It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White house forcing hand of Facebook on censorship?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The White House isn't backing down from its harsh criticism of Facebook after President Biden on Friday accused the social media giant of "killing people" with misinformation about coronavirus vaccinations.

A Biden administration source revealed to Fox News on Saturday that the very public callout of Facebook followed months of frustration with the platform for failing to stamp out "dangerous" information about the vaccinations that have spread online.

The White House has been seeking help from Facebook and other social media sites since February on stopping misinformation from going viral, such as the myth that getting the shot will cause infertility.

So Facebook is accused of killing people by the US Government. Then Facebook is "asked" to let government tell them what post need to be flagged, to limit "misinformation". I was told in a previous thread that the litmus test was if Facebook was forced to do this, it would be unconstitutional, well, I'm not sure how you might see the above scenario, but it looks an awful lot like the Government is forcing the hand of Big Tech to do the removal of first amendment rights for them. But of course, if you don't like your Government, just make a new one. AMIRITE?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Hmmm.......
Freedom of expression is "dangerous "?
Interesting perspective.

Imo freedom is good.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Could it be a sleight of hand? Perhaps the government is taking this public "position" against social media, but its private position might be quite different. It's as if they're taking this high ground, placing a superficial onus on untouchable scapegoats.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Create the communication standard and pretend it's a private company to circumvent the Constitution by controlling free speech.

Real slick guys.

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

The White House isn't backing down from its harsh criticism of Facebook after President Biden on Friday accused the social media giant of "killing people" with misinformation about coronavirus vaccinations.

A Biden administration source revealed to Fox News on Saturday that the very public callout of Facebook followed months of frustration with the platform for failing to stamp out "dangerous" information about the vaccinations that have spread online.

The White House has been seeking help from Facebook and other social media sites since February on stopping misinformation from going viral, such as the myth that getting the shot will cause infertility.

So Facebook is accused of killing people by the US Government. Then Facebook is "asked" to let government tell them what post need to be flagged, to limit "misinformation". I was told in a previous thread that the litmus test was if Facebook was forced to do this, it would be unconstitutional, well, I'm not sure how you might see the above scenario, but it looks an awful lot like the Government is forcing the hand of Big Tech to do the removal of first amendment rights for them. But of course, if you don't like your Government, just make a new one. AMIRITE?
This seems like an open acknowlegement that Xiden Regime is directing cancel culture since Feb…. i.e. from the very beginning. Unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

This seems like an open acknowlegement that Xiden Regime is directing cancel culture since Feb…. i.e. from the very beginning. Unbelievable!

I put this in the 'everybody knows, just nobody said it out loud until now' basket.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Is it favoritism towards Twitter by the Biden admininistration?

Or is it deceiving the population into thinking that the Biden administration is responsible for this "important" change although google already did it?

I am open for more ideas, but I what I don't believe is that it's for the greater good.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you patronize these social media censors and their cancel culture, at all, don't complain. For instance, you don't like the Nazis, but you spend time on Facebook or Twitter, and so on? If you feed the beast, that wants to bite your head off, what you have is a personal problem of hypocrisy and not even doing anything for your free nation, rather just growing their revenue, with every click. I'm sick of conservative websites, too, throwing all kinds of links out there to all the usual media suspects, serving more as publicity for every liberal beast that says something stupid and evil, publicizing their tweets, etc.

In any event, any of you out there whining about the Nazis, while using all their Nazi products, you need to just shutup, as somebody that won't even stop feeding the beast, for the good of your nation. I saw one revolting discussion of people alarmed at the social media, yet many making excuses for why they still need and use them, as if they can't find another way to keep in touch with family or friends and such. "I hate the devil, but it's not convenient to quit paying him!" Yeah. Right.

That Americans don't see a huge problem, in huge numbers, with government using business to silence opposition, the definition of Fascism, won't even boycott their oppressors, I'm not sure you deserve any good government, why a nation that doesn't care about the likes of the Bill of Rights shouldn't just go to hell. Your forefathers fought and died, so you could be some worm on Facebook or Twitter, or throwing money at your cable TV propaganda masters? Maybe just go back to sleep, but do stop complaining, if this is you.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan
Could it be a sleight of hand? Perhaps the government is taking this public "position" against social media, but its private position might be quite different. It's as if they're taking this high ground, placing a superficial onus on untouchable scapegoats.

Bingo. The confusion created will keep the Public in check and limit the provable exposures of gov corruption and lying.

