It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department voices concerns over all-male Taliban government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No...this isn't an Onion article.

Well, as you're likely aware, Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan has pretty much been a #show. If you're not up to date, check out all the various recent ATS threads on the matter.

Anyway, the State Department on Tuesday their expressed concerns...

About how the Taliban just might not be keeping that promise they made about allowing women into politics and may in fact just be appointing a bunch of their male close associates including wanted criminals...

Meanwhile though, you've got people stranded in Afghanistan, people abandoned, dying...

But...anyway I guess..

Making sure the Afghanis have an 'inclusive government' is top priority...

thehill.com...

The State Department on Tuesday expressed concerns over the makeup of the new interim Afghan government announced by the Taliban, including the lack of female leaders and the past actions of some of those appointed to top posts.

A State Department spokesperson said in a statement shared with The Hill that although the Taliban “has presented this as a caretaker cabinet,” the U.S. “will judge the Taliban by its actions, not words.” 

“We have made clear our expectation that the Afghan people deserve an inclusive government,” the spokesperson added. 

The statement went on to note that the list of names announced by the Taliban earlier Tuesday “consists exclusively of individuals who are members of the Taliban or their close associates and no women.”

The announced leaders come after the Taliban last month specifically called on women to join government offices in an apparent attempt to portray itself as a more moderate version of the group that previously enforced extreme laws on women and girls, including preventing them from going to school and barring them from leaving their homes unless they were accompanied by a man.

The State Department also said Tuesday that it was “concerned by the affiliations and track records of some of the individuals."

edit on 8/9/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Man... I miss the good ole days of just getting laughed at for trying to suggest JFK was an inside job, 9/11 was an inside job... MKUltra, etc. etc...

Look at us now. They've effectively won.

edit on 9-8-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
NOW all of a sudden the U.S. State Dept is OH-SO-Concerned when they can't do anything !!!!!!!

More phony Democrat bulls#t PR rubbish 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey wait let Biden "hunt them down" 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Since things went so well last time, my advice for the State Department would be to stay out of Afghanistan’s business. Especially if they find the Taliban’s policies to be offensive. Just send the customary “we don’t like you” letter.

I don’t like the Taliban’s policies much myself but hey ho, their country their rules. The Afghans didn’t seem overly welcoming of western liberalism. Kabul and it’s carefully cultivated westernised elite is not indicitive of the rest of the country. These things can’t be forced (obviously) and social changes if they are to be must be allowed to occur naturally at their own pace.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

We should send all the BLM and Metoo people over there to protest....please can we?

ETA...also the people who advocated for paper straws....they deserve to be flogged.
edit on 9/8/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The State Department on Tuesday expressed concerns over the makeup of the new interim Afghan government announced by the Taliban, including the lack of female leaders and the past actions of some of those appointed to top posts.

LOL, and to the naive children of the US State Department, I wish you well on your journey to adulthood and wisdom.

edit on 8 9 2021 by myselfaswell because: credit to CWM.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Secretary Blinken not think'n goes blank'n 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Total drain filler 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My niece asked if I felt better getting vindicated about my conspiracy theories... I said nope it's fracking terrifying I liked it better when I was the cool odd uncle.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

We should send all the BLM and Metoo people over there to protest....please can we?

ETA...also the people who advocated for paper straws....they deserve to be flogged.

Sounds perfect; let’s send antifa too.

On topic: Who is buying into this crap? I would really like to know the people who are being played as fools that gobble up this propaganda spewing from our government. My friends and family are all dumbfounded by the current happenings.

edit on 8-9-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Jeez, what the hell did they expect?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

They should have thought of this last month. It's beyond our governments control now. Who is surprised that they fill the government with men or even that many of those men are on a terror watch list?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Taliban will likely do better. After all we are living the results of an all-eunuch government here.

link   

originally posted by: tamusan

They should have thought of this last month. It's beyond our governments control now. Who is surprised that they fill the government with men or even that many of those men are on a terror watch list?

No one who lives in reality instead of progressive land.

link   
From a bunch of goat rider 8th century terrorist jackasses who sincerely believe women are a second class sub species primarily meant for breeding, our State Department is concerned about them installing an all male government.

Really?????

Just a feeble, weak, pathetic attempt at being concerned over what they 100 percent knew would be happening and have absolutely no issue with when there's no cameras rolling.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read about this earlier.
And why doesn’t the Taliban have any trans being represented? hahaha.
4 previous detainees from Gitmo.
One of them still has a 10,000,000. Bounty on them.

But wait! senile old Joe will hunt them down in his walker... then regale the with tales about the kids..
The kids used to rub his leg hair. And roaches, Joe knows about roaches....

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nah, we'll get our man. Just tell Uncle Joe that one of them is Ali al-Moussa El KornPop and he's a real bad dude.
edit on 8-9-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Maybe the State Department can call someone who gives a sh!t.

When the woke step outside of their little bubble, they are met with based reality.

Not everyone on the planet is obsessed with bowing to political correctness - the reason the US is in the mess its in, in Afghanistan and other places, is precisely because it thinks it can export its version of wokness to the world with little or no push back.

Here is an update on the score so far.....

Taliban = 2
US government globalists = 0

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And people wonder why many in the world think Americans are out of touch and arrogant.

We just surrender to the Taliban and now we are proclaiming to them we don't like the government they are forming.

"What are you going to do about it; surrender again?" ~ The Taliban

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

This is what happens when acedemic leftist douche-waffles meet the real world.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Forget not having a diverse enough government!

They have committed the line that shall not be crossed. They painted over St. George of the Fentenyl. Now they've done it and we can expect Kabul to erupt into nights and night of fiery, but mostly peaceful protests over this outrage ... just as soon as our local astroturf orgs get their professional riot act together.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join