It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department voices concerns over all-male Taliban government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Not Americans - woke progressives.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not Americans - woke progressives.

Is there really a difference? According to my TV set not being a woke progressives is un-American.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If only woke progressivism was confined to america....

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
NOW all of a sudden the U.S. State Dept is OH-SO-Concerned when they can't do anything !!!!!!!

More phony Democrat bulls#t PR rubbish 不不不不不

Hey wait let Biden "hunt them down" 不不不

The State Dept is all screwed up...inside of an Administration that is all screwed up.

This is serious "What The Hell?" stuff:

1. Biden State Dept won't let private flights with Afghanistan evacuees (hundreds of Americans!) land in the USA, due to security concerns.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

2. Biden allowed military flights containing child rapists, and terrorists on wanted lists, to land here and help the thousands of passengers get cozy in various U.S. locations.

3. Biden Admin has thus far allowed hundreds of thousands of un-vetted migrants to walk, fly, drive in to America from Mexico this year, with no sign that his administration gives a fuk.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm confused. I thought we weren't supposed to criticize the hardcore Muslims.

Did the State Dept only just now realize how they treat women, gays and others who don't strictly adhere to their views?

Clown world.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Probably not enough gays in the Taliban for them either.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Man... I miss the good ole days of just getting laughed at for trying to suggest JFK was an inside job, 9/11 was an inside job... MKUltra, etc. etc...

Look at us now. They've effectively won.

Ahhh yes, the good ol' days, when stating what was obvious meant you were crazy. Now those who assert what is obviously crazy are in charge.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
They havent won. There is more information about corruption and conspiracy accessible now then ever before and being more widely disseminated as well.

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Since things went so well last time, my advice for the State Department would be to stay out of Afghanistans business. Especially if they find the Talibans policies to be offensive. Just send the customary we dont like you letter.

I dont like the Talibans policies much myself but hey ho, their country their rules. The Afghans didnt seem overly welcoming of western liberalism. Kabul and its carefully cultivated westernised elite is not indicitive of the rest of the country. These things cant be forced (obviously) and social changes if they are to be must be allowed to occur naturally at their own pace.

"must be allowed to occur naturally at their own pace."

How very Chamberlain.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

all-male Taliban government

No way !!???

Did anyone see this coming? I sure did not.

/S , Of course.

Years of SJW's in the states defending ISIS and friends and now are sitting in the white house with this as one of their prime achievements.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 09 Sep 2021 04:48:04 -05002120219America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Now the Taliban absolutely assured that women would have a place in their government. They said someone has to bring in the sammiches.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
They havent won. There is more information about corruption and conspiracy accessible now then ever before and being more widely disseminated as well.

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

This may be true. But who is listening?

Maybe they have not yet won. I fear however, it's one of those things akin to a frog being slowly boiled in a pot. And what do you do, being a mere 21st century peasant, in a "game of thrones" of sorts? How/where/when do we as the people of this world, acquire the power to move pieces on their grand chessboard?

I'm often too pessimistic. Here is to optimism though.

edit on 9-9-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The U.S. Government as we knew it has about 1 year left

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

In all honesty in all those years we have been there it was a much safer and freer country. Girls could go to school abd become doctors even. I know not very much wow compared to the west where woman can choose to do anything they want (And still complain about it). But the people over there did choose to keep sharia law as their main institute of law.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 09 Sep 2021 12:06:39 -05002120219America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

That is the thing. The Afghan people had a taste of freedom and was able to understand that it wasnt just words and platitudes. They will not be able to provide that for their children making life worse than they had it which is a driving factor in human development to make things as good or better for your children as it was for you.

When these women are grandmothers telling the grandchildren stories of what they experienced...that could be the spark for change. Look at the idealism of Millennials and their Hippie grandparents or the independent stoicism of Gen X and their Great Depression grandparents.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A large part of it and what makes me sick to my stomach is this ....

We have all been talking to our respective family and friends for about 20 years now since 9/11. We have slowly been vindicated in the news but not in the eyes and minds of those we were talking to.

They shut their eyes to American complicities in things like Tomkin, 911 and Benghazi.

Now we can fastforward to an even bigger horror which is the COVDI19 (don't they love their acronyms and numbers) HOOAH

The cognitive dissonance has gotten so strong in these peoples' minds in the last 20 years that there is NO TURNING BACK.

I haven't 'lost friends' but I have lost the feeling of warmth and bonding I had with them now that in their minds they have chosen to choose the side big government to relieve them of anger and thinking. Its a full time job.

Makes me sad.

And the other 'side' could read this and say 'oh hes so misguided and lost. I wish he would just get the vaccine so this could be over (vomit)' and i tell them it will never be over.

But guess what.
I never get a response.

I only get a response when its about stupid # like houses or cars.

a reply to: Onlyyouknow

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
and then what?

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
State was breached the moment Hilary became the 'head'

a reply to: loam

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

That is the thing. The Afghan people had a taste of freedom and was able to understand that it wasnt just words and platitudes. They will not be able to provide that for their children making life worse than they had it which is a driving factor in human development to make things as good or better for your children as it was for you.

When these women are grandmothers telling the grandchildren stories of what they experienced...that could be the spark for change. Look at the idealism of Millennials and their Hippie grandparents or the independent stoicism of Gen X and their Great Depression grandparents.

I definitely see your point but somehow cant see that happening over there. They have been stuck in a time from more than a thousand years ago. Long before islam existed Christianity had already reformed itself. Islam has never done that. That may take anther thousand years in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I would find it hard for Islam to survive such a schism what Martin Luther did to the church along with Henry VIII and the formation of the Church of England for less esoteric reasons. And while Catholics and Protestants are not as divided, there is still quite a separation. Which you can see if you look no further back than 1960 and JFK running for President.

Even now there is a bit of separation from Middle Eastern and Non Middle Eastern Muslims regardless of which sect they follow. But that is a hodge-podge of racism and theology differences at play. Christianity was flexible enough to include local customs like Christmas Trees and Easter Bunnies. Islam does not lend that flexibility.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join