It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Root cause of border crossing surge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you pay the cartels, create the demand ... look at the scope and scale of human misery they cause to everyone else around them.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: network dude

Human caused climate change --- is no doubt --- the major "root cause" of the surge of immigrants from South America to the United States.

Citation needed.

www.americanprogress.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Latin America has always been a basket case. What's new now is that the borders are basically open. They are coming because they CAN come.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Thanks.

I would be dishonest if i didn't point out the politial slant in the article as an opening point.

Most of what it discusses is suppositional such as how climate change will change this or that. The hard data points that are mentioned are things like a decrease in food production in the Northern Triangle. I would need to see either the raw data and have some time to understand the causation, or an analysis by someone without the blatant political bias.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fryguy

We should invade central america. We could only improve the situation. Their inept leadership is a threat to the entire western world.

NO. Absolutely not. Just like Cuba, the people need to make government change on their own and on their terms. End of story. If we want to help, we could literally just cut them off on the information level and that would be a start, no boots on the ground necessary. Then maybe give arms and supplies to the side you want to win. The problem will sort itself out.

Whoever it is your talking about, its their land, their country. They need to fix it. If they don't have the will to fix it then it will be an endless money funnel for anyone trying to fix it for them....Lord Almighty....this has been tried to absolute death so many times by so many different large regimes (including our own) and in many countries, when will people get the picture?

The PEOPLE of that land need to have the will sort it out...otherwise it will be a waste of effort.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Root cause?

All the free crap that the evil left doles out to the illegal aliens.

Well that and their home nations are crapholes.
You, given the same circumstances, would head this way.

Sure as hell I would, I would lie, cheat and steal to get someplace better.

Doesn't justify it though.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Latin America has always been a basket case. What's new now is that the borders are basically open. They are coming because they CAN come.

I grew up 25 miles from Juarez, US side, the levy rd for the Rio Grande ran down the end of my block. As a teen we partied at the river, as kids do, and we would see a steady foot traffic of people walking up the river bank going North. Night after night. That was 50 years ago. Back then, it was mostly men, a few with their wives, no kids.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Being a military veteran my consumption of illegal and many legal products was severely limited and not real interested in starting a new habit at this point. I never considered it a good idea but have never considered any sort of prohibition not smart either.

During the Prohibition of alcohol is this country we saw the exact same scenario develop but instead of calling them cartels we called them the mafia. It does appear the old adage history repeats itself is true.

Maybe the best way of dealing with the crisis is to do what many parents do after finding one of their children smoking which is provide as much as they want til they finally burn their fingers. Again I don't have answers but leaning towards legalization in some sort of controlled environment

edit on 19-7-2021 by Reality2021 because: Correction

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Reality2021

The trouble is that we do not have a cultural framework for such substances.

Tribes that make use of them do so under spiritual, controlled circumstances. They treat the substances with reverence for the most part. Or however, they do it, they have cultural rules constructed around use and abuse.

We do not.

How much destruction are we to suffer in the formation of those rules? Look at the homeless for example. How many of them are basically addicts?

Alcohol was different in that it was culturally engrained into the fabric of society.

edit on 19-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Root cause of border crossing surge

extreme a@@ kissing left leaning democrats and money to be made.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join