It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism won Euro 2020: Italian football team has too many damn Italians, The Economist argues.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The Italian Euro 2020 Soccer Team wait for it. You guessed it had being labeled for Being Racist and not Diverse Enough.
The Italian team has to many white players not enough diversity According to Western MSM journalists.

This article problary was written mostly by a white editorial staff at the Economist.

Racism won Euro 2020: Italian football team has too many damn Italians, The Economist argues.

The problem with the Italian football team is that there’s just too many Italians on it, The Economist argued in a bizarre article linking Italy’s Euro 2020 victory to fascism, racism, and the defeat of multiculturalism.

Italy beat England 3-2 in a nail-biting penalty shootout on Sunday night, winning the UEFA European Championships for the first time since 1968. However, while Italians erupted in celebration, some dismayed England fans turned their anger on their team’s three black players who missed their penalty kicks.

The most striking aspect of Italy’s 26-man squad before it took to the pitch was that, alone among the main contenders, it did not include a single player considered as being of colour

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How Much does Diversity does the NBA have? these people are clearly insane.
What are they trying to suggest that because white players had won it was unfair? last time i checked France players were white.
Majority of the current players for the French are not even Born in France they are bought players.

edit on 16-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

I agree , they should be stripped of the Euro 2020 cup !

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
The Italian Euro 2020 Soccer Team wait for it. You guessed it had being labeled for Being Racist and not Diverse Enough.
The Italian team has to many white players not enough diversity According to Western MSM journalists.

This article problary was written mostly by a white editorial staff at the Economist.

The problem with the Italian football team is that there’s just too many Italians on it, The Economist argued in a bizarre article linking Italy’s Euro 2020 victory to fascism, racism, and the defeat of multiculturalism.

Italy beat England 3-2 in a nail-biting penalty shootout on Sunday night, winning the UEFA European Championships for the first time since 1968. However, while Italians erupted in celebration, some dismayed England fans turned their anger on their team’s three black players who missed their penalty kicks.

The most striking aspect of Italy’s 26-man squad before it took to the pitch was that, alone among the main contenders, it did not include a single player considered as being of colour

Italy never had an Empire like The U.K. Black footballers in The UK are decendents of those who where entiled to come to live in The UK from former colonies.

The answer is easy if so called journalists actually did their job correctly
edit on 16-7-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Isn't Rome in Italy?

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Isn't Rome in Italy?

True.

However it was called " The Roman Empire " not The Italian Empire.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ma vaffancul.... The Economist di merda.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Italy deserved the win.

I would have liked to see England pull it off, so they can win EM title at least one time (har har) and even in their own country. I still remember 2006, football world championship in Germany. Four weeks of summer and party! We went so crazy that we invented partying a second time. Seriously our "public viewings" (lol German-English
were the most awesome fests I ever visited. Forget love parade, forget Oktoberfest.

Italy 2006 getting a German player red carded in the semi finals after dramatically simulating a foul, still strong in my memories.

Back to topic, the "journalists" at the Economist do not deserve their name. What's the point of a world or European championship if not rubbing superior-ness under some other countries nose? And if it's just for two respectively four years?

If that's racism now, the spirit of contest is dead. We can further only allow inner-racial contests. Oh wait, that does not compute with men joining women teams under disguise of a imagine-ated vagina.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I agree , they should be stripped of the Euro 2020 cup !

If I was in charge, I'd offer you a re-match. I want to celebrate and get Peroni-drunk one more time Hahahaha !!!

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
By the way, the behavior of a lot of English fans in the stadium was lowest class.

Harassing the Italian players just for being sore loosers themselves and most of them couldn't even catch a pass from 3m away.

boooo!

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Tulpa

Isn't Rome in Italy?

True.

However it was called " The Roman Empire " not The Italian Empire.

That's all well and good and what not but you're spot on about journalists.
I'm not a footie fan but it's getting tiresome this PC nonsense.

The teams should pick the players, the players should play the game and the winners get a nice cup.

The Economist should shut the hell up and write rubbish for rich dudes.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So. A magazine that specializes in markets decided to aweigh in on a sports team that are in their own right champions?

Because Racism.

Yeah. Okay.

Someone should call Google and pull their site for misinformation.
edit on 16-7-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They used to lynch Italians for not being white enough in this country.

Mad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There are Black Italian footballers.

If they aren't good enough to be selected then they aren't good enough.
Black players have been selected for Italy before.....because they were good enough.

It's really not hard to understand.

Are 'they' seriously suggesting that people get selected just because they are black?

Every single Black/Mixed race person who got selected in the England squad got there on merit.
Surely that's how it should be?
edit on 16/7/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
By the way, the behavior of a lot of English fans in the stadium was lowest class.

Harassing the Italian players just for being sore loosers themselves and most of them couldn't even catch a pass from 3m away.

boooo!

Fuhgeddaboudit ! ..... that was expected.

They gave us a free pass. Nothing sweeter than Italian profanity

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I wonder if any Italian player's showed them the international OK sign

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Trueman

I wonder if any Italian player's showed them the international OK sign

Hahaha....

This one goes to The Economist !

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't think we should allow this racist attack on indigenous Italians to go unanswered.

Colonizers go home.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
BTW I had a frozen pineapple-ham pizza a few hours ago.

Live is life! An-na-na-na-nas....

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Perhaps we should ask Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Balotelli their opinion on Italian fiscal matters and question the racial make-up of Italian bankers and Industrialists?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join