It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candace Owens Was Denied China Virus Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting little story.

Conservative, Candace Owens was in Aspen Colorado and needed to get a CV test for travel...so she booked a testing time at ...

Aspen Laboratories, known as Aspen Covid Test, which bills itself as the “Only CLIA Certified High Complexity laboratory capable of resulting Covid-19 PCR and antigen tests in the Roaring Fork Valley.”

Ms. Owens is un-"vaxxed"...by choice...but is still playing by all the rules...and, because of her busy travel schedule, she gets frequent CV tests.
So Ms. Owens' assistant made Owens' booking under her married name of 'Candace Farmer'.

This is where it gets now gets interesting.

The facility denied her request for an appointment.

See email from the facility's owner:

I’ve just learned of this testing request and as the owner of this business am going to refuse this booking and deny service. We cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation, politicizing and DISCOURAGING the wearing of masks and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations.

The only other local testing facility option is the free kiosk by city hall. They mail their tests to Texas and have inconsistent result times, do not take appointments so its walk in only midday weekdays in their back alley.

My team and myself have worked overtime, to exhaustion, unpaid and underpaid this past year, spending our own capital to ensure that our community remains protected. It would be unfair to them and to the sacrifices we have all made this year to serve you.

Suzanna

thelibertydaily.com...

In short, the Aspen testing facility's founder and owner doesn't like Candace Owens or her politics...so she just denied Ms. Owens service.

I see grounds for a potential discrimination lawsuit.

edit on 2-9-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Agreed. Lawsuit potential here should exist. This is simply unethical behavior. If you truly care about health, you would want to ensure that people at least get tested, whether you agree with them, like them, or even despise them, your duty is first to individual and public health. I think from a business perspective this was a bad move that will most likely bite that clinic in the arse.

PS: She also went waaaay out of her way to describe the alternative...no?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This # is exactly what was expected by most of us.

We are all the same, but some are same-r.

I don't complain about the owner's decision, it's her right, but the moral behind it is beyond questionable.

This is just making life difficult for someone out of spite.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Yep. Black, Conservative, Female...a three-pronged major lawsuit incoming.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Uh-oh. First case of denying a medical procedure based on politics. And in writing!

Get ‘em Candice. She’s going to enjoy this low hanging peach of a lawsuit.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These people are stupid.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Refusing to test a black citizen during a pandemic? I guess they don't agree that BLM.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
These people are stupid.

Stupid is...as Stupid does.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Good! Her fear-mongering and propaganda have killed and hurt who knows how many americans. The vaccine doesn't work but the test does? Get bent, Candace

edit on 2-9-2021 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Good! Her fear-mongering and propaganda have killed and hurt who knows how many americans. The vaccine doesn't work but the test does? Get bent, Candace

First...Thank you for this response.

How long have you supported discrimination?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Is the Hippocratic oath really a thing, or is it just a point in the graduation ceremony?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm going to call "fake" on this one. This supposed email is playing buzz word bingo, and is using a passive-aggressive tone that's typical click bate outrage messages. It doesn't sound like an angry person wrote it, or even a professional.

It a couple of steps away from one of those "your yard decorations are too blackgay" notes that do the rounds every couple of months.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

How is her brand of fear mongering any different than pro-vaxx fear mongering?

It's simple: Vaccinate or don't. I didn't, I got covid, and I recovered within 9 days with very few ill effects. I don't think covid was bad enough to shut down the entire world. People with preexisting conditions should've followed CDC science and the rest of us could deal with it our own way.

Herd immunity > covid vax

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
IAMTAT, I don't understand your question. Discrimination in what sense? Science deniers picking and choosing what medical practices are legit? The employees of that testing facility have been risking their health, working countless hours and someone who has actively fought against health provisions that would render the testing unnecessary in the first place has the audacity to come in under a fake name and pretend all is forgotten?

Candace Owens is a garbage person

link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

Uh-oh. First case of denying a medical procedure based on politics. And in writing!

Get ‘em Candice. She’s going to enjoy this low hanging peach of a lawsuit.

That would actually be ... protected speech. Companies can legally discriminate against you based on your politics. Just ask all of the conservatives who can't get a credit card.

+19 more 
link   

Ah, the sweet sound of the accept and love everyone team....quickly crumbling into the "I hope you all die" team.

Tell me how you became so hurt and weak....I have a good idea, but would like to hear it in your words.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

No, but it works well enough to travel which is supposed to be how it works. No worries, the people that said this would happen which turns American citizens into second citizens were just fearmongering, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

By the time they're done being dragged through the courts, the only place around to get a test WILL be city hall, because these dolts just handed Owens & her lawyers a hell of a blank check that will wipe that lab out of business.

And rightfully so. No one getting picky like that should be allowed to operate if they're holding the door open to any & all for testing, but getting choosy anyway. THAT is unethical, and pretty sure very criminal.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Dont you just feel like punching someone in the mouth when they behave like the facility's owner?

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Wow, you people are just advertising your racism now.

Can't stand to see a successful black woman huh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join