It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine mandates are growing. Here’s how employees feel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My direct employer has not mandated the job, however, I am currently working at a Federal national lab that just yesterday issued that all employees and subcontractors (we are a subcontractor) are MANDATED to get the jab by Oct 15 or your badge will be revoked and your will no longer be able to enter lab property. I am not getting the jab, I did submit a religious exemption to my employer, so we shall see where that goes.

Here is the Catholic religious exemption I submitted, in case anyone else wants to use it.

To Whom It May Concern,
I am a baptized Catholic seeking an exemption from an immunization requirement. This letter explains how the Catholic Church’s teachings may lead individual Catholics, including me, [insert name here], to decline certain vaccines.
The Roman Catholic Church teaches that a person may be required to refuse a medical intervention, including a vaccination, if his or her informed conscience comes to this sure judgment. While the Catholic Church does not prohibit the use of any vaccine, and generally encourages the use of safe and effective vaccines as a way of safeguarding personal and public health, the following authoritative Church teachings demonstrate the principled religious basis on which a Catholic may determine that he or she ought to refuse certain vaccines:
• Vaccination is not morally obligatory in principle and so must be voluntary.1
• There is a general moral duty to refuse the use of medical products, including certain vaccines, that are produced using human cells lines derived from direct abortions. It is permissible to use such vaccines only under certain case-specific conditions, based on a judgment of conscience.2
• A person’s informed judgments about the proportionality of medical interventions are to be respected unless they contradict authoritative Catholic moral teachings.3
• A person is morally required to obey his or her sure conscience.4
A Catholic may judge it wrong to receive certain vaccines for a variety of reasons consistent with these teachings, and there is no authoritative Church teaching universally obliging Catholics to receive any vaccine. An individual Catholic may invoke Church teaching to refuse a vaccine developed or produced using abortion-derived cell lines. More generally, a Catholic might refuse a vaccine based on the Church’s teachings concerning therapeutic proportionality. Therapeutic proportionality is an assessment of whether the benefits of a medical intervention outweigh the undesirable side-effects and burdens in light of the integral good of the person, including spiritual, psychological, and bodily goods.5 It can also extend to the good of others and the common good, which likewise entail spiritual and moral dimensions and are not reducible to public health. The judgment of therapeutic proportionality must be made by the person who is the potential recipient of the intervention in the concrete circumstances,6 not by public health authorities or by other individuals who might judge differently in their own situations.
At the core of the Church’s teaching are the first and last points listed above: vaccination is not a universal obligation and a person must obey the judgment of his or her own informed and certain conscience. In fact, the Catechism of the Catholic Church instructs that following one’s conscience is following Christ Himself:
In all he says and does, man is obliged to follow faithfully what he knows to be just and right. It is by the judgment of his conscience that man perceives and recognizes the prescriptions of the divine law: “Conscience is a law of the mind; yet [Christians] would not grant that it is nothing more; . . . [Conscience] is a messenger of him, who, both in nature and in grace, speaks to us behind a veil, and teaches and rules us by his representatives. Conscience is the aboriginal Vicar of Christ.”7
Therefore, if a Catholic comes to an informed and sure judgment in conscience that he or she should not receive a vaccine, then the Catholic Church requires that the person follow this certain judgment of conscience and refuse the vaccine. The Catechism is clear: “Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. ‘He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters.’”8
Sincerely in Christ,
[insert name here]

