood is somewhat small but Dems in Florida tend to be more progressives than in other states. If Florida turns blue it would be more like California blue than Colorado blue.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Welcome to the neighborhood!

I may be biased, but check out Port St Lucie.

Two hours from Orlando, two hours from Miami. Under twenty minutes to the beach from pretty much anywhere in the city. Great golfing, lots of hiking, plenty of fresh and saltwater fishing around. We have a great park system, lots of local activities. Mostly everyone has pride in their city. The city does do monthly concerts in the summer. We recently has Styx, Jo Dee Messina, and Little River Band all come through for free shows. Great fireworks displays and carnivals. The county sprays for mosquitos regularly and they're never that bad.

Traffic can suck, but that's pretty much anywhere in Florida. There is little to no nightlife or bar scene, if that's something you're into. Property taxes are high, but still less than what we paid in Michigan for less house.

Port St. Lucie ranks in the Top 20 'America’s Safest Cities to Raise a Child,' study finds

Po rt St. Lucie listed in U.S. News & World Report's '5 best places to retire in America'

Port St. Lucie remains the safest large City in Florida, according to state crime data

Good luck!
edit on 9/10/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing wonky link.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...and then, in true Alamo fashion...I'll make my final stand and go down waving 'Old Glory'.

We've had enough...Mrs. TAT is scared...I'm just doing what is needed to keep her happy and both of us as free as possible.

We're moving from a home we love in a state we've loved...to a strange, hot, faraway, place called Florida...which still has a Governor who isn't a political jellyfish...who still seems to believe in FREEDOM!

OP NOTE: We're currently in the process of selling, buying and moving...so I expect I'll be a bit less active here for a while.

Sounds more like running away rather than following something... where next? Time for you to leave the USA?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Good move! Just make sure you do your research, al ot of areas of Florida have a ton of liberals, mainly down South, i don't live in the Southern end of Florida i live in North, we are way more Conservative up here. Trying to get my son down here from liberal Maine. Enjoy Florida!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

the closer you are to the beach, the better the breeze, gulf side gets lots of rain in the afternoons. If you find yourself inundated with mosquitoes, shoot me a PM, I have a solution for you. I don't live in Florida, I just have family there.

Good luck with your move, and enjoy the year round warm, and the lack of state taxes. Oh, and the Governor who isn't an idiot as well. If you need help moving, call Augustus, he loves packing boxes.

Well, I'm thinking of going to Florida. So, what's your mosquito solution?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Yeah, that is true. St Lucie and Martin counties are about as far south as you can go before it turns real blue. Even here we're pretty on the fence, but have leaned red in recent elections. Okeechobee and Indian River counties are pretty solidly red. Okeechobee is more rural and Indian River is more upper crust types.

Dan Bongino lives in Palm City (Martin County). My wife says he's a big name commentator.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BringMeT

Sounds more like running away rather than following something... where next? Time for you to leave the USA?

Really?
We already voted in the mostest super-awesome fairest gosh darn un-fixed US election since Lord God Almighty created the heavens and the earth...what more should I have done?

Face it...the Fascists are measuring the drapes...the last chopper is leaving Saigon...All is lost!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: network dude

Well, I'm thinking of going to Florida. So, what's your mosquito solution?

Garlic and swimming pool cage.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

C'mon down!

Move to a county that has an effective and active mosquito control regimen.

If you have a pool, having a pool enclosure helps. Keep grass short and lawn features trimmed. You can spray the lawn, but that's not the best option (it runs into the waterways!). Some people swear by bug bulbs. Also, the traditional method of not allowing standing water is a great start. You know what loves mosquitos? Bats! Build a couple bat boxes and put them at least twenty feet up (and not over anything you don't want guano on!).

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Enjoy taking all that salt with you to Florida. Florida....

4 years of Trump went to peoples heads, its been a rough landing back to reality and it looks like some people just can't hack it.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We're moving from a home we love in a state we've loved...to a strange, hot, faraway, place called Florida

Don't do it. Florida is Hell.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

We're moving from a home we love in a state we've loved...to a strange, hot, faraway, place called Florida

Don't do it. Florida is Hell.

Family already there LOVE living there.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How much of this is actually political in reasoning?

It seems totally crazy to me that you could move for political reasons within the same country.

I understand the US less and less every time I log on to ATS now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join