It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to Ban 'misleading' Information From Most of its Products

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Stop making threads, please.

Every time you do my calender changes to 1984 and I'm tired of constantly having to change it.

Please and thank you.

😜

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
The censorship train keeps on a rolling. Google has quietly changed it's use polices for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and new Sites.

In these new policies is a section on misleading content posted below:

support.google.com...=%2Cmisleading-content

Do not distribute content that deceives, misleads, or confuses users. This includes:

Misleading content related to civic and democratic processes: Content that is demonstrably false and could significantly undermine participation or trust in civic or democratic processes. This includes information about public voting procedures, political candidate eligibility based on age / birthplace, election results, or census participation that contradicts official government records. It also includes incorrect claims that a political figure or government official has died, been involved in an accident, or is suffering from a sudden serious illness.

Misleading content related to harmful health practices: Misleading health or medical content that promotes or encourages others to engage in practices that may lead to serious physical or emotional harm to individuals, or serious public health harm.

Manipulated media: Media that has been technically manipulated or doctored in a way that misleads users and may pose a serious risk of egregious harm.

Misleading content may be allowed in an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic context, but please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand this context. In some cases, no amount of context will allow this content to remain on our platforms. 

Violating this policy and writing anything that falls under the above in any of the above mentioned google products could lead to:

We need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide these services, and we ask that everyone abide by the policies below to help us achieve this goal. After we are notified of a potential policy violation, we may review the content and take action, including restricting access to the content, removing the content, and limiting or terminating a user’s access to Google products.

OK, now that's pretty #ed up just by itself...but let's take a moment to think about what these products actually are...

Drive(file storage like Dropbox)
Docs(Word processor like Word)
Sheets(Spreadsheet program like excel)
Slides(Presentation program like Powerpoint)
Forms(tools for creating online surveys)
Sites(web hosting)

Three of the five products are literally office software. That would be like Microsoft implementing a ban on misleading information(with its vague subjective definition) in Microsoft office. As in, banning you from using office if you use word to type 'misleading information'.

Which, considering Office is now sold as a service rather than software you buy, this is not actually that far fetched.

The interesting part:

"It also includes incorrect claims that a political figure or government official has died, been involved in an accident, or is suffering from a sudden serious illness."

I believe they are referring to Joe Biden's future... : O

and Camel Toes too...

edit on 19071931pm312021Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:19:35 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So, no more talk of Insurrections, Russian Collusion, or Biden's 80 million supporters.

It's about time. It would have been nice if they had this "No Misinformation" policy four years ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The fact that Google was allowed to become a nearly exclusive proprietor of services, to the point they think we can be coerced if they threaten to rescind access to their products, says our society is clearly far too dependent on their business. Let's change that.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think monopolies like Google should be forcibly disbanded.

Google Executives who object to such a course of action should state their objections in person at our complaints department in Antarctica at their own expense. One way tickets only I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I think monopolies like Google should be forcibly disbanded.

Google Executives who object to such a course of action should state their objections in person at our complaints department in Antarctica at their own expense. One way tickets only I'm afraid.

All that is deemed misinformation !!

How will your policies get enforced ?? 😧😃

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Time to boycott Google and their crap, people get away from all this type of media control, only the people can get this companies out of business .

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The censorship train keeps on a rolling. Google has quietly changed it's use polices for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and new Sites.

In these new policies is a section on misleading content posted below:

support.google.com...=%2Cmisleading-content

Do not distribute content that deceives, misleads, or confuses users. This includes:

Misleading content related to civic and democratic processes: Content that is demonstrably false and could significantly undermine participation or trust in civic or democratic processes. This includes information about public voting procedures, political candidate eligibility based on age / birthplace, election results, or census participation that contradicts official government records. It also includes incorrect claims that a political figure or government official has died, been involved in an accident, or is suffering from a sudden serious illness.

Misleading content related to harmful health practices: Misleading health or medical content that promotes or encourages others to engage in practices that may lead to serious physical or emotional harm to individuals, or serious public health harm.

Manipulated media: Media that has been technically manipulated or doctored in a way that misleads users and may pose a serious risk of egregious harm.

Misleading content may be allowed in an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic context, but please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand this context. In some cases, no amount of context will allow this content to remain on our platforms. 

Violating this policy and writing anything that falls under the above in any of the above mentioned google products could lead to:

We need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide these services, and we ask that everyone abide by the policies below to help us achieve this goal. After we are notified of a potential policy violation, we may review the content and take action, including restricting access to the content, removing the content, and limiting or terminating a user’s access to Google products.

OK, now that's pretty #ed up just by itself...but let's take a moment to think about what these products actually are...