😃

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Your forefathers fought and died, so you could be some worm on Facebook or Twitter, or throwing money at your cable TV propaganda masters?

They did EXACTLY that.
Freedom to CHOOSE.
Sorry you seem to have a problem with that.
We get to COMPLAIN all we like, as LOUD as we like, or NOT AT ALL if we like.
Why do you hate freedom in action?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
How is this any different than when Trump would demand the social media companies do something and then criticize them when they didn't?

The fact that Facebook still isn't going along with the administration's agenda should be all the proof you need that the government isn't overstepping their bounds.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
How is this any different than when Trump would demand the social media companies do something and then criticize them when they didn't?

The fact that Facebook still isn't going along with the administration's agenda should be all the proof you need that the government isn't overstepping their bounds.

if you are still carrying their water, super, I hope you don't spill any. I'm just asking where the line is. I was told it was somewhere near here yesterday, but apparently, that has changed. No problem.

But would you be kind enough to let me know when I should start to be concerned about Government overreach and the 1st amendment? Please and thankyou.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I wonder if Biden has a FB & Twitter account and what kind of replies he gets.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
Maybe just go back to sleep, but do stop complaining, if this is you.

this one member said this the other day:

On the other hand, if there is government collusion, of any sort, with these private control freaks, this should be criminal, is promoting offenses against the Bill of Rights, which government is charged to defend, especially where civic and political speech are concerned. It's now known Biden called on the social media to silence Trump. Silencing opposition is rogue and totalitarian, is acting the enemy of a free people, and violating God-given rights of freedom of thought and expression, hence exerting such control antithetical to very human nature. Only the wicked have so ruled over people, throughout history, never ceasing to amaze me how we learn nothing from this, that the likes of this obscene regime in Washington got there and isn't already shutdown.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wonder what HE thinks of this aspect of government involvement in the censorship now? Or would he just be complaining and he needs to STFU?
edit on 18-7-2021 by network dude because: fixed error

edit on 18-7-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Is this because the WH doesn't any potential baclasah on the Covid with issues like blood clots or heart inflammations?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Meanwhile the same Biden admin goes around telling other countries "But you guys you dont have freedom of speech" yet what Biden admin is trying to do is no different from a dictatorship country.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Like when who where and what about ?

did what ?

😵‍💫

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I had to chuckle this morning when a liberal friend was complaining about Facebook flagging his post.
He posted that a certain bird species that is normally found in Florida is being seen in Pennsylvania.
He had posted a comment below it showing the normal range of the bird from the Audubon Society’s web site.
Facebook flagged it as promoting fraud.
edit on b000000312021-07-18T11:02:45-05:0011America/ChicagoSun, 18 Jul 2021 11:02:45 -05001100000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I really don’t spend time on Facebook and don’t have a Twitter account.

The only thing that truly makes me angry is YouTube. I just use it for kids music, some workout stuff, and have the kid do some yoga with me when we play video games to long.

Back to youtube. I have never watched news on YouTube. But when I load YouTube, there are news feeds pushed as a selection. And the feeds they select and push are very targeted and have a purpose.

Please tell me how YouTube isn’t an editor of content, and a publisher if they are filtering content to push a narrative….

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I posted this yesterday, just for a test. I almost never post anything.

If you have had Covid and got over it, you likely have the antibodies. If you have the antibodies, you don't need the vaccine. Or is this virus totally different than all the viruses before? Why are we being pushed to hard to get the shot, and not tested for antibodies first?

It got flagged. I posted this after the flagging for supporting documentation:

'Herd immunity', also known as 'population immunity', is the indirect protection from an infectious disease that happens when a population is immune either through vaccination or immunity developed through previous infection. WHO supports achieving 'herd immunity' through vaccination, not by allowing a disease to spread through any segment of the population, as this would result in unnecessary cases and deaths.
Herd immunity against COVID-19 should be achieved by protecting people through vaccination, not by exposing them to the pathogen that causes the disease. Read the Director-General’s 12 October media briefing speech for more detail.
Vaccines train our immune systems to create proteins that fight disease, known as ‘antibodies’, just as would happen when we are exposed to a disease but – crucially – vaccines work without making us sick. Vaccinated people are protected from getting the disease in question and passing on the pathogen, breaking any chains of transmission. Visit our webpage on COVID-19 and vaccines for more detail.

that was from the CDC.

Clown world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join