It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to Ban 'misleading' Information From Most of its Products

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The censorship train keeps on a rolling. Google has quietly changed it's use polices for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and new Sites.

In these new policies is a section on misleading content posted below:

support.google.com...=%2Cmisleading-content

Do not distribute content that deceives, misleads, or confuses users. This includes:

Misleading content related to civic and democratic processes: Content that is demonstrably false and could significantly undermine participation or trust in civic or democratic processes. This includes information about public voting procedures, political candidate eligibility based on age / birthplace, election results, or census participation that contradicts official government records. It also includes incorrect claims that a political figure or government official has died, been involved in an accident, or is suffering from a sudden serious illness.

Misleading content related to harmful health practices: Misleading health or medical content that promotes or encourages others to engage in practices that may lead to serious physical or emotional harm to individuals, or serious public health harm.

Manipulated media: Media that has been technically manipulated or doctored in a way that misleads users and may pose a serious risk of egregious harm.

Misleading content may be allowed in an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic context, but please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand this context. In some cases, no amount of context will allow this content to remain on our platforms. 

Violating this policy and writing anything that falls under the above in any of the above mentioned google products could lead to:

We need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide these services, and we ask that everyone abide by the policies below to help us achieve this goal. After we are notified of a potential policy violation, we may review the content and take action, including restricting access to the content, removing the content, and limiting or terminating a user’s access to Google products.

OK, now that's pretty #ed up just by itself...but let's take a moment to think about what these products actually are...

Drive(file storage like Dropbox)
Docs(Word processor like Word)
Sheets(Spreadsheet program like excel)
Slides(Presentation program like Powerpoint)
Forms(tools for creating online surveys)
Sites(web hosting)

Three of the five products are literally office software. That would be like Microsoft implementing a ban on misleading information(with its vague subjective definition) in Microsoft office. As in, banning you from using office if you use word to type 'misleading information'.

Which, considering Office is now sold as a service rather than software you buy, this is not actually that far fetched.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

nothing to see here, move along. The litmus test is if the government asks or tells them to do this. As long as they ask, it's all wine and roses. Government censorship is totally good as long as they use social media and big tech to do it. You are free to start your own google if you don't like it.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This. is. Our. Life. Now.

I suggest grabbing a hotdog with the fixings and some beer and go hang out by the shore with a book or a friend.

Sorry that’s all I got.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hey dug, it's coming.

They called it TCPA first, now it's called trusted computing. We're already in stage 2. AV software was stage 1 when they started to tag self written code as virus so you would have to verify (as in, send in the source) to the AV company so they won't throw AV notices in future. Unrelated to my current undertaking, I know an example where my uncle gave us tools and some were marked as virus but there was none, even websites we uploaded it, tagged it as virus free.

But some AV software didn't like it writing to the harddrive so it was tagged with a bs virus detection.

Stage 2 is the same but not for coded information, but cleartext.

Stage 3 is full trusted computing implementation. The chipsets are already inside most common components.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Ministry of Truth

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is full on tyranny like I have never seen, at least not to this degree. This is an abuse, because everyone knows how "misleading information" has already been redefined to mean anything their benefactors don't agree with whether it is true or not. Mostly it is the true stuff they disagree with and label as misleading.

Google can still be punished for this. To what degree depends upon how much more arrogant and pompous they become in their cooperation with the left wing extreme zealotry they are now embracing. The degree of what punishment they deserve is already in the range of the unprintable.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I already use code words related to politics connected to Google, docs, Youtube, gmail etc. such as Joe Hiding for Joe Biden or China Bug for Covid-19... especially for data spreadsheets.

Anyway, who didn't foresee this? They've become predictable.

can't wait to see Google burn...

edit on 44074431pm312021Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:44:32 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yeah, as far as I know Windows 11 won't be installable without a TPM module. There's also the amd and Intel management engines that hang out on ring -1 or -2 or something, somewhere below where even the system firmware can touch. They've got full webstacks that operate outside the os, remote access and disabling capabilities.

UEFI and secure boot caused me a bunch of trouble the first computer I got with it. At the time you still had to disable secure boot to install linux and it made it a huge pain every time there was a kernel update. Sometimes too it would just randomly switch secure boot back on again on start up and I'd have to dick around in the BIOS settings just to get my computer to boot.

Code signing is just, it drives me nuts. I don't even bother thinking about porting anything to Mac because of it. Google's apk signing is a pain to deal withal and they're moving to AAB packages and identity verification and such for the play store.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Say thanks to your local liberal when you see them again. They love that censorship crap. It helps them cheat in elections, prosecute innocent people and spread lies to destroy their opponents. Nothing will change ever since our election process is now illegitimate due to those same people.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There's something to be said for paper newspapers, in-person conversations, and hand-delivered documents. Time will tell, but this will not end well.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator
Hey let's ban paper because of the environment!

Better even, let's ban handwriting until we find a way to ban speech. All information you has to be fed through a computer.

Even better! Let's have a augmentation chip that is remotely accessible and can unlock or lock memories and skills on a "need to know" basis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Human augmentation
edit on 16.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: fixed links

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The NWO/Democrat Alliance is erasing as many national laws as possible in every country that has any freedoms of speech.

The lawsuits will take too long and the effects will be devastating.

Get ready suckers 😄😄😄

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

They've done there best to stop as much of that as possible with covid. 6 feet apart...everything another human is touched is contaminated. Best hide in your bubble and live through the computer screen. Let the media and big tech tell you everything you need to know.
edit on 16/7/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That is why I do my best to avoid all Google products. Want to stop Google? Simple, don't use their products, unless you absolutely feel you must.

I don't use google to search except very very rarely to get better shopping results on only items that say nothing about me, like a side table. Then I close out Google search and go to the site without clicking it from Google directly.

I don't use google chrome, ever.
or their cloud
or their office software
or anything with the Google name on it

I also don't use Edge or explorer.

Open Office has all the office software Google offers online for free download and usage.
It isn't as up to date as the Microsoft subscription, but it works well for home users where you are most likely to write things that Google will censor.

Google has now officially become an arm of the Democratic Party enforcement agency and the current federal government administration. No surprise since it supplied China with Dragonfly which surveils every single Chinese citizen 24/7 for their government. Google has officially turned communist totalitarian spy wing for governments. Their new motto should be: We do evil.

For storage, get a 4K usb drive, keep all your stuff to store on drives at home, I do. I never "cloud" anything.

However, when it comes to surveillance who knows who owns ATS. We just don't know do we? This site would be a great way to spy on "wrong thinking dissenters", like protesters in Cuba.

edit on 7/16/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

This is how new languages form...

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You know social media and their tech lap dogs are not exempt from repercussions when they violate the constitutional rights of the people in the US.

I wonder how long and how far they will get away with it,

Before the law sues starts.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

ack ack!

ACK ACK ACK!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 16/7/2021 by UKWO1Phot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I have string and some tin cans.

We'll have to set up a CanNet.

I get to be on the main can, though, as gatekeeper.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I've always seen such ads as intelligence tests.

Especially when they come with Chinesium dialect.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join