It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest them all and make a point. You are elected officials not activists....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm just saying that if the OP, or anyone else, is deriding the Dems for doing this while they had previously celebrated the Republicans for doing the same thing, they're a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: loam

To quote Keith Ingram, Texas' Director of Elections:

“In spite of all the circumstances, Texas had an election that was smooth and secure,” Ingram told lawmakers in March, referring to the effect of the pandemic. “Texans can be justifiably proud of the hard work and creativity shown by local county elections officials.”

So in other words, an unsubstantiated assertion.

Roger.
edit on 13-7-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm just saying that if the OP, or anyone else, is deriding the Dems for doing this while they had previously celebrated the Republicans for doing the same thing, they're a hypocrite.

LOL. Indeed.

But let's be honest. This country has converted hypocrisy into an American tradition. Apparently, it's almost on par with apple pie.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

If these lawmakers broke the law then arrest them. However, I don't exactly see how that's going to help them get a quorum if these lawmakers are in jail.
'
'
I was under the impression they were to be arrested and returned to the capitol building so the vote could happen. Is that not the case?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So the person that was in charge of running the elections and ensuring their security does not count as an expert witness?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar
Republicans did it in Oregon in 2020 to avoid a vote on climate change. But that was ok, because they were republican and only democrats do bad things, right?

Did they walk out during two special sessions then leave for D.C. on chartered flights. So that's exactly what they did in Oregon? Did they celebrate with pics on a bus with a case of beer and celebrate on a plane?

Hard to believe I missed it...meh.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You still buy that most secure bit huh? Not from where I was sitting, then again I had a bit of a different vantage point than others.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

that's fair enough. But rather than just assume you hold the moral high ground, shouldn't you go dig up their previous posts so you can show the hypocrisy, or is insinuation enough for your point?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I find that easy to agree with.

States should enact laws to combat fleeing a public duty.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's fair enough. But rather than just assume you hold the moral high ground, shouldn't you go dig up their previous posts so you can show the hypocrisy, or is insinuation enough for your point?

It's not the same thing. Where are the pics of the GOP taking a chartered flight to D.C. then getting the VP to defend them on national media.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So the person that was in charge of running the elections and ensuring their security does not count as an expert witness?

That person sounds like they would be an idiot for saying anything BUT that. it's their job, and some feel they sucked at it, while others are actively trying to halt any efforts into verification of that fact.

If I had it my way, we would find a way for anyone who was legal and wanted to vote, to do so, and have NO excuses as to why they couldn't do it. And anyone caught cheating would be charged with treason and killed. That way, the incentive to be honest would be quite large. Cheaters risk death. No matter what letter is beside their name.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Havamal

Lay off the Liberal Kool-aid.

That's like asking him/her/it to lay off breathing - not gonna happen, ever.

Hey remember Greta and climate change and #in aeroplanes causing it all? Yeah - #in crickets when these swallowers do it whilst conducting their 'maskless super-spreading event' and ensuring they get the pics on twitter for them juicy retweets.

Oh Hypocrisy....thy name is democrats (aka the new CCP)

link   
It would be very patriotic to form a militia to grab these Democrat's who are trying circumvent our elections, especially now since they are wanted by the State. : )

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: matafuchs

(50) Delta Airlines airfares @ $237/ea. = $11,850

Cost to charter a 50 passenger CRJ 200 - $19,650 / hour

Flight time from Dallas to DC - 3 hours

$19, 650/hr. x 3 hours = $58,950

Seems to me, someone's got $47,370 dollars worth of explaining to do!!!

Come on man, there Democrats, money means nothing to them.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

It's not the same thing. Where are the pics of the GOP taking a chartered flight to D.C. then getting the VP to defend them on national media.

I'm still waiting for the proof that members here in this thread cheered this on when it was republicans. Not saying it didn't happen, just that taking the word of random dude isn't usually the best way for a factual talk.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Come on. I know you are smarter than that. And now you've moved the goal post.

It's a weak data point from a biased source (a Democrat btw) who has a very strong incentive to make such a statement. What was he supposed to say? "I was in charge of State elections and they sucked."

Hardly enough to conclude as you did 'the most secure'. He didn't even make that claim.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the proof that members here in this thread cheered this on when it was republicans.

I was wondering the same.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I find that easy to agree with.

States should enact laws to combat fleeing a public duty.

Apparently, Texas has passed just such laws.

democrat's current effort to avoid performing their constitutional duty earned them 60-90 days in jail due to above.

(Just following along here, not a legal expert)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Nope, just one plane. Were there more than 50 people?

If so, we'll need to move up to a CRJ-700 with 78 seats @ $20,000 per hour.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

For those of you outside of Texas, this is just more of the same. Last time, maybe 10-15 years ago, they all went to Cloudcroft, in New Mexico.

This happens from time to time. The Democrats get pushed around, and do this kind of stuff to make a big show of it. Last time they were threatened to be arrested, but I don't recall that happening.

Once they come back to the state, they are doing so to attend to Austin business. The need to arrest them would just be a big show.

Im not a fan of Abbott. He is a RINO of the worst kind. And while i am not particularly fond of Republicans in general...they are absolutely a lesser evil. He had a chance and just outright blew it. COVID shutdown....all his fault. he made that call. Property taxes....Jesus tapdancing Christ....how many elderly folks will be evicted for not being able to pay these ridiculous property taxes? ERCOT? That was obviously critically important, right?

He's messed up big, and is facing an uncertain vote. He worked too hard to distance from Trump around May 2020, and its bitten him in the ass ever since. Now he pushes Constitutional Carry and a border wall, as if those are the 2 biggest issues for Texans right now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join