Drive(file storage like Dropbox)
Docs(Word processor like Word)
Sheets(Spreadsheet program like excel)
Slides(Presentation program like Powerpoint)
Forms(tools for creating online surveys)
Sites(web hosting)

Three of the five products are literally office software. That would be like Microsoft implementing a ban on misleading information(with its vague subjective definition) in Microsoft office. As in, banning you from using office if you use word to type 'misleading information'.

Which, considering Office is now sold as a service rather than software you buy, this is not actually that far fetched.

Censorship relates to government. Without proving a connection between government, not sure we can call it censorship.

Information control is as good a name as anything, and is more appropriate.

changingminds.org...

A common method of controlling information is to completely remove the person (or even the group) from any outside sources of information. They cannot control the media, so they remove themselves from it. Extreme groups lock themselves away in isolated buildings. They move to the country. They even move to other countries.

Another form of isolation is to demonize anything that is not approved by the group. People are forbidden to read banned texts or talk to people who might contradict what the group wants them to believe.

Orwell. I mean, what else can you say?

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seems pretty simple to me. Don't try and push BS anymore. You will be fact checked. FACTS. Remember those. They are always the same regardless of the person's point of view hearing them. I know some here will say, "Well that depends on....". NO it doesn't. Facts haven't changed. People's inability to separate opinion and fact, THAT'S changed.

I think a lot of people here are just upset because there isn't too many good alternatives to Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
And after spouting for decades companies should be able to do what they want, the chickens have come home to roost. Now they are doing something that you don't like.

No one is being censored. You still have a right to shout from the rooftops anything you wish. You can write editorials, books, do a TV ad. Lots of things. Unfortunately, those do give INSTANT satisfaction. People claim the internet and media is evil, but everyone just laps it up. Very few walk the walk.

Personally, I LOVE THE INTERNET. Won't be giving it up. Love Google, the world at my fingertips. Love Facebook, humor and friends at my fingertips.

I really is what you choose to view. If you choose to view BS and everything that, pardon me, pisses you off, well, don't be surprised when you are angry all the time.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

You know before all this fake social medias is was something called, human interaction when you used to be with your family, friends and enjoy their company face to face, have family dinners, go lunch with friends and enjoy theater and movies and much more other ways of sharing entertainment.

I never fell for any of this social media groups and I always knew was not real and a danger to human to human personal interactions.

edit on 16-7-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

There's a chance you still use google more than you realize.

venturebeat.com...

Not to mention, how many websites and web apps that rely on google cloud services, or google analytics, or google ad services or recaptcha or....

Yeah...you can't escape them...

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Seems pretty simple to me.

For someone claiming it's simple, you don't seem to get it.

Don't try and push BS anymore

Is questioning your government "pushing BS"? Is asking a question on a big tech platform "pushing BS"?

You will be fact checked. FACTS. Remember those

LMFAO! Who fact checks the politicians when they spew endless streams of lies? Remember when Obama said "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Where were the precious fact checkers then?

No one is being censored.

Pardon me, but have you been living in a cave, on Mars, with your eyes closed and your ears shut for the last few years?

You emphasize FACTS. You capitalized the word. You're promoting fact-checking, yet the whole concept of "facts" seems a tad foreign to you.
edit on 16-7-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How is google not considered part of government when it was created directly through government funding?

moguldom.com...

Receives massive subsidies from government

www.siliconvalleywatcher.com...

and receives exclusive government contracts

www.quora.com...
edit on 16/7/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So Google is going to outright ban politics since that's it's entire reason for being.

I can't wait for that to happen.

In the year 2021.

The Ministry of Truth wasn't just a work of fiction.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Google is now Screwoogle 😃

COVID 19 vaccination is orange juice 😃

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Government censorship is totally good as long as they use social media and big tech to do it. You are free to start your own google if you don't like it.

Until the other tech companies with big tech companies start trying to ruin your own platform with trolls etc..

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Cheerios does not and cannot help lower cholesterol. It's been proven that dietary cholesterol or the lack thereof has essentially no effect on your body cholesterol. Stupid lying bee.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: The2Billies

There's a chance you still use google more than you realize.

venturebeat.com...

Not to mention, how many websites and web apps that rely on google cloud services, or google analytics, or google ad services or recaptcha or....

Yeah...you can't escape them...

Regardless, if I know it is a google product, I won't use it, I'll find an alternative.

I just can't support an evil company that purposely developed Dragonfly for an evil genocidal political class like they have in China.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Soon Google will charge a fee to remove "misleading" information (Like negative feedback) from businesses unless they do that already??

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Dont disagree. File a lawsuit so its official.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join