1 Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), “Note on the Morality of Using Some Anti-COVID-19 Vaccines,” December 17, 2020, n. 5: “At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary.”
2 See Pontifical Academy for Life, “Moral Reflections on Vaccines Prepared from Cells Derived from Aborted Human Foetuses,” June 9, 2005; Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Instruction Dignitas personae, 2008, nn. 34-35; Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, “Note on the Morality of Using Some Anti-COVID-19 Vaccines,” nn. 1-3. When there is a sufficiently serious reason to use the product and there is no reasonable alternative available, the Catholic Church teaches that it may be permissible to use the immorally sourced product under protest. In any case, whether the product is used or not, the Catholic Church teaches that all must make their disagreement known and request the development of equal or better products using biological material that does not come from abortions.
3 See United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, 6th ed. (Washington, DC: USCCB Publishing, 2018), n. 28. Hereafter “ERDs.”
4 “A human being must always obey the certain judgment of his conscience. If he were deliberately to act against it, he would condemn himself. Yet it can happen that moral conscience remains in ignorance and makes erroneous judgments about acts to be performed or already committed.” Catechism of the Catholic Church (Vatican City: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1993), www.vatican.va, n. 1790. Hereafter “CCC.”
5 See ERDs, nn. 32-33; nn. 56-57; Part Three, Introduction, para. 2; Part Five, Introduction, para. 3.
6 See ERDs, nn. 56-57. Both of these directives state that the proportionality of medical interventions is established “in the patient’s judgment.”
7 CCC, n. 1777, citing John Henry Cardinal Newman, "Letter to the Duke of Norfolk," V, in Certain Difficulties felt by Anglicans in Catholic Teaching II (London: Longmans Green, 1885), 248.
8 CCC, n. 1782, citing Second Vatican Council, Dignitatis humanae, December 7, 1965, n. 3

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

It depends upon the disease in question.

For the flu we don't mandate vaccines, but for smallpox we did.

Smart policy is based upon known facts. Covid has a 99% survival rate and is easily treated with existing drugs.

Since I have people that travel its a pretty extensive list of vaccines, but it doesn't change the fact companies do use them for employment.

So let me ask you, I want to send a person to San Diego to work and we are told that if they are not vaccinated they need to quarantine for 10 days, so who pays for that? Should the person be pay too just waiting their 10 days?

Now I need to send a person overseas and the country they are going to will only allow vaccinated foreigners to come, so what do I do with the person who doesn't want to vaccinate?

There are other scenarios, but it isn't the same as lets say not getting a flu shot.

edit on 4-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Here is the Catholic religious exemption I submitted, in case anyone else wants to use it.

Have you ever got another vaccine willfully with your own choice?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes I know it is an extensive list. Like government, it grows year by year. I remember in the early 80s with my kids, it was 5 shots.

For my grandchildren about 5 years ago it was up to 20 or more. Somebody benefits, and it is not the injected person.

They have established a relationship between general health and records of vaccination, and it's not good for the recipients.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes I know it is an extensive list. Like government, it grows year by year. I remember in the early 80s with my kids, it was 5 shots.

For my grandchildren about 5 years ago it was up to 20 or more. Somebody benefits, and it is not the injected person.

They have established a relationship between general health and records of vaccination, and it's not good for the recipients.

I have had about 50 to include 8 Anthrax and 3 Rabies

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Get ready for your employer to mandate vaccines. It appears new polling data will "push" them in that direction. I really do not understand the hysteria on this. 40% would consider quitting if their employer didn't mandate vaccines to their co-workers??? Only 23% would consider quitting if their employer mandated vaccines.

It appears the Tech industry has the largest number with 75% supporting vaccine mandates.

Employees may quit over company vaccine requirements—whether they implement them or not, new research indicates.

hrexecutive.com...

new data indicates that employer vaccine requirements have a majority backing from employees.

Research from Qualtrics suggests that 60% of employees say they would be supportive if their employer required vaccines for in-person work. And not only do many support mandates, but nearly 40% of workers would consider quitting if their employer did not mandate vaccines for in-person work—data that indicates employers have a business case for mandating vaccines.

Why quit over a retarded vaccine mandate, force them to fire you. It's a human rights violation and the businesses have NO PROTECTION under law, ZERO. The government has structured illegal orders to be carried out by proxy, it just means the proxy (business) is always liable. It's the same as in the military, you never follow an illegal order, because you are liable and your CO either skates or gets a slap on the wrist.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It depends upon the disease in question.

For the flu we don't mandate vaccines, but for smallpox we did.

Smart policy is based upon known facts. Covid has a 99% survival rate and is easily treated with existing drugs.

Since I have people that travel its a pretty extensive list of vaccines, but it doesn't change the fact companies do use them for employment.

So let me ask you, I want to send a person to San Diego to work and we are told that if they are not vaccinated they need to quarantine for 10 days, so who pays for that? Should the person be pay too just waiting their 10 days?

Now I need to send a person overseas and the country they are going to will only allow vaccinated foreigners to come, so what do I do with the person who doesn't want to vaccinate?

There are other scenarios, but it isn't the same as lets say not getting a flu shot.

So let me ask you... What other vaccines are you forcing employees to get that not only do not prevent them from getting infected, but also don't prevent them from spreading the infection that the vaccine fails to prevent?

The flu shots don't really work, but every year millions of people line up and get them. Every one I've gotten just made me sick for months, so I stopped taking them. Work still encourages me to get the flu shot, knowing full well it doesn't prevent the flu. If we reach 80 percent of the population getting flu shots, will it stop the flu?
No. That's a silly notion.

This whole thing is just a distraction from something more nefarious, and everyone is falling for it because the media is forcing this propaganda on us.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

So let me ask you... What other vaccines are you forcing employees to get that not only do not prevent them from getting infected, but also don't prevent them from spreading the infection that the vaccine fails to prevent?

Rabies... 2 shots over 21 days, might be mRNA based too. All it does is delay the rabies a few extra days so you can get to treatment.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're comparing Penicillin to the mRNA shots?

Lol. I've heard it all now. Penicillin is an antibiotic.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I have had about 50 to include 8 Anthrax and 3 Rabies
Well I had a hundred to beat typhoid etc etc. Why do you have such a hard on for the mRNA shots?

You seem rabid about it yourself. Did you not take your rabies shots every 2 weeks?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Im guessing you work on “the hill” As do I, I’m hoping something stops them but it looks like I’ll be getting it
a reply to: panoz77

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

In School i dont remember them asking me about the flu shots. At least when i was young in high school.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

My employer already has.

Filed my medical exemption paperwork friday.

All approved.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My employer already has.

All approved.

Did your MD try to persuade you to get the vaccine even if it may be harmful?

Our MD's in Ontario were just issued an announcement that they need to be VERY strict about who they give exemptions to, and that they may risk their career for handing them out too much.

In other words, they are trying to use fear tactics to stop people from even asking for them and MD's from issuing them, even if it could be harmful or fatal.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

My employer already has.

All approved.

Our MD's in Ontario were just issued an announcement that they need to be VERY strict about who they give exemptions to, and that they may risk their career for handing them out too much.

In other words, they are trying to use fear tactics to stop people from even asking for them and MD's from issuing them, even if it could be harmful or fatal.

No, there was no way for me to safely take the vaccine. He agreed that it would probably kill me. He did schedule a follow-up with an immunologist to determine how at risk I am for other things.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

My employer already has.

All approved.

No, there was no way for me to safely take the vaccine. He agreed that it would probably kill me. He did schedule a follow-up with an immunologist to determine how at risk I am for other things.

That's good.

I know there are MD's with principles still out there that will do what's right.

I'm SOL for medical reasons, but I'm going to try to get an exemption based on other reasons (which will be difficult here, but I'm going to do it even if I need a lawyer).

I think Health Canada warning them is overstepping the bounds IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The thing with fake vax cards. They are too easy if I just clone brother joes who had the shots, Or even my drunk mate Fred, or the one that was in the handbag theft which got cloned a thousand times. If they didn't realize it was cloned it would not be reported. and the identity matches the recipient. Or even if I give the dumb kid a few bucks to copy his. This will be a great excuse to move on with the chip implant for your safety of course. It's a rocky road to be sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My employer (50,000 employees, privately held company) already has as well.

Prove you are vaccinated by October 18 or consider yourself separated. The usual exemptions apply, religious, medical.

If you can prove you got a first shot by October 18, you get a four-week extension.

Unvaccinated people talked about quitting, but many are now getting vaccinated. They're not sharing numbers or names, but I'm thinking that we'll notice if and when people start disappearing.

They are also working closely with law enforcement to weed out the false cards. What that means, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

My problem with the Vax. Is that I don't consider myself the brightest light in the room, so often I ask myself what are my intellectual betters doing. So I ask what are they doing and thinking,? PhD's are the most considered the most intelligent and they have decided against having a shot, not only that they are the least likely to change their minds.unherd.com... BuWfSk

Now that's fuking interesting isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Good luck, for me it was just some paperwork and a look at my medical records the entire process took about 20 